Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Keenan 140 relined how much did it cost

• 13-10-2019 7:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi, I have a klassic 140 and I’m looking to have a full reline main body and auger, just wondering has anyone here had theirs reclined before and how much did it cost you. TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭Grueller

Hi, I have a klassic 140 and I’m looking to have a full reline main body and auger, just wondering has anyone here had theirs reclined before and how much did it cost you. TIA

Think Whelan2 did. Other than that I am no help.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 spudstyle0978

Grueller wrote: »
    Think Whelan2 did. Other than that I am no help.

Cheers I just want a rough estimate, so I have price before I approach anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 29,056 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

We got half of ours done. You need to go to the lads who are doing it all the time. No point skimping on the steel. David Campbell is one lad who does them he's in edgeworthstown in longford

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dar31

I got our done in 2017 for €2500. Reline the barrell as well as service.
    Think that included some new knives and extra rubbers on paddles to help feed out faster.
    Basically a full overhaul.
    One of the keenan mechanics dose them as a side business

Cheers do you know what thickness of the steel was. And was that at 140

• Advertisement

Why did he suggest only half. Would it not have saved money in the long run by doing it all at the same time. How much did he charge if you don’t mind me asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dar31

Sorry don't know steel thickness.
    Yea 140

Appreciate that. Cheers.

Why did he suggest only half. Would it not have saved money in the long run by doing it all at the same time. How much did he charge if you don’t mind me asking.

We only did the back half. I traded the feeder in this year and bought a new one. I got a local engineering crowd to do it. Will look up how much it was

whelan2 wrote: »
    We only did the back half. I traded the feeder in this year and bought a new one. I got a local engineering crowd to do it. Will look up how much it was

Cheers. What did you go with now.

• Advertisement

Cheers. What did you go with now.

Had a 170 and got the equivalent which is a Keenan mech fiber 350

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭epfff

To hijack
    Are ye all happy with feeder would ye go back to no feeder?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

epfff wrote: »
    To hijack
    Are ye all happy with feeder would ye go back to no feeder?

Seriously contemplating selling feeder.... too time consuming

• Registered Users Posts: 6,875 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Was considering one have a tractor with loader and a tm150. Friend feeds bales with the skidsteer this time of the year and pit silage with the feeder and straw. Considering a 140 Keenan s/h for about 5k, hr maintains tubs are expensive to buy also run more diesel

Does anyone know how to pump oil in to a trioliet tub feeder gearbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lab man

Does anyone know how to pump oil in to a trioliet tub feeder gearbox.

I dont have one, but u can buy an oil gun like a grease gun that you screw onto the gear box oil hole and pump away

lab man wrote: »
    I dont have one, but u can buy an oil gun like a grease gun that you screw onto the gear box oil hole and pump away

Cheers never done one before. Was just trying to get the gist of how it works

Advertisement