Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Plumbing issue at work

• 30-07-2019 10:06pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 129 ✭✭

The main toilet at work is constantly out of action. The manager has gotten plumbers in to fix it about four times, but it keeps getting jammed up.

Anyway, myself and my colleagues have to go across the road to the nearby cafe to use the restroom which is for customer use only.

As a result, myself and my colleagues are spending upwards of five euro a day for the pleasure of emptying our bowels of urine and feces.

This has been going on about two months.

I've joked with the manager that he'll need to start compensating us for all the americanos and cups of green tea, but he laughs it off and struts away like a peacock.

The place stinks too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

And I thought I had a load of sh1t to deal with in work

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭This is it

Stop drinking americanos and green tea, you won't need the jax as much

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 129 ✭✭Ecce No Homo

Anyway I'm going to speak to my manager tomorrow about this. I've basically been nominated by the others to be the spokesperson :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,198 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Is this your second thread on this most pertinent of subjects?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

Anyway I'm going to speak to my manager tomorrow about this. I've basically been nominated by the others to be the spokesperson :(

That's (s)cat that they dumped it all on you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,319 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

If there's urine in your bowel you've a bigger problem. Get your affairs in order and sweet dreams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

The main toilet at work is constantly out of action. The manager has gotten plumbers in to fix it about four times, but it keeps getting jammed up.

Anyway, myself and my colleagues have to go across the road to the nearby cafe to use the restroom which is for customer use only.

As a result, myself and my colleagues are spending upwards of five euro a day for the pleasure of emptying our bowels of urine and feces.

This has been going on about two months.

I've joked with the manager that he'll need to start compensating us for all the americanos and cups of green tea, but he laughs it off and struts away like a peacock.

The place stinks too.

I think you've got bigger problems than a broken crapper :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

This is it wrote: »
    Stop drinking americanos and green tea, you won't need the jax as much

It seems that the 'Toilets for Customer Use Only' sign has them caught in a horrible, horrible circle and nobody is willing to throw them a rope.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭medic112

Who's the winner's here, then.

1. Your mgr who's washed his hands of the rest rooms problems .
    2. The cafe across the road who now €'s in.(& who is probably the cause of the toilet problem in the 1st place, blocking the drains with oil etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Does your manager have a stake in the cafe?

I used to work for a small company when I was in college. It involved travelling to different sites to do contract work. The manager of the company would close the place early on Friday (which was pay day) before everyone would have returned. He would leave the pay cheques behind the bar of a nearby pub that he owned. Everyone went in, cashed their cheques and a large majority would stay drinking for the evening giving the manager back his money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

jester77 wrote: »
    Does your manager have a stake in the cafe?

I used to work for a small company when I was in college. It involved travelling to different sites to do contract work. The manager of the company would close the place early on Friday (which was pay day) before everyone would have returned. He would leave the pay cheques behind the bar of a nearby pub that he owned. Everyone went in, cashed their cheques and a large majority would stay drinking for the evening giving the manager back his money.

That is absolutely genius. Fair play to the manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

OP, raise the issue with your manager that its unacceptable not to have toilets at work.

Also mention that you will no longer be paying to use the toilet in the cafe. Find the nearest toilet you can use that you dont have to pay for even if its 20 minutes walk. Tell him you will be walking 40 minutes round trip in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Your manager keeps blocking the bog.

Advertisement