Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Milk Tray 530g

Options
  • 01-12-2019 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

Milk Tray 530g are €7.99 in Tesco at the moment supposed to be half price !! They were €7 in SuperValu on a Saturday a few weeks ago & since then they were €6 in SuperValu and I have even saw them €5 in a different shop.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Salary Negotiator

Should’ve bought them for a 5iver when you could.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

All because the lady loves?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭ebbsy

All because the lady loves?

A big bank balance.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

hillbloom wrote: »
    Milk Tray 530g are €7.99 in Tesco at the moment supposed to be half price !! They were €7 in SuperValu on a Saturday a few weeks ago & since then they were €6 in SuperValu and I have even saw them €5 in a different shop.
    Have you a question?
    Maybe you should have posted in the Time Machine forum

• Registered Users Posts: 16,878 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

What is your consumer issue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

Sleeper 12 I dont have an issue I would like someone to tell me why Tesco is calling this a good offer!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Moving this to Rip Off Ireland as that forum is more suited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Sleeper 12 I dont have an issue I would like someone to tell me why Tesco is calling this a good offer!!

Because they can cost over €14 in some shops - not many but some. Some online retailers have them for €12 plus postage.
    Good value in, but not exclusive to, Tesco
    Cadbury Milk Tray 530g
    Availability: 19
    Brand: Cadbury
    Product Code: CADB110
    Product viewed: 775

€11.99

• Registered Users Posts: 19,386 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I remember back in the 90s as a kid these were actually expensive and a very rare treat. What was seldom was wonderful, now the quality is poor but the prices lower to maximise corporate profits through volume

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

10 in supervalu now, reduced from 12.
    They have to be a certain price for a while before they declare a reduction.

https://shop.supervalu.ie/shopping/food-cupboard-boxed-chocolates-cadbury-milk-tray-530-grams-/p-1440867000
    Cadbury Milk Tray (530 Grams)
    €10.00 €18.87 per kg
    Usuals
    WAS 12.00, NOW 10.00, SAVE 2.00
    Valid: Dec 5th - Dec 11th

https://thecai.ie/your-rights/your-rights/pricing/
    Can retailers raise or lower their prices as they like?
    There is no legislation to prevent retailers from increasing their prices to take advantage of a special occasion or time of year. Equally, retailers may decide to reduce prices, but if they do so they must not give misleading or false information about the previous price charged. Businesses cannot claim that goods have been sold at a higher price and are now on sale for a lower price unless the goods were actually on sale at the higher price for a “reasonable period,” which is generally understood to be 28 days in the three months before the price reduction.

I used to think it was the last 28 days, rather than 28 days out of the last 3 months. So a typical trick is to simply stock something with just 1 or 2 on the shelf at a high price, knowing it will not sell, then make it available in bulk at a cheap price with a high quoted discount.

They are also 7.99 in tesco with no mention of it being an offer.

Another thread, another non-ripoff/non issue.

• Advertisement
Advertisement