Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Ripple Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

millhouse wrote: »
    Seems to be lots coming our of their labs. It's the up take from the long established financial institutions they need. Once that happens this could be anything. €10 is a possibility down the line.

I'll be shocked if it ever goes past $3 again.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭millhouse

To be honest I would bite your hand off for $3 but you have to hope. 😀😀😀

To be honest I would bite your hand off for $3 but you have to hope. ������

Be careful of whose advice you take regarding XRP/Ripple. Most of then XRP fanboys on YouTube etc are absolute lunatics and completely clueless.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭wonga77

I take most advice with a pinch of salt tbh, anyone that is really in the know is gonna keep the info for themselves and not be giving it away on reddit and the likes

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

el diablo wrote: »
    I'll be shocked if it ever goes past $3 again.

€3 from 10c is not a bad return

• Advertisement

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    €3 from 10c is not a bad return

True, but there's a hell of a lot of XRP fanboys who still believe their bankster token will go to $100, $589 or even $1,000+. These idiots have zero grasp on basic economics.

Is this the start of something wonderful, pretty sharp rise in past 48hrs.

• Advertisement

Reports of aliens knocking about, maybe its related

What's happening, out performing Bitcoin. Is this the rebirth of it all again?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭dashoonage

****ing moon lambos lads.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

What's happening, out performing Bitcoin. Is this the rebirth of it all again?

The best thing that can happen Ripple is that Bitcoin reaches ATH again.

The best thing that can happen Ripple is that Bitcoin reaches ATH again.

why so?

why so?

Money'll pour into ****coins such as XRP once BTC reaches its previous all time high. Newbies will see BTC as being too expensive and will see XRP at $0.50 and think it can "do a bitcoin". :pac: A lot of people have no clue about market cap, total supply etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Hopefully, but I wouldn't say it's a certainty. It does need the right conditions, and 2017 was perfect, lots of mainstream news stories as BTC hit 1k, 5k, 10k, and 20k in a year, culminating in a massive fomo frenzy by average joes into alts at the end of the year.

We'll see what happens this time around (if it happens), every bull run seems to be subtly different from previous

One thing though, people will be selling that flare/spark whatever it is.

We can also probably expect the Ripple Foundation to dump a sh1tload more XRP tokens onto the market as they've regularly done over the last few years.
    I'd be wary of getting onboard the XRP train after the recent pump.

el diablo wrote: »
    We can also probably expect the Ripple Foundation to dump a sh1tload more XRP tokens onto the market as they've regularly done over the last few years.
    I'd be wary of getting onboard the XRP train after the recent pump.

they have been doing that for years every month and all through 2020 and it still didnt have much an impact on the price

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭bingobars

Just anyone keep XRP in non custodial wallets or keep it all on exchanges???

I know wallet creation etc has a cost associated

In the ecosystem as a whole exchanges are far more common for XRP holdings right??

Anyway this is my interpretation on how Ripple can have these mad prices swings compared to BTC and ETH which people tend to keep off the exchanges (higher % anyway).

Thoughts

• Advertisement

bingobars wrote: »
    Just anyone keep XRP in non custodial wallets or keep it all on exchanges???

I know wallet creation etc has a cost associated

In the ecosystem as a whole exchanges are far more common for XRP holdings right??

Anyway this is my interpretation on how Ripple can have these mad prices swings compared to BTC and ETH which people tend to keep off the exchanges (higher % anyway).

Thoughts
    Don’t keep anything on an exchange

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭bingobars

Don’t keep anything on an exchange

Of course. I think XRP users are not that way inclined compared to holders of other coins and tokens as a comparison.

Say BNB for example. Sure that’s all kept on binance. Why not??

bingobars wrote: »
    Of course. I think XRP users are not that way inclined compared to holders of other coins and tokens as a comparison.

Say BNB for example. Sure that’s all kept on binance. Why not??

Not quite sure what you're saying here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,703 ✭✭✭endainoz

I use revolut to store xrp, is it safe for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

endainoz wrote: »
    I use revolut to store xrp, is it safe for that?

It's safe in a way that you actually don't own any XRP with revolut. You are just exposed to the prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Binance have announced they're supporting the Flare (Spark) airdrop.

Can someone explain the whole "free" flare thing. If you hold Xrp at a particular date and assuming you are on one of the exchanges listed do you simply get free flare?, how will it appear, how much do they give you. Is it a case you go to bed on a particular night and the following day you wake up and a category for flare has appeared on your exchange with a certain amount of credit. I'd imagine you'll have to have the Xrp at a particular date and then must hold onto the flare for a period of time. Holding some XRP currently so very curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

Can someone explain the whole "free" flare thing. If you hold Xrp at a particular date and assuming you are on one of the exchanges listed do you simply get free flare?, how will it appear, how much do they give you. Is it a case you go to bed on a particular night and the following day you wake up and a category for flare has appeared on your exchange with a certain amount of credit. I'd imagine you'll have to have the Xrp at a particular date and then must hold onto the flare for a period of time. Holding some XRP currently so very curious.

Have a read of the below article it goes through the distribution process.
    https://blog.flare.xyz/further-information-on-the-spark-token-distribution/

XLM going up which probably means XRP next
    Kraken and now Swipe supporting aswell

LFG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Ceo of moneygram was just on Cnn talking about ripple

Advertisement