Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I thought blue light was supposed to be blue?

• 08-05-2017 1:20pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 52 ✭✭

Is the light from TVs, phones and laptops the same blue light that's scattered by the air particles in the sky which makes the sky blue. How come it's not always blue. There's certainly blue used on the boards layout!

It's pretty hard to think of a way to unwind before bed that doesn't involve a laptop. My first thought was "oh I'll just watch some TV instead" and then of course I realised that's blue light too! At least it's further away from your eyes though?!

I guess I'll just have to read before bed.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 52 ✭✭FaceTurnedAway

yeah?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 83 ✭✭Epic Eir Epic

good question actually

• Registered Users Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Best thing to do if you want to unwind before bed is to read a book or a magazine. Worst thing you can do is watch TV or be on the internet and then go straight to bed as your brain is then not getting to rest. You should leave at least 30 mins to an hour between your electronic device and going to bed and this way it gives your brain the time to get into sleep mood and you should sleep much better.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 83 ✭✭Epic Eir Epic

AMKC wrote: »
    Best thing to do if you want to unwind before bed is to read a book or a magazine. Worst thing you can do is watch TV or be on the internet and then go straight to bed as your brain is then not getting to rest. You should leave at least 30 mins to an hour between your electronic device and going to bed and this way it gives your brain the time to get into sleep mood and you should sleep much better.
    We all know that. In fact the OP already said that. You're not answering the question of the thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 36 Leo Fatkar

AMKC wrote: »
    i agree

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭worded

Is so difficult not to use a smart phone beofre bed. I’m really bad, sometimes when I wake during the night and can’t go back to sleep I’m on the screen again ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

I'd be using my phone even after I'm in the bed and sleep like a log. I don't like the blue light filter at all as it makes everything too yellow looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

worded wrote: »
    Is so difficult not to use a smart phone beofre bed. I’m really bad, sometimes when I wake during the night and can’t go back to sleep I’m on the screen again ...

Don't bring it to bedroom. Get another alarm clock so you don't need to use phone for that. It's only a habit and habits can be broken. Was close to an addiction for me but broke away from it late at night

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 36 Leo Fatkar

Don't bring it to bedroom. Get another alarm clock so you don't need to use phone for that. It's only a habit and habits can be broken. Was close to an addiction for me but broke away from it late at night
    I hear you.

Advertisement