Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amazon prime day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,308 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Aye. Thanks but neither link seems to be working as per your post,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭Sappy404

That first link is apparently down. Was there a £10 voucher?

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭darconio

Not sure TBH could be I am able to see it because I am not a Prime member

To celebrate a day (and a half) of epic deals exclusively for Prime members, get £10 to spend during Prime Day. Just join today!

Join Prime by signing up for a monthly plan, you can cancel any time.
    We will send you an email confirming your £10 reward.
    We will notify you on the morning of Prime Day (16 July) to confirm that a £10 reward has been applied to your account. Once Prime Day starts (at noon), you will be able to spend your reward on eligible items at Amazon.co.uk.

Offer by invitation only to a limited group of customers. Terms and conditions apply, see below.
    Terms and Conditions

Join Amazon Prime on a monthly plan between 3rd - 11th July and receive a £10 promotional reward to spend on Prime Day ("the “Offer”).

From [08:01 BST on 3rd July 2018 until 23:59 BST on 11 July, 2018] (the "Offer Period") when you sign up to Amazon Prime on a monthly plan you will receive a £10 promotional reward (a "Promotional Reward") to spend on Qualifying Items between 12:00 BST on 16th July 2018 until 23:59 BST on 17th July, 2018 (the "Offer").
    The Offer is only available to those who are invited to participate in the Offer.
    The Offer is not available to those who sign up to Amazon Prime on an annual plan.
    The Offer only applies to items marked as dispatched from and sold by Amazon excluding baby formula, alcoholic drinks, digital products (Audible, Digital Documents, Digital Video Download, Digital Music Service, Digital EBook Purchase, Digital Software, Digital Video Games, Mobile Apps), gift cards (Gift Card, Gift Certificates, etc.) at the website www.amazon.co.uk ( "Qualifying Items"). The Offer does not apply to purchases made from Amazon US, Amazon's Warehouse Deals or from third-party sellers on Amazon Marketplace, even if "fulfilled by Amazon" or "Prime Eligible".
    Qualifying Items can be identified by the message "Dispatched from and sold by Amazon" or “Dispatched from and sold by Amazon EU Sarl” on the product detail page. Please note that items described as “Dispatched from and sold by Amazon US” are not eligible for this Offer.
    The Promotional Reward may only be redeemed by Amazon Prime members.
    Postage and packing will be applied to each item in accordance with Amazon's standard delivery rates and policies.
    Each customer may claim a maximum of one Offer. This Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional codes.
    Please note that the Promotional Reward will be automatically be applied to your account at 12:00 BST on 16th July 2018 and will be available to redeem until 23:59 BST on 17th July, 2018. It must be redeemed as part of your purchase during checkout for it to apply. When paying for an order with a Promotional Reward you will have to add any Qualifying Items to your Shopping Basket and complete your order via checkout. If you use our 1-Click ordering method, any Promotional Reward will not apply to your order.
    If your order value exceeds the value of the Promotional Reward, you must pay the balance either by credit or debit card, or by using Amazon.co.uk Gift Cards. Unlike Amazon.co.uk Gift Cards, you will not be able to view any unused Promotional Rewards in the Your Account section of www.amazon.co.uk.
    Promotional Rewards have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
    If you place an order using a Promotional Reward and then return that order, the Promotional Reward cannot be refunded or re-used.
    Unless otherwise specified on the landing page of the Offer or by Amazon:
    (i) Promotional Rewards cannot be used on existing orders; and
    (ii) only one Promotional Reward can be redeemed per order.
    Promotional Rewards cannot be used to purchase Amazon.co.uk Gift Cards, items sold by third party Sellers (including Warehouse Deals), digital products, baby and infant formula, against delivery costs, or against gift wrapping costs.
    The Offer is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or amended without notice. The Offer has no cash alternative.
    The Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold.

Amazon’s Conditions of Use and Sale apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭leex

Aye. Thanks but neither link seems to be working as per your post,

20% off worked for me. Got a nice discount on a drill. Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭Sappy404

darconio wrote: »
    Not sure TBH could be I am able to see it because I am not a Prime member

To celebrate a day (and a half) of epic deals exclusively for Prime members, get £10 to spend during Prime Day. Just join today!

Join Prime by signing up for a monthly plan, you can cancel any time.
    We will send you an email confirming your £10 reward.
    We will notify you on the morning of Prime Day (16 July) to confirm that a £10 reward has been applied to your account. Once Prime Day starts (at noon), you will be able to spend your reward on eligible items at Amazon.co.uk.

Offer by invitation only to a limited group of customers. Terms and conditions apply, see below.
    Terms and Conditions

Join Amazon Prime on a monthly plan between 3rd - 11th July and receive a £10 promotional reward to spend on Prime Day ("the “Offer”).

From [08:01 BST on 3rd July 2018 until 23:59 BST on 11 July, 2018] (the "Offer Period") when you sign up to Amazon Prime on a monthly plan you will receive a £10 promotional reward (a "Promotional Reward") to spend on Qualifying Items between 12:00 BST on 16th July 2018 until 23:59 BST on 17th July, 2018 (the "Offer").
    The Offer is only available to those who are invited to participate in the Offer.
    The Offer is not available to those who sign up to Amazon Prime on an annual plan.

There you go. Congrats on being one of the elite non-Prime members who got the invite! Nothing for me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,457 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Yes, so that link seems to work depending on which account you use.

- If I go to the above page while signed into the Amazon account I normally use, they I get the £10 voucher, but no free Prime for a month, so really it is worth only £2

- If I go with a very old Amazon account I have, the above link doesn't work, however with that account I can get prime membership free for one month, worth £8

- If I go to the above link while logged out, I don't see the offer at all, but could create a new amazon account with the free prime for one month.

If the above holds true for others, then this is really just a £2 voucher to get regular Amazon shoppers to try out Prime for a month and allow them access to the Prime day deals.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

bk wrote: »
    Yes, so that link seems to work depending on which account you use.

- If I go to the above page while signed into the Amazon account I normally use, they I get the £10 voucher, but no free Prime for a month, so really it is worth only £2

- If I go with a very old Amazon account I have, the above link doesn't work, however with that account I can get prime membership free for one month, worth £8

- If I go to the above link while logged out, I don't see the offer at all, but could create a new amazon account with the free prime for one month.

If the above holds true for others, then this is really just a £2 voucher to get regular Amazon shoppers to try out Prime for a month and allow them access to the Prime day deals.
    It tells me "try it for free" with the £10 offer, so it looks like it's a free £10.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,457 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

It tells me "try it for free" with the £10 offer, so it looks like it's a free £10.

Perhaps you have a long term account and never tried prime before? It doesn't look to be available to brand new accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

not available to me either, but i did have prime last christmas

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Perhaps you have a long term account and never tried prime before? It doesn't look to be available to brand new accounts.

I have two accounts like that, only one can do the offer. You had to get an email about it to be eligible, not sure of criteria!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

lots of cheap ATX motherboards available with the 20% off

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,135 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I used prime free trial before on my account a year or two ago and got an e-mail last week offering the £10 with a free trial. Think you just need to get the e-mail and you're good.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭nightrave

can you view the deals during the prime day? I don't want to start the trial now so the question is - will I be able to see the deals for prime members while not being one so I can start the trial during the prime day to grab it?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

nightrave wrote: »
    can you view the deals during the prime day? I don't want to start the trial now so the question is - will I be able to see the deals for prime members while not being one so I can start the trial during the prime day to grab it?

Your trial is for a month - Prime Day is next week. Take the trial now and then cancel after Prime Day or take it next week but don't forget to cancel.

nightrave wrote: »

Yes, these pop up all the time. The product prices says you need to be a Prime Member to get this product.

Here is a current example:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B071D58ZY5/ref=s9_acss_bw_cg_pd18uk_1a1_w?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-6&pf_rd_r=14QGW66EMJJZ7Z2TXKAX&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=597ea007-fe8e-409e-9157-bd4834193ce6&pf_rd_i=10157705031

At the top right hand side, where you normally click "buy" you should see:
    - Prime Exclusive Deal
    This deal is exclusively for Amazon Prime members.
    Join Prime

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DavyC2

That's a prime example :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Today's Prime Exclusive deal is 31% off Yi Cameras.

Picked up the Dashcam myself, very good reviews for such a cheap cam.

Rufu0Li.png

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Guys is it possible to pay for a full year upfront instead of monthly payments??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Guys is it possible to pay for a full year upfront instead of monthly payments??

Yes. This link should bring you to it: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/primecentral?ref_=ya_d_c_prime

On the left, under "Payment Options". Click on "Monthly (£7.99/month)

This should bring up a pop up window where you can select Annual.

MiskyBoyy wrote:
    This should bring up a pop up window where you can select Annual.

Thanks word is they may discount price on on prime day. Do you reckon that will happen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Think it was 15 pound off last year or something if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Replying to subscribe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Asus X540L wrote: »
    Replying to subscribe

You can follow the thread at the top which does the same thing.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,135 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Can already see some of the deals on countdown here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/b?ie=UTF8&node=10157705031

Only things that have caught my eye are a nintendo switch deal that will go active at noon and there will be a deal on the Blue Planet 2 4k Blu Ray later on in the day. Can't see what the actual discounts are yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭WolfSpinach

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-VivoBook-S410UA-BV134T-14-Inch-Laptop/dp/B078H7BYMH/ref=sr_1_13?m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1531739245&sr=1-13&refinements=p_6%3AA3P5ROKL5A1OLE&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

That seems good? My sister is looking for a new laptop, should I send this on?

Edit : Screen sounds terrible for a general purpose laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Yi 1080p IP65 Outdoor camera. £33 discount, coming in at £46.99

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0794TN8J5?tag=22

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Got the email this morning saying I had a £10 voucher and to input a code during checkout. When I try buy a echo , now down to £59.99 it wont take it - anyone else get to use theirs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭manonboard

I am going to buy this phone after lunch i think:

Would anyone in the know make a comment on it?
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Huawei-FullView-display-SIM-Free-Smartphone-Black/dp/B07BG7G1LQ

Im a little clueless on phones.
    Much appreciated :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement