Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Go-Ahead Dublin City Routes - Updates and Discussion

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I have no idea. Maybe it's something to do with part time and full time. But my colleagues and I went up considerably when we went on the 5 day.

Your pay must have went up considerably then as you don't gain tax credits, and no company can giFt them to you, they are set out by the government and implemented by Revenue.

It makes more sense that it's simply not a pro rata increase in basic pay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

CramCycle wrote: »
    Your pay must have went up considerably then as you don't gain tax credits, and no company can giFt them to you, they are set out by the government and implemented by Revenue.

It makes more sense that it's simply not a pro rata increase in basic pay.

€630 for a four day week and €860 for a five day week is the amount mentioned on the DB website

• Registered Users Posts: 8,299 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

GAI have their re-designed website up live on the web with links to the TFI Journey Planner.

https://www.goaheadireland.ie/

They also had Ed Wills up for an interview on East Coast FM this morning.

https://twitter.com/morningecfm/status/1063025926215229440

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Kh1993

DB have announced a whole host of new timetables (4, 16, 40e being the main ones) to start on 2nd December when the next tranche of buses move to Go Ahead.

Yet, as of yet, no information on Go Ahead and NTA’s websites of the timetables or details of 17a, 102, 33a/b yet. Fairly amateurish tbh.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Kh1993 wrote: »
    DB have announced a whole host of new timetables (4, 16, 40e being the main ones) to start on 2nd December when the next tranche of buses move to Go Ahead.

Yet, as of yet, no information on Go Ahead and NTA’s websites of the timetables or details of 17a, 102, 33a/b yet. Fairly amateurish tbh.

DB announced changes with only a few days notice when the last couple of batches of GoAhead services went live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Why what's the rush in seeing the timetable? Surely, a week - 10 days in advance is ample notice for commuters. There won't be dramatic changes to timetable. Hardly amateurish & a bit of an overreaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ax586

They are waiting for the call from the nta to realise it plus only drivers got there rotas for the north side routes today

It appears that the switchover of the last round of routes has been delayed until early Feburary according to Go-Aheads Twitter page.

ax586 wrote: »
    They are waiting for the call from the nta to realise it plus only drivers got there rotas for the north side routes today

Are the using the same drivers for the Northside routes as they are using for the Southside routes or is it a different set of drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Are the using the same drivers for the Northside routes as they are using for the Southside routes or is it a different set of drivers.

They are training lots of buses going around from old to new.

• Advertisement

They are training lots of buses going around from old to new.

Lots of DB buses coming out of the training school today in Phibsboro too. Have already started training the new recruits?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Lots of DB buses coming out of the training school today in Phibsboro too. Have already started training the new recruits?

There have been quite a few DB training buses on the driving test routes around Finglas over the last month.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ax586

Mix of both

There have been quite a few DB training buses on the driving test routes around Finglas over the last month.

How come if they're only recruiting now? Are they still training up the last batch of recruits?

How come if they're only recruiting now? Are they still training up the last batch of recruits?

No idea, possibly people who were still on their shortlist from the last time they recruited.

A Dublin Bus-branded artic truck has been going around Finglas too, presumably training mechanics for towing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭john boye

No idea, possibly people who were still on their shortlist from the last time they recruited.

A Dublin Bus-branded artic truck has been going around Finglas too, presumably training mechanics for towing.

I think they take the drivers out in that before they put them on the buses

john boye wrote: »

In a truck no....

That's just for mechanics.

Training buses are out in force across them all.

In a truck no....

Do they not new drivers out in something before they get to the buses? Maybe it's just a van actually now that I think of it

Do they not new drivers out in something before they get to the buses? Maybe it's just a van actually now that I think of it

Use to be a hiace, usually a car these days.

In a truck no....

DB must be one of a few companies that still do their towing in house although I don't see DB buses being towed much these days. I'd imagine Go-Ahead will use contractors for that. I also see Go-Ahead are looking for shunter for €12 an hour.

• Advertisement

DB must be one of a few companies that still do their towing in house although I don't see DB buses being towed much these days. I'd imagine Go-Ahead will use contractors for that. I also see Go-Ahead are looking for shunter for €12 an hour.

They have a tow truck for each garage.

It's better for them to do in house as they have the mechanics when they need them.

Many times they have also been called to assist gaurds with towing private coach or bus also.

DB must be one of a few companies that still do their towing in house although I don't see DB buses being towed much these days.

Depends where you are I guess. I was in Pearse St a lot during the summer and saw the Ringsend wagon out towing almost every day.

Depends where you are I guess. I was in Pearse St a lot during the summer and saw the Ringsend wagon out towing almost every day.

I rarely see the D/Brook wagon out whenever I pass by on the upper deck.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

Different licence categories, D required for bus, but can't be used on the truck. As others have said a car or van then onto the bus, sometimes it's straight out on the bus though.

Mechanics with C licence train on the truck.

GM228 wrote: »
    Different licence categories, D required for bus, but can't be used on the truck. As others have said a car or van then onto the bus, sometimes it's straight out on the bus though.

Mechanics with C licence train on the truck.

Out of interest, do mechanics need a D license to drive buses too or do they not need one as they're usually OOS?

Out of interest, do mechanics need a D license to drive buses too or do they not need one as they're usually OOS?

I would imagine so yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

If they are driving the bus in a public place then yes they need a D licence, actually having the passengers on board is irrelevant.

That's why db training buses were out even when there was no recruitment for nearly 5 years.
    Mechanics were still being trained in.

They don't need a CPC card, but they definitely need a D licence to take a bus out of the garage.

• Advertisement

If I were to be 21 again I definitely would have picked something different to do.

It's in no way an easy job and very mentally draining.

Advertisement