Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ Board €20.80 incl. delivery @ Arrow

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭FatBeard

Invoice is already received as part of email...

Do they also include the invoice in the parcel? Would it just be a case of saying to DSL. Open up the parcel, look at the invoice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

I think the issue is that shipping is zero on the invoice and revenue might not accept that China Post are not charging for postage when in fact it's "shipping included" rather than "zero shipping". Even worse it seems that they apply a rate of postage that is possibly 5 times that of the actual cost because that's the rate An Post might charge.

The fix is for Arrow to put in a shipping cost on the invoice and adjust the price of goods by that amount. Easier said than done though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Ten Pin wrote: »
    I think the issue is that shipping is zero on the invoice and revenue might not accept that China Post are not charging for postage when in fact it's "shipping included" rather than "zero shipping". Even worse it seems that they apply a rate of postage that is possibly 5 times that of the actual cost because that's the rate An Post might charge.

The fix is for Arrow to put in a shipping cost on the invoice and adjust the price of goods by that amount. Easier said than done though.

Are anyones arriving by China Post? That's weird if they are.

I know that DHL have their bullshítty volumetric calculator but the Pi would surely still be very cheap shipping using that.
    As mentioned, arrow should definitely have put the shipping on the outer invoice with the product cost.
    That shouls be all that is required to sort this.

It should be a case of showing DHL the total invoice for them to accept it.
    Somebody mentioned that Arrow have said something about taxes. It may be worth pointing out to them that no taxes were or are due on the item.
    Explain to them that the mistake is down to them not marking the shipping price on the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭FatBeard

How do DHL get in contact with you regards to paying the duty? Do they turn up at your door, email or phone you?

FatBeard wrote: »
    How do DHL get in contact with you regards to paying the duty? Do they turn up at your door, email or phone you?

For me it was turning up at door, then having to phone a very unobliging "We're right, you're wrong" woman.
    Sorted it with email by emailing them the invoices with contact from Arrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Fedex delivery today...on vehicle...does it mean no customs ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭tphase

Suckit wrote: »
    For me it was turning up at door, then having to phone a very unobliging "We're right, you're wrong" woman.
    Sorted it with email by emailing them the invoices with contact from Arrow.
    So DHL accepted the lower value and you paid nothing whatsoever to DHL? They told me they would accept the invoice value but it would cost €50 to change the value submitted to customs

Got the delivery from fedex....no charges/customs...thanks OP

Got the delivery from fedex....no charges/customs...thanks OP
    what value did Arrow put on the commercial invoice?

tphase wrote: »
    So DHL accepted the lower value and you paid nothing whatsoever to DHL? They told me they would accept the invoice value but it would cost €50 to change the value submitted to customs

Yes, but from a previous order, it wasn't as straight forward as that either. I think it took 2 painful days.
    DHL don't like delivering single parcels to individuals, and they're not a nice company to deal with.

• Advertisement

Yes, but from a previous order, it wasn't as straight forward as that either. I think it took 2 painful days.
    DHL don't like delivering single parcels to individuals, and they're not a nice company to deal with.
    yep DHL can be a pain to deal with :mad:
    what email address did you send the invoices to?

tphase wrote:

No invoice in box....or any value anywhere...email invoice had 24 usd...

yep DHL can be a pain to deal with :mad:
    what email address did you send the invoices to?

IE.VAT@dhl.com

From there I was put on to different people, I think this person sorted it in the end, although he/she wasn't very helpful either.
    Riin.Viilas@dhl.com

No invoice in box....or any value anywhere...email invoice had 24 usd...
    that's how you got away with it - mine had a value of $34.49 so I got stung

IE.VAT@dhl.com

From there I was put on to different people, I think this person sorted it in the end, although he/she wasn't very helpful either.
    Riin.Viilas@dhl.com
    thanks
    I've emailed them, I'll update when they get back to me

• Registered Users Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭Doge

I've had the same issue and talked to the same woman in DHL (she remembered you!)
    I emailed Arrow but, like you, I don't expect any joy. Probably suck it up and never deal with them again

Pun intended? :cool:

Just got an SMS that there's a customs charge of 21 euro on the package with the Pi Case and breadboard from DHL.

I have emailed the invoice to the email address Suckit provided and hopefully they will come clear the charge.

Pray4Doge!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

that's how you got away with it - mine had a value of $34.49 so I got stung

Is that amount on a DHL label or an Arrow label?

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭MiketheMechanic

Just got mine via FedEx. No additional charges. Thanks OP

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Is that amount on a DHL label or an Arrow label?
    on the commercial invoice printed by Arrow

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭bunderoon

Mine delivered to my workplace with DHL label. No charges.

Surprised at speed of delivery. Thought it would have been a week or more.

All good.

• Advertisement

DHL are having none of it.

To submit an amendment to customs your proof of purchase is needed a revised invoice is not acceptable.

There is also a €50 fee for the additional service.

Time to send both packages back I'd say..

Doge wrote: »
    DHL are having none of it.
    Quote:
    To submit an amendment to customs your proof of purchase is needed a revised invoice is not acceptable.

There is also a €50 fee for the additional service.
    Time to send both packages back I'd say..

I'd say the only way around this in future is to send DHL a copy of the invoice in advance so they can present that to customs.

That €50 fee is a taking the piss, though

go4it wrote: »
    Same here . Sent a return parcel email notice to ie.imports@dhl.com and i'll wait for arrow to reimburse me ( a week, a month..who knows? )

This is the email I used to contact DHL.

Just sent an email to the IE.VAT email suckit provided so hoping to get through to someone else this time.

Order from fedex as its looks like best option...avoid DHL...

Doge wrote: »
    This is the email I used to contact DHL.

Just sent an email to the IE.VAT email suckit provided so hoping to get through to someone else this time.

Seems like the ie.vat email was the one the rep contacted me back on so I've just sent her 2 emails essentially. :pac:

Told her the invoice i sent is the original and not revised in any way.

I also said I could email a PayPal receipt but still waiting to hear back.

How do I arrange for the shipment to be returned?

Do I need to contact arrow first?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ed1140

Got my pi and case yesterday from DHL, fast delivery, no charges

ed1140 wrote: »
    Got my pi and case yesterday from DHL, fast delivery, no charges

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

DHL looking for 21.33 customs.
    So i can pay this and get it refunded later?

DHL looking for 21.33 customs.
    So i can pay this and get it refunded later?
    no chance - I tried, DHL would not budge.
    Arrow put the incorrect amount on the commercial invoice, that's all DHL (and customs) have to go on so the charges are valid unfortunately. If you don't want to pay, send it back to Arrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

So all in it's €42.13 for this Pi.
    Is that a decent price all considered?

Thanks tphase

Advertisement