Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post, 10 Love (N) Stamps for €8

• 08-02-2018 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,991 ✭✭✭

Got a card in the door from an Post with a barcode for my local post office to buy a book of 10 Love Stamps for €8.

Personally I don't care what picture is on my stamps, these are N (national rate) that just so happen to have a heart and the word love on them.

They're available on irishstamps.ie too if you didn't get a card with a code! Oh and you can buy multiple books of them online.

Edit: Valid 8-13 February

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I guess these have no “use by” date, if they put the price up just buy the extra stamp.

How much is delivery of the books online (without going through the whole checkout process)?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

vicwatson wrote: »

How much is delivery of the books online (without going through the whole checkout process)?

They could just take a stamp out of your book and pop them in the post box for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,991 ✭✭✭Caranica

Delivery is €1 non registered and €7 registered. Would be worth registering if you were buying a load for a wedding but I've ordered stamps at Christmas (back in the days when postage wasn't prohibitively expensive) and never had a problem without registering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭animaal

I wonder if sales of stamps were lower than expected over Christmas, with the recent price increases, and this is to try and reverse the trend?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭unhappyBB

I guess these have no “use by” date, if they put the price up just buy the extra stamp.

As far as I know N stamps are always valid, even if the price goes up. As there's no value on the stamp you don't need to top up with other stamps. I imagine they sold an awful lot of these N's before the last price increase.

• Advertisement

animaal wrote: »
    I wonder if sales of stamps were lower than expected over Christmas, with the recent price increases, and this is to try and reverse the trend?

I’d say so, I for one sent only 25% of Christmas cards I used to simply because of the exorbitant increase

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭shnaek

I’d say so, I for one sent only 25% of Christmas cards I used to simply because of the exorbitant increase

It was the first year I sent no cards at all for the same reason.

shnaek wrote: »
    It was the first year I sent no cards at all for the same reason.

Shooting themselves in the foot

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

To save anyone from queueing fruitlessly, they won't sell you a book in a post office at the discounted rate without the barcode to scan. I was after ten or so books and it was implied even with a barcode it would only be applied to one book.
    Online it is so!

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

The staff at most post offices are very ignorant. Probably understandable when spending so much of their days handing out wads of cash "entitlements" to the entitled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,371 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

unhappyBB wrote: »
    As far as I know N stamps are always valid, even if the price goes up. As there's no value on the stamp you don't need to top up with other stamps. I imagine they sold an awful lot of these N's before the last price increase.

Yes, there was a big thread on this the last time it went up. Not only can N be used on normal letters but posters were saying they can be used in multiples on parcels.

So if you are a seller on ebay you could put 10N stamps on a parcel to get a €10 value. And if they increase the price of posting a letter to €2.00 but did not increase the parcels you can put on just 5N stamps. I reckon it is more likely to go the other way, the N will remain €1 and parcels may go up in price.

As the increase was so dramatic the last time I cannot see it going up again too soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

An Post out of stock on stamps - are they having a laugh!

http://www.irishstamps.ie/shop/c-249-love-and-marriage-2018.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Back in stock...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

stevire wrote: »

Back in stock...
    haha I was getting my order in before I updated the thread! I just spend €192 on stamps, figured we only needed 210 stamps for invites and thank you's but free delivery over €190 meant I got upsold as final 30 stamps were €17 :-p

Arrived today, good deal op

• Registered Users Posts: 9,991 ✭✭✭Caranica

An Post have a pop up booth on the ground floor of Jervis shopping centre and you can buy the 8/10 there. Wonder if they're in other centres too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

The staff at most post offices are very ignorant. Probably understandable when spending so much of their days handing out wads of cash "entitlements" to the entitled.

such a sweeping generalisation.have you been in most post offices so you have?
    anytime ive been in any they have been very nice if not buisness like.

maybe you are one of the entitled perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

Is this still available online? The discount is not showing up for me

timple23 wrote: »

Valid 8-13 feb so should still be there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

Chose the booklet with Product Id: 1803BK, went as far as entering card details, total was 11. Looks like it is over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

timple23 wrote: »

It ended at 5pm today, remember seeing that somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

animaal wrote: »

An post don't need loss making letter post. They are concentrating on small parcels and direct mail. They are market leaders in both.

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

haha I was getting my order in before I updated the thread! I just spend €192 on stamps, figured we only needed 210 stamps for invites and thank you's but free delivery over €190 meant I got upsold as final 30 stamps were €17 :-p

If I was spending that much on postage, I would have checked what it would from elsewhere in Europe.
    I can't remember exactly where I saw it but it was a good bit cheaper sending post from Holland, bit late you though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

If I was spending that much on postage, I would have checked what it would from elsewhere in Europe.
    I can't remember exactly where I saw it but it was a good bit cheaper sending post from Holland, bit late you though.

Its definitely not the Netherlands - their rates are horrendous. Over €2 for standard 50g letter to eu. Even within the country its about €1.40

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

Moody_mona wrote: »

Also a varient on the love heart - SKU19BOOK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Ordered 5 books. Thanks OP

OmegaGene wrote: »
    The picture on the stamps doesn’t matter to me once it’s a bit cheaper, time to get a few books for Christmas
    Cheers

Yeh. It might matter to some for weddings and Dat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

When the stamps were I think 75c, I purchased a few sheets of N stamps just before they went up to €1. I am still using them today.

• Advertisement

When the stamps were I think 75c, I purchased a few sheets of N stamps just before they went up to €1. I am still using them today.

Congratulations

Advertisement