Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Zwan

Options
  • 25-01-2003 6:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭

So what do you guys think of Billy Corgans new band?

I've heard a few live bootlegs and their promo 'Honestly' and they're sounding better than I probably had hoped. 'Honestly' is a very happy, upbeat (and un-pumpkins) tune and it seems that Corgan has finally gotten a sense of humour when it comes to his art.

Admittedly It's early days but whats peoples opinions of Zwan so far?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i saw the video on Gonzo today and i must say that i really like the song

BTW who's the bass player, she is fairly fine :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Her name is Paz Lenchantin. She used to play with A Perfect Circle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

so far im pretty impressed with zwan.
    there is still a pumpkins sound as far as i can see but its definitely more melodic and it even sounds as if billy is actually trying to sing and not growl :eek: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Yea, I was a bit worried when I heard the very early Zwan demos/bootlegs.

I'm quite optimistic about the album now though :]

roll on february 10th..... :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

****ing loven it, can't wait for the album, feels great just to know that great music is around the corner to enjoy.

As for honestly, great song.. feel good song, makes me happy in any mood.. couldnt be better.

Again.. Can't wait.

its just a sham ethat the europen release date was set back to feb 10th, we could already have it by now :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I have to say, I heard the song 'Ride A Black Swan' and I'm disgusted. Maybe it's just a crap song, but it's like the whole thing is on a 10 second loop, and it has the most annoying, repetitive lyrics I've heard.

I'm extremely dissapointed.

Give me The Pumpkins, or A Perfect Circle any day over this tripe.
    Jesus, Billy... Where'd it all go wrong!?

well to be honest ive only heard 'honestly' and i was quite impressed, especially as i expected them to be sh1te after the brilliance of the pumpkins

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Well AW, that's just one song... maybe try listening to a few others before asking Billy "Where did it all go wrong?!" :]

Having said that, the album may well turn out to be complete scutter :[

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Pep

the albums getting great reviews everywhere cant wait till its out

I listened to most of the album today.
    And I hate it.

Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

heh, sorry for off topicness. In Greece; Zwan is a brand name for spam meat! It's quite funny to hear of a band called Zwan in Greece I'm sure. heh.

Sorry to bother.

Originally posted by Gordon
    Sorry to bother.

I like you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Galvatron

In the video for honestly Billy Corgan smiles its being years since that happened !

Advertisement