Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fitbit Charge 3

• 06-01-2019 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭

Bought fitbit charge 3 from Dixons at Dublin Airport for €119, regular price €149

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

Biggest heap of ****e I ever bought

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

keano25 wrote: »
    Biggest heap of ****e I ever bought

Ha ha brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭wandererz

Bought this for my wife & gave her the opportunity to select other Fitbits or other manufacturers.

She stuck to the Charge 3.

It seems that there is a problem with them whereby they lose connectivity to the phone.
    They then need their cache/memory cleared via the watch display.
    Once done it's back to normal operations (until next week).

My suggestion is to clear the cache on the phone every 5 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

Ya got one for myself and herself. Both keep getting black screen.. have to hard reset everytime.. very annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

I gave my one back after numerous faults with it, I got a Garmin one now instead so far so good. I don’t think I’ll ever get a Fitbit again, screen issues, connection, the strap.... only had it a week or two and it was faulty

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Any time I get a sync issue, I restart the app on the phone seems to fix it.

Fairly annoying considering they are not exactly cheap either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Reati

TallGlass wrote: »
    Any time I get a sync issue, I restart the app on the phone seems to fix it.

Fairly annoying considering they are not exactly cheap either.

Yeah, I've seen the sync issue myself and a reboot of the phone fixes it. It's a bit strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cionn

I had one of their other devices, after 7 replacements I gave up. It looked great but I was unreasonable an wanted it to work

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

I had a charge 2 for a year and got a charge 3 this Christmas and both have worked fine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭buster180

Bought one myself on Saturday, worked great first two days.
    Went to work on Monday and as I was sitting at my desk working away after two hours I got a notification that I had done 5000 steps, I would have been lucky if I did over 600 from getting out of bed into the car and into the office. By the end of the day I had over 10.000 in work alone.
    Brought it back yesterday to DID and got a replacement, all was working well until this morning and the same happened again currently have over 7500 steps from sitting at a desk!
    Stay well clear from them.
    Oh and as for the Fitbit customer service. One of the most ignorant bunch of Ba@@ards I have ever dealt with

• Advertisement

buster180 wrote: »
    Oh and as for the Fitbit customer service. One of the most ignorant bunch of Ba@@ards I have ever dealt with

They're probably sick of dealing with all of the issues from their shoddy devices.

I bought someone a Fitbit a year or two ago (against my advice, told them they should be getting a Garmin). They had to return it twice, I think the third time it broke they just cut their losses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Customer service are a joke tbh. My gf had one aswel, her one was replaced twice but unlike mine the 2nd time her one lasted a bit longer, 5 days in fact last warranty and customer service couldn’t do anything about it!

All they could offer me was 5% off there website, when I said they are actually 10-15% cheaper in my local shops they said have a think about it and hung up.

Stay clear of Fitbit!

CrapBit more like
    Went to work on Monday and as I was sitting at my desk working away after two hours I got a notification that I had done 5000 steps, I would have been lucky if I did over 600 from getting out of bed into the car and into the office. By the end of the day I had over 10.000 in work alone.
    Brought it back yesterday to DID and got a replacement, all was working well until this morning and the same happened again currently have over 7500 steps from sitting at a desk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

CS. Must be gone down hill. They replaced my strap handy enoght. Just took pictures and sent receipt. Was replaced.

GF got Charge 3 and seems to be alright. My Blaze is going strong 2 years now and the scales seems alright I suppose.

If I was getting another I would maybe try Garmin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

I had a Charge as well, same issues - connectivity and syncing was sh*te so I sent it back.

Have you changed the setting on the app from dominant hand to non-dominant? Or vice versa?

wandererz wrote: »
    Have you changed the setting on the app from dominant hand to non-dominant? Or vice versa?

Yep tried everything. A Complete waste of time and money

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Had a Charge 2 and some other one before that. Both junk. Straps break too easy and always losing connection to the phone, will drive you nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Seanieke

I can tell you the Versa is no better. Her indoors has had nothing but trouble with her one plus replacements (says it all)

That's the point...it only keeps you a bit fit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭animaal

Not to deny the other experiences on this thread, but to provide balance -

I had a Charge2 until relatively recently. The strap started to deteriorate shortly after I bought it, but a replacement was posted out quickly when I sent them a picture of it. Since then no problem.

I replaced it with a Charge3 a month or so ago, and it's been working fine. The improvements are small, but I'm happy with it.

• Advertisement

Brought the watch back today and got a refund. It counted over 16000 steps while sitting at my desk in work on Friday.
    Also while driving to the shop today I had the watch on the passenger seat it counted 257 steps!!

Went and bought a Garmin Vivosmart 3 in Argos for €82, happy enough with it so far.

That Fitbit was the worst thing I have ever bought and I have bought some rubbish in my time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I have an Apple Watch myself but my wife and sister in-law have the Alta hr with no issues. My brother in law has the charge 2 with no issues. Their theee sons have the charge 3. Also zero issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Just for balance, I have a Charge 2, wife has an Alta HR, daughter an Alta. We all love them to bits.

None of them have given any problems, apart from having to change straps maybe every 12 months or so and the odd scrtach here and there on face, which are very hard to remove.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I’ve a Charge 3 and so does my wife and they have always worked great.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭instinct

Went and bought a Garmin Vivosmart 3 in Argos for €82, happy enough with it so far.

Dont suppose you have a link. They showing €129 at the moment.

Thanks

instinct wrote: »
    Dont suppose you have a link. They showing €129 at the moment.

Thanks

Black small/med is €82 direct through Garmin. No idea if they charge shipping.

https://buy.garmin.com/en-IE/GB/p/567813/pn/010-01755-00#

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭randombar

Any recommendations for a similar product from AliExpress?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,066 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Fraction of the costs of a Fitbit. Does steps, heart rate monitoring etc. Hasnt missed a beat for me! :pac:

Battery lasts almost 2 weeks as well!

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/312359637231

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

GaryCocs wrote: »
    Any recommendations for a similar product from AliExpress?

Mi band 3 is excellent. App is also very good. Price from Banggood or Gearbest is between $23 - $32 or you can purchase in a Three store here.

Advertisement