Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 3a €249 on Vodafone (In Stock!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

For anyone who ordered one, here's the best way to track it.
    Wait 24 hours after the order is placed on Vodafone's website.

1. Go here: https://www.vodafone.ie/df/assistance/track/index.jsp
    2. Paste in your Vodafone order number (starts with "o")
    3. Copy your "Order Number" from this page. It will be a different numerical one, just to the left of "ATG Order".
    4. Go here: http://www.fonua.com/orderstatus
    5. Paste the FONUA order number from step 3.

Thanks for that. I've been waiting 4 business days on mine. This shows it has shipped my local hub so I guess it's just held up with all that's going on at the minute.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Just bought one for 179.99 and qualify now for the cash-back too. Bargain at €130!

Can someone go through the process for a dullard like me, I currently have a crap phone with gomo 10 euro a month offer

1. I buy this phone
    2. Do I select keep existing or use new number when buying
    3. Do I need to buy a new vodafone sim to keep discounts or do I just select new number when buying and buy it with a vodafone sim? If so then am I tied into Vodafone contract? Can I claim the vodafone discount of 100 EUR without getting tied into a vodafone contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭JohnnyChimpo

donfers wrote: »
    Can someone go through the process for a dullard like me, I currently have a crap phone with gomo 10 euro a month offer

1. I buy this phone
    2. Do I select keep existing or use new number when buying
    3. Do I need to buy a new vodafone sim to keep discounts or do I just select new number when buying and buy it with a vodafone sim? If so then am I tied into Vodafone contract? Can I claim the vodafone discount of 100 EUR without getting tied into a vodafone contract?

first, you need to order a free sim off Eir (why Eir? because they'll post you out a free sim in a couple of days, you just need this as a "dummy" number)

then, when you select the phone to buy you pick the option that says you're switching number and enter the "dummy" number so that Vodafone thinks you're switching to their network, this applies the 100 euro discount, so when it comes to checkout you should see a total of €180. do not proceed to purchase if it still says €280, you've done something wrong!

phone is not locked to vodafone or any other network, so once it arrives you bang in your GoMo sim and you're good to go

then afterwards, you reclaim the extra €50 bucks from Google using the advice in the last few pages here (you'll need the IMEI number which comes with the physical phone). total cost of phone is €280-100-50=€130

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭wingnut

I needed a phone in a hurry for the wife (kid smasehd it) so I went in store as I rang and they had one left. He asked me my number on I got my port code but I didn't realise they don't accept Lycamobile for the discount. I'm kicking myself as if I had known I would have got a different provider. I said I'll go to three and get a sim and they were like 'it has to be active for 2 months' which is total BS as they have no way of checking that.

I could have gone online yadya but I was in a bind so I had to shell out the €100 extra as I didn't want to be going here are there in the current climate. He was like 'you need a sim' I told him no he was like 'well you will only be able to use it on wifi'. I'm like whatever because I know they are not locked to VF (which is true).

Applied for the 50 cashback and got confirmation in like 2 minutes last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭positron

For anyone who ordered one, here's the best way to track it.
    Wait 24 hours after the order is placed on Vodafone's website.

1. Go here: https://www.vodafone.ie/df/assistance/track/index.jsp
    2. Paste in your Vodafone order number (starts with "o")
    3. Copy your "Order Number" from this page. It will be a different numerical one, just to the left of "ATG Order".
    4. Go here: http://www.fonua.com/orderstatus
    5. Paste the FONUA order number from step 3.

Thanks for this. Ordered yesterday (Wednesday) and FONUA shows it's with AnPost at the moment, so if all goes to plan it should be here tomorrow.

Great bargain, thank you Lord Spence and everyone else contributing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Got the cash back today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Mine's dispatched. Oh the buzz!!!

Moving from iOS to Android after around 9 years of iPhone.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Scarlet42

phone arrived today ... daughter is delighted! .. now to claim the cash back!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

FYI: 3A XL porting discount has gone from 100 down to 50 euro (plus the cashback in March). 3A is still at 100 porting discount (for the moment!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Looks like this offers is no longer the same and both white and black are OOS.

Vodafone have changed site layout which requires you to sign up to a recurring monthly top up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 kathy0810

Ordered the White Pixel 3A on Monday, received no email confirmation or order number but money gone from my account. Only email I received was one from Vodafone to sign up to my new Vodafone account, and when I log in there I can see there was an order that is 'OPEN' but the order number does not begin with an 'O' so it is not a valid order number. Been on to Vodafone support 3 times since without any satisfaction, they said the order is ''stuck'' and therefore they can't give me an information about it or cancel the order for me. Anyone else in a similar position?

kathy0810 wrote: »
    Ordered the White Pixel 3A on Monday, received no email confirmation or order number but money gone from my account. Only email I received was one from Vodafone to sign up to my new Vodafone account, and when I log in there I can see there was an order that is 'OPEN' but the order number does not begin with an 'O' so it is not a valid order number. Been on to Vodafone support 3 times since without any satisfaction, they said the order is ''stuck'' and therefore they can't give me an information about it or cancel the order for me. Anyone else in a similar position?

Exact same with a family member, on Monday as well.
    They went back on Wednesday and ordered a Black 3A and it was delivered this morning.

Money for the white one on Monday still pending to VF but gone from account.
    I'd say it'll be canceled.

rizzee wrote: »
    Exact same with a family member, on Monday as well.
    They went back on Wednesday and ordered a Black 3A and it was delivered this morning.

Money for the white one on Monday still pending to VF but gone from account.
    I'd say it'll be canceled.

Glad it wasn't just me! That was my theory too, that white was out of stock so now I'm stuck in limbo until they cancel it. Was going to order the Black but looks like it's out of stock now too. Thanks for the reply, I'll keep an eye to see if the black comes back in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Got the €50 in the bank today, validated the 9th.

Seven Worlds will Collide

Glad it wasn't just me! That was my theory too, that white was out of stock so now I'm stuck in limbo until they cancel it. Was going to order the Black but looks like it's out of stock now too. Thanks for the reply, I'll keep an eye to see if the black comes back in stock.

Have you contacted them since? Hopefully if a white one pops into stock they might push ahead with the order!! Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

Got the phone today to replace an s8 with a bad battery.

It's not a great phone.

Surprised how bad it is actually.

Switched back to my s8 after an hour.

eoinf wrote: »
    Got the phone today to replace an s8 with a bad battery.

It's not a great phone.

Surprised how bad it is actually.

Switched back to my s8 after an hour.

What makes it bad, in your opinion? After being an owner of a number of Galaxy S models including the 8 , 9 and 10e, I fail to see "how bad it is" compared...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

What makes it bad, in your opinion? After being an owner of a number of Galaxy S models including the 8 , 9 and 10e, I fail to see "how bad it is" compared...

Screen isn't great and the non curved edge is difficult to move away from.

Build quality is questionable.

Wasn't a fan of the UI or version of Android.

Just felt a poor quality phone in the hand.

Currently researching swapping out the battery on my s8. If I can get that up to over a day of usage I'll be happy.

Anyway one for sale for 130 (which will recoup my costs) if anyone wants one.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Rewired

Got the €50 in the bank today, validated the 9th.
    Same

Have you contacted them since? Hopefully if a white one pops into stock they might push ahead with the order!! Fingers crossed.

I went into a Vodafone store and they had the Pixel 3A in stock in black, so got that last night. Then logged into my Vodafone account and tried to cancel the order for the white one in the 'My Orders' window. Checked today and the money has gone back into my account! The staff in the Vodafone store last night said that support should be able to cancel the order easily but after nearly 2hours on both the chat and phone support yesterday no one was able to cancel my order, so I'd recommend trying to do it yourself if possible! It's possible the order will come through eventually but I was sick of dealing with them after yesterday so wanted it done asap.

• Advertisement

I went into a Vodafone store and they had the Pixel 3A in stock in black, so got that last night. Then logged into my Vodafone account and tried to cancel the order for the white one in the 'My Orders' window. Checked today and the money has gone back into my account! The staff in the Vodafone store last night said that support should be able to cancel the order easily but after nearly 2hours on both the chat and phone support yesterday no one was able to cancel my order, so I'd recommend trying to do it yourself if possible! It's possible the order will come through eventually but I was sick of dealing with them after yesterday so wanted it done asap.

Great, glad you got sorted!

I'll pass the info on, thanks!!

Great, glad you got sorted!

I'll pass the info on, thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭A1404

eoinf wrote: »
    Screen isn't great and the non curved edge is difficult to move away from.

Build quality is questionable.

Wasn't a fan of the UI or version of Android.

Just felt a poor quality phone in the hand.

Currently researching swapping out the battery on my s8. If I can get that up to over a day of usage I'll be happy.

Anyway one for sale for 130 (which will recoup my costs) if anyone wants one.

Hi

I'll be happy to take it off you if you selling it.

Thanks

My partner ordered one Thursday. Website seems to have changed a lot in a week! Anyone order one in the last few days?

No more order starting with an "o".

• Registered Users Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

My partner ordered one Thursday. Website seems to have changed a lot in a week! Anyone order one in the last few days?

No more order starting with an "o".

I just ordered one also. The website had changed and didn't show the 50 cashback but the claim link is still valid and the conditions to claim are still purchases up until the end of march, even if Vodafone aren't advertising it.

Yeah I managed to get a white one on Thursday when it showed as "in stock" so fingers crossed. The order status has changed not a few times as well so hopefully it goes smoothly...

Also got no email / order confirmation. So I saved the final order page as PDF just in-case - but that has no date on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭positron

Black Pixel 3A ordered on Thursday was delivered today. Nice phone, great form factor. I have created the €50 claim request, fingers crossed.

I see Vodafone has changed their site a lot, and now you have to select a plan (minimum €20) with the phone? Decent phone even at €150.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

positron wrote: »
    Black Pixel 3A ordered on Thursday was delivered today. Nice phone, great form factor. I have created the €50 claim request, fingers crossed.

I see Vodafone has changed their site a lot, and now you have to select a plan (minimum €20) with the phone? Decent phone even at €150.

yes but if you choose their 20 euro pay as you go plan then will the SIM be locked to Vodafone and they will probably charge another fee to unlock it ?

Yeah I managed to get a white one on Thursday when it showed as "in stock" so fingers crossed. The order status has changed not a few times as well so hopefully it goes smoothly...

Also got no email / order confirmation. So I saved the final order page as PDF just in-case - but that has no date on it.

Same here, but since last Monday. Going to wait for it to be automatically cancelled, if not, holding out for the order to be fulfilled.
    donfers wrote: »
    yes but if you choose their 20 euro pay as you go plan then will the SIM be locked to Vodafone and they will probably charge another fee to unlock it ?

Where are you getting that from? They are sim free.

• Advertisement

Logged into my Vodafone and I have an An Post tracking number now for my order. And says "Awaiting pickup".

The ordering system has 100% changed anyway. No more tracking via FONUA.

Advertisement