Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Icon not showing in Google

• 01-03-2021 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

I have two websites. One is simply a sub-domain of the other. Each are on their own Wordpress installation.

One shows the logo icon in mobile search results but the other does not. I cant understand why.

here's an example of a page that does (main website): Spark SEO
    Google 'Spark SEO' on mobile to see the icon appear

here's just one example of a page that does not (sub domain): Spark SEO Bray
    Google 'Spark SEO Bray' on mobile to see the icon.. not appear on mobile.

I have no idea what to change or fix on the site to remedy this.

Cheers,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭MouseMan01

So your last visit from the Google crawler indexed the domain and subdomain at 16 Feb 2021 07:18:17 and both domains show up in the Google Desktop search cache with the spark logo.

My first thoughts were that the mobile site is using an old/cached version of the site from that date. However, Google doesn't use a separate mobile index so that's out.

To offer a solution to your issue. If i was you, I'd wait for the next Google crawl to index your site and see whether that fixes it. You can help things along by using Google Search Console to get Google to do a crawl of your site.

Alternatively, use the sitemap from the WordPress, Yoast plugin and submit it to Google Search Console for a more comprehensive indexing. Since you are in the SEO space, I presume you are familiar with Yoast.

If the indexing doesn't work, then check back here and we can have another look...

Advertisement