Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone had a Covid 19 vaccine yet? - poll added 02/05

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,113 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Got AZ last Thursday, doing fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Yes - J&J
    My mother got her first today (AZ). I got my first 11 days ago (Pfizer).

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭myfreespirit

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Had my first AstraZeneca jab on Saturday, had no side effects worth talking about, just a little nausea on Sunday and again on Monday. Absolutely delighted to have received it and looking forward to the 'vaccine bonus'.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭lastusername

Anyone concerned about the potential long term effects considering the vaccines have not been officially approved by any agency?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Yes - Moderna second jab
    Anyone concerned about the potential long term effects considering the vaccines have not been officially approved by any agency?

No.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭higster

Yes - Moderna first jab

No

• Registered Users Posts: 18 PCKN

Registered last Thursday (57) and loads I know got texts for appointments ...I know its not even a week since I registered but have many people got appointments that registered last week. Am in Dublin North - probably would be going to Croke Park or Helix. Am anxiously waiting, anyone else in same boat!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Yes - Moderna first jab
    PCKN wrote: »
    Registered last Thursday (57) and loads I know got texts for appointments ...I know its not even a week since I registered but have many people got appointments that registered last week. Am in Dublin North - probably would be going to Croke Park or Helix. Am anxiously waiting, anyone else in same boat!!

Over two weeks since registered and no appointment here yet.

No.

Why not? You don’t question or look into an experimental vaccine being given to healthy people?

I’m not saying I won’t take it, but I’m looking into it before I have someone inject it into me for a virus with a tiny mortality rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Jane1012

Yes - J&J

My parents registered 19th April and 25th April (65 and 61). They live in the north inner city, dad got his vaccine on Sunday 9th in croke park and my mam has her appointment in the helix tomorrow. 20 days from registering to vaccination for my dad and 17 for my mam. I’m in North Dublin suburbs and I’ve heard of plenty getting it much quicker though. It seems to be a postcode lottery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭VanHalen

Registered 27th of April got text re appointment on the 5th of May. Appointment was for Sunday 9th of May in the Helix.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,530 ✭✭✭Allinall

Have all the vaccines available here not been approved by the European Medicines Agency?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Why not? You don’t question or look into an experimental vaccine being given to healthy people?

It wouldn't do much good if it was given to sick people would it?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Yes - J&J
    Just had my first Pfizer, such a happy atmosphere in the GP , quite different to the normal sombre mood. Life begins again, whohoo!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Supercell wrote: »
    Just had my first Pfizer, such a happy atmosphere in the GP , quite different to the normal sombre mood. Life begins again, whohoo!

Brilliant ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭PmMeUrDogs

Yes - J&J

My father is north Dublin, 58, it took 5 days from registration to get an appointment so I'd imagine you'll hear shortly. His appointment is next week I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I’m not saying I won’t take it, but I’m looking into it before I have someone inject it into me for a virus with a tiny mortality rate.

Mod

This discussion does not belong in this thread. Take it to the main vaccine thread if you wish to continue.

This one has a fairly specific remit around whether people have had the vaccine yet.

Baggly wrote: »
    Mod

This discussion does not belong in this thread. Take it to the main vaccine thread if you wish to continue.

This one has a fairly specific remit around whether people have had the vaccine yet.

Yep agreed, shall do!

Yes - J&J
    Did anyone who got their jab from their GP get any cert/record card?
    The booklet I got after the jab by the practice nurse says to retain the "record card" in bold but I wasnt wearing my glasses at the time so it was all a blur. I just got a sheet of paper with my next appointment date on it with no mention of vaccine.
    Just concerned about travelling later on if i'm asked for proof of vaccination, should I ask them next time for one or perhaps they only give them the second time?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Yes - J&J
    Supercell wrote:
    Did anyone who got their jab from their GP get any cert/record card? The booklet I got after the jab by the practice nurse says to retain the "record card" in bold but I wasnt wearing my glasses at the time so it was all a blur. I just got a sheet of paper with my next appointment date on it with no mention of vaccine. Just concerned about travelling later on if i'm asked for proof of vaccination, should I ask them next time for one or perhaps they only give them the second time?

I got a little card with name, date and batch # of first vaccine and date for second vaccine with space to fill in relevant details when I get the second jab

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,071 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Supercell wrote: »
    Did anyone who got their jab from their GP get any cert/record card?
    The booklet I got after the jab by the practice nurse says to retain the "record card" in bold but I wasnt wearing my glasses at the time so it was all a blur. I just got a sheet of paper with my next appointment date on it with no mention of vaccine.
    Just concerned about travelling later on if i'm asked for proof of vaccination, should I ask them next time for one or perhaps they only give them the second time?

Lots of GPs are giving them with the second dose .My sister asked and he said too many arrive without it and so they hold them there until they are done .

Yes - J&J
    iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Lots of GPs are giving them with the second dose .My sister asked and he said too many arrive without it and so they hold them there until they are done .

Grand thanks, will see what happens in 28 days so :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Seems to be moving slightly faster in some parts of Dublin than others, from what I'm hearing.
    I know someone who was waiting, (North Dublin too afaik) and others, younger, were done and dusted in a different area.

Hope it comes through soon for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭PMBC

Yes - Moderna second jab
    Mod - please re-direct if in wrong thread
    Anyone have the numbers up to date?
    AFAIK we are at about 1.8 m and to reach 80% by end June need to do another 1.4 m which is about 230 k per week. But Im reading figures of 450k per week need to be done soon so dont know what the correct number is.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭emrys

Yes - J&J
    PMBC wrote: »
    AFAIK we are at about 1.8 m and to reach 80% by end June need to do another 1.4 m which is about 230 k per week. But Im reading figures of 450k per week need to be done soon so dont know what the correct number is.

have you accounted for the 2nd doses? only 1.347 m first doses so far. to reach 80% of 16 + is 1.773 m more first does required by june 30th and probably 550k 2nd doses at least in same period which presuming we stay circa 250k a week in may would account for the c.400-450k per week june number

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Bicyclette

Yes - Pfizer first jab
    PMBC wrote: »

I will be getting my second dose of Moderna in early June. As will others. You can only have a 4 week gap between the mRNA vaccines. Anyone who receives an mRNA vaccine in May will have another one in June.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Just got my appointment for tomorrow.:):)

Registered on 25th April.

Yipee!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,113 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Yes - Moderna first jab
    The Johnson one shot will be widely used in June TMK. That will shove up numbers very quickly. I won't fret if the 80% mark is a week or two later but hopefully not.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 PCKN

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    Just got my appointment for tomorrow.:):)

Registered on 25th April.

Yipee!!!!!!!
    :)

• Advertisement

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Had my AZ last Wednesday. So sick on Thursday - headache, weakness, dizzy. Cond't eat. Not full recovery until Sunday!

Advertisement