Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

List of Irish and EU clothing websites

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Ogham wrote: »
    I wouldn't be so sure about M&S yet. You could get hit for duty on orders over €150. They don't include it at checkout. But I did see that their website is due to be out of action Saturday night for an "upgrade" - so maybe they are sorting that out.

I ordered from M&S 10 days ago and was only charged with Irish VAT; their system appears to be streamlined to accommodate Irish customers via the IE domain.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I placed a Next order earlier this month and half of it came from Belfast and the other half came from England.

Well I think they don't need to physically send them from EU but they have shops here and they declare transfers (I don't know the exact procedures). Curry's were in the news lately because they messed it up and changed customs by mistake for purchases from their ie website.

Who ever you are buying from you will have to check their policies. Bigger sellers will more likely have something in place to avoid customs. Btw I bought something from Arket (Swedish company) and it came from UK in January.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I'm so disappointed to hear about Bravissimo Belfast, I had literally been planning a trip up as soon as it was allowed! Asos actually has a decent selection of bras.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

For women’s sports gear, Queen B Athletics are fab (Cork company).

Rainbow Kids Boutique (Dublin company) do ethical women’s clothes as well. Mainly EU like Alba, Tranquillo, Blutsgeschwister.

We got a M&S delivery today and no issues with customs etc. It all came from the U.K. with customs labels applied. Four different packages for five items!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,334 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I placed a Next order earlier this month and half of it came from Belfast and the other half came from England.

I've noticed that too when I was doing the click and collect option from the store when it was still open. Mainly came from Dublin but the odd time order came from Belfast.

• Advertisement

Zalando - German based alternative to ASOS, with has a far more extensive range of brands; free delivery over a certain amount and free 100 day returns via An Post.

Yoox - Italian based company which is part of the Net-a-Porter group. Mainly stocks designer brands but at fairly competitive prices (Yoox price vs rrp). Often has free delivery promotions, and offers free returns via UPS.

Perfectly Basics - Dutch based retailer which offers more niche brands. Fixed shipping cost of €7.95 with free returns.

LaRedoute - French retailer which stocks fashion and homeware. I have never used this site, but I have heard great things. Free shipping to Ireland over €89.

Aboutyou.ie - German retailer which is similar to Zalando/ASOS; primarily stocks low/mid-priced European brands. Free shipping and 100 day returns.

Usual suspects:
    1. Inditex group retailers (Spanish) as follows:
    - Zara
    - Massimo Dutti
    - Bershka
    - Pull&Bear
    - Stradivarius

2. Mango (Spanish)

3. H&M group retailers (Swedish) as follows:
    - H&M
    - Cos
    - Arket
    - Weekday
    - & other stories
    - Monki

I know some of those stores deliver with an post and others with couriers.

What has been the experience from others using Zalando?

Does top shop use DPD for home delivery in Ireland does that mean delivery be delayed still?

Do Asos deliver with a courier or an post? I use to order from them and boohoo about 10 years ago and was an post that delivered, is that still the case?

You can add 'bestseller' which caters for vero moda, noisy may, only and pieces brands. You have the option of standard delivery an post or with DHL. They had suspended an post delivery for a few days due to them closed some days over Christmas. Bestseller is an EU brand and parcels can come from either the Netherlands or Germany so no major issues with delivery and brexit.

There are other Irish online stores that sell vero moda etc such as iClothing deal with an post and three stories website but with limited vero moda stock you best ordering from vero moda itself if you want more choice from that store in particular. Next and other companies like littlewoods/ASOS do various brands aswell not just their own in terms of Next.

starlit wrote: »
    What has been the experience from others using Zalando?

Does top shop use DPD for home delivery in Ireland does that mean delivery be delayed still?

Zalando are fine. I got the deliveries mostly inside the time frame they indicate on their website for each item.

As for issues around deliveries from UK I don't think only DPD are affected.

Zalando are first class tbh. I have only ever had good experiences with them.

One experience with resonates with me is when I ordered a pair of Nike runners from them which subsequently dropped in price while they were in transit. I contacted Zalando and they refunded me the difference when they were delivered. :)

Another time I messaged them with regards to a discount code (I can’t remember exactly what the issue was) and they generated a new one for me, even though the promotional period had ended.

I also had no hassle with returning items (prepaid label via An Post)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Zalando OK as they come from Germany. I've just ordered desert boots from Asos so will see what happens!

Asos also coming from the EU. I've bought and returned this month with zero issues.

• Advertisement

Hello all,

Inspired by a thread on the online shopping/auction forum which has some recommendations of European based alternatives to British retail websites (following Brexit), I thought it might be a nice idea to compile a dedicated list of EU and Irish based fashion/clothing websites.

As the UK is now a ‘third-country’ to the EU, purchasing from UK websites (particularly smaller retailers and businesses which are not registered for VAT in Ireland) could result in extra charges depending on the cost of goods purchased; I have attached an example from the CCPC Facebook page of how charges can be added..

To get the ball rolling, I found this article which lists Irish fashion retailers from the Irish Times: Seventy-five Irish clothes shops for your online Christmas shopping which may be useful...

I’ll add a new post to the thread with some recommendations of websites I have used or familiar with. If anyone has any recommendations, please feel free to add same :)

I was looking at the ccpc information and what I gather that basket value of 22e or less has to include delivery/shipping fee as well? I ordered something recently from the UK and was valued at 15 sterling but got a discount off it, when I paid in euro including the postage costs it was less than €22 so had no extras to pay with an post.

I was looking at something else at the same price in sterling at 15 pounds and when I convert it, it is less than €22, tax is an extra €4 aprox and using standard delivery is €12 do I still have to pay the extra or is that already included as it results in £27 sterling converts to €30 aprox.

Saw this post on the 925Style Instagram page :)

540500.jpg

starlit wrote: »
    I was looking at the ccpc information and what I gather that basket value of 22e or less has to include delivery/shipping fee as well? I ordered something recently from the UK and was valued at 15 sterling but got a discount off it, when I paid in euro including the postage costs it was less than €22 so had no extras to pay with an post.

I was looking at something else at the same price in sterling at 15 pounds and when I convert it, it is less than €22, tax is an extra €4 aprox and using standard delivery is €12 do I still have to pay the extra or is that already included as it results in £27 sterling converts to €30 aprox.

Hmmm... I’m not sure tbh. I have not encountered this issue yet. I have purchased a few items from amazon, for example, over these past few weeks which were all under €22 in value and I didn’t pay VAT... however I have prime so don’t pay for shipping regardless....

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭ClubDead

Has anyone bought from Look Fantastic this month? Struggling to find a source for many things ðŸ™

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

ClubDead wrote: »
    Has anyone bought from Look Fantastic this month? Struggling to find a source for many things ðŸ™

A few shops listed on this site http://www.shoponlineireland.com/
    Seem to be a few beauty related ones. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Teach30

I ordered from Selfridges just over a week ago and they shipped the items but then delivery company returned them. Selfridges also didn’t refund me full amount, kept about €40. No idea why must email them and ask.

So don't order from Selfridges at minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

Teach30 wrote: »
    I ordered from Selfridges just over a week ago and they shipped the items but then delivery company returned them. Selfridges also didn’t refund me full amount, kept about €40. No idea why must email them and ask.

So don't order from Selfridges at minute.
    Selfridges group owns Arnotts and Brown Thomas , so there may be problems with their orders too.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Teach30

Ogham wrote: »
    Selfridges group owns Arnotts and Brown Thomas , so there may be problems with their orders too.

No BTs delivered to me last week via an post, great service. Ive an Arnotts makeup delivery coming this week and it’s on way. So no problems with them.

Think it’s whoever Selfridges use to ship.

ClubDead wrote: »

What are you looking for?

Try https://www.cloud10beauty.com/ Great Irish business.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Twee. wrote: »

Thanks for that recommendation earlier in the thread. I was looking for my cleanser and found it there, on sale so I saved a fortune! I ordered on Friday and it was on my doorstep by lunchtime Saturday (with DPD, interestingly enough).

I thought Look Fantastic are shipping from the EU though? I don't think you'll get stung for customs with them. I must still do an order with them soon, I reckon.

• Advertisement

Haha I couldn't remember if I'd already posted it! Their fulfillment centre is in Monaghan so that would help with the shipping. Next day is seriously impressive though, and on a weekend!

To be honest, I didn't even check out Look Fantastic to see what the policy is. I think a lot of businesses will suffer if people (including myself) just assume they're UK based just look elsewhere. I've just looked anyway, and they say most of their product comes via the EU. Not really good enough when there's better local alternatives who can guarantee no duty.

Teach30 wrote: »
    No BTs delivered to me last week via an post, great service. Ive an Arnotts makeup delivery coming this week and it’s on way. So no problems with them.

Think it’s whoever Selfridges use to ship.

No. Selfridges might be owned by same crowd as BT and Arnotts but they are separate company. UK government advisers are openly advising exporters to open companies in EU to avoid hassle (register for tax etc). Selfridges probably didn't supply right documentation. Courier companies can't be held responsible for lack of needed documentation, wrong product codes and similar issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭LazyClouds

Not sure if Etsy has been mentioned yet, but it's great for vintage finds and small businesses. Just set the location of seller in the filter to wherever you want to buy from. Shipping depends on the individual seller but there's loads to choose from.

ETSY

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

To be honest, I didn't even check out Look Fantastic to see what the policy is. I think a lot of businesses will suffer if people (including myself) just assume they're UK based just look elsewhere. I've just looked anyway, and they say most of their product comes via the EU. Not really good enough when there's better local alternatives who can guarantee no duty.

They've launched lookfantastic.ie now as well but I had to wait over three weeks for my last order - its curbing my spending at least

Three weeks is a bit of a joke! There's a few .ie sites causing issue at the moment as they're registered here but actually fulfilling elsewhere, Currys and Regatta in particular. They've had huge delays as a knock on of the DPD/courier delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Littlewoods is another one having major issues- just reading the comments on their fbook and its a complete sh1tshow - regretting ever ordering from them this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Argos as well. I had an order cancelled because they said it would take too long to get through customs

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Starkystark

Anyone order from Topshop recently? Need to stock up on jeans.

Unfortunately they don't stock the brands I'm looking for and they are out of stock on so much. I looked for alternatives to my usuals that are sold on Cloud10 only to find there out of everything I wanted, very frustrating!

• Advertisement

ams wrote: »
    They've launched lookfantastic.ie now as well but I had to wait over three weeks for my last order - its curbing my spending at least

I've just looked on their website and can't see a statement along the lines of "our irish customers will not incur import VAT". If a site becomes a .IE website does that mean that we automatically won't have to pay VAT fees?

Advertisement