Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas comes to your desktop

• 02-12-2020 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭

Acting not like a middle-aged man, but a wide-eyed 7 year old with Admin powers, I downloaded and installed xdecorations for my Ubuntu machine.

Great fun.....for about 10 minutes. It also does Halloween decorations for next year.

Details on how to install it here: https://www.linuxlinks.com/linux-candy-xdecorations-holiday-lights/

Nothing will compete with xsnow for sheer nostalgia, though.

Any more out there that I need to be made aware of?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

@Tom Dunne

EDIT:

Something like this?

The latest version of Xsnow! :D

xsnow2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Yes, that looks good. Certainly an improvement from when it was first released.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,663 ✭✭✭Worztron

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Acting not like a middle-aged man, but a wide-eyed 7 year old with Admin powers, I downloaded and installed xdecorations for my Ubuntu machine.

Great fun.....for about 10 minutes. It also does Halloween decorations for next year.

Details on how to install it here: https://www.linuxlinks.com/linux-candy-xdecorations-holiday-lights/

Nothing will compete with xsnow for sheer nostalgia, though.

Any more out there that I need to be made aware of?

I recall this old video by gotbletu on xsnow:

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Ah some of us prefer a GUI for easy management of options :D
    (click image for full size)

xsnow.png

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Ah some of us prefer a GUI for easy management of options :D
    (click image for full size)

xsnow.png

Pffffft. N00b.

Why, back in my day, we adjusted snowfall rates with punchcards and DIP switches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭niallb

DIP switches?
    Yez were spoiled.

We had to get at recessed jumpers with a needle nosed pliers if we wanted a white Christmas

Advertisement