Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Golf Tips Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭charlesanto

Will Zalatoris, 66/1
    Sergio Garcia, 40/1
    Jon Rahm, 11/1

E/W, 10 places with Patrick
    Tipping along ok :)

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

I was sweating whoever put up the Schwartzel bets, seems like it was unlucky in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

had harman ew in the top 10 till the 17th last night... dope

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭jacool

PP had a special earlier, Westwood to make the cut at Evens... Thank god I wasn't tempted by that :pac:

Gone with Phil Mickelson Top Senior and Will Zalatoris Top Debutant at 10/3
    Hefty enough bet on Corey Conners top Canadian at 4/7

Don't know what that Palmer guy is like at tipping so I don't know if I should be excited or annoyed that he picked Cameron Smith and Brian Harman too...

And couldn't resist Morikawa either.
    Well played !!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Kevin Kisner a big price on a course that should suit this week
    4pts e/w @75/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭GillLebowski

jacool wrote: »
    Well played !!

Cameron Smith basically just got my money back as well as money back on Morikawa...

Really disappointed with/sad for Harman, he did very well all week but really muffed it at the 16th... Happy for him he did so well up 'til then though, but that's what Augusta does to people.

Still just annoyed I didn't put a few euro on Zalatoris himself though, I'd be crying for a week if he ended up winning it! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭munster87

Keeping it Dutch in Austria this week, I like both Luiten 22/1 and Van Driel 70/1 8 places with Ladbrokes. Both have played well here in the past and rank high in driving accuracy on tour, helpful here due to the amount of water in play off the tee!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

3pts e/w branden grace @80/1
    2pts e/w Patton Kizzire @200/1

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Realalemadrid

RBC Heritage

Shane Lowry contended in this 2 years back - I think he may have even led after 2 rounds. He MC last October but still shot 67 in the 2nd round. Form looks to be improving 1 pt e/w 40/1 PP, 8 places

Charley Hoffman might be value after the week off to continue where he left off in Texas where he was unlucky not to win - 1 pt e/w 45/1 Sky, 8 places

RBC Heritage
    Christiaan Bezuidenhout E/W 50/1 8plcs

• Advertisement

All the good prices were on Bet365 but only paying top 5!

Hoffman 60/1
    Na 50/1
    Harman 40/1
    Glover 125/1
    C.T Pan 125/1 (top 8)

Also have Berger win only at 25/1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Paddy Reed got me out last week with a good last round to be placed.
    This week in Europe I am hoping being near home will help Kaymar get back in form in the 2nd division tournament in Austria at 20 to1.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Fitzpatrick
    Abe Ancer
    Kevin Na
    CT Pan

All e/w

Fitzy 25/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭NATLOR

MacIntyre
    Morikawa
    Macarthy
    Kirk
    All e/w
    DJ obviously out of form recently but 12s is a big price might throw him in too

Paddy Reed got me out last week with a good last round to be placed.
    This week in Europe I am hoping being near home will help Kaymar get back in form in the 2nd division tournament in Austria at 20 to1.

I cashed out today on Kaimer (for poor value) with PP having looked at some very poor putting that made me believe he will find it hard not to choke.

The poor putting of course is one of the reasons he has not won since 2014.

He will probably go on to win now that i cashed in,my place money was almost guaranteed but i took 5 times my tenner ew thinking that the pressure he will be under may be too much for him and he will try to play defensive golf.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

Not a tip but I've cink at 150/1. Only 2.5 e/w so about 470 back if it comes in.

No cash out but tempted to lay maybe 100 on betfair at around 1/2.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Not a tip but I've cink at 150/1. Only 2.5 e/w so about 470 back if it comes in.

Thoughts?

Let it ride

• Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Thoughts?

Good shout.

5 ahead with only Morikawa looking like he will give him a match.
    The lay would be my thinking as if he doesn't win it, you should still get the place part of it and then you also win the lay stake.
    So for €50 cost, you cover yourself to win nearly €200 and win the €420 if he does win it.
    For a €5 stake, good return guaranteed.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

Think i might lay some of it.

Not my selection. @davetindallgolf on twitter tipped him with stats to back it up. Couldn't turn it down at 150/1.

• Advertisement

Not my selection. @davetindallgolf on twitter tipped him with stats to back it up. Couldn't turn it down at 150/1.

Ya backed him - that's all that counts....

That dave chap didn't give birth to him :P Who cares how you got your inspiration/sourced information..

Only slight negative is a 'slight whiff' of aftertiming :pac: imo....

Yeah i saw that tip myself alright and in my infinite wisdom decided to scroll on by it!

I cashed out today on Kaimer (for poor value) with PP having looked at some very poor putting that made me believe he will find it hard not to choke.

He will probably go on to win now that i cashed in,my place money was almost guaranteed but i took 5 times my tenner ew thinking that the pressure he will be under may be too much for him and he will try to play defensive golf.

Lucky i did Kaymar was out of it very early on started to play better when he had little chance of winning.

Lucky i did Kaymar was out of it very early on started to play better when he had little chance of winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭NATLOR

NATLOR wrote: »
    MacIntyre
    Morikawa
    Macarthy
    Kirk
    All e/w
    DJ obviously out of form recently but 12s is a big price might throw him in too

Morikawa and Kirk place and just missed out on Macarthy
    Disappointed with morikawa expected him to challenge Cink but had a shocker of a round

• Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

NATLOR wrote: »
    Morikawa and Kirk place and just missed out on Macarthy
    Disappointed with morikawa expected him to challenge Cink but had a shocker of a round

I must have been the only person looking for Morikawa to finish outside of the top 10.
    I laid him pre tournie to a mate of mine, both win and Top 10.
    Was praying he'd drop 1 more shot and he would have been tied 8th with 4 others so would have something back.
    Overall bad tournament for the bank balance as had a few others backed with no success.

Fair dues to those of you who backed Cink at 150/1.

Zurich Classic New Orleans this week.
    Hard enough trying to pick one winner, let alone 2 players as it's a 2 player team event.
    Round 1 and 3 are Four-Ball (Best-Ball) and Rounds 2 and 4 are Foursomes (Alternate Shot).

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Realalemadrid

Zurich Classic.

David Hearn and Seamus Power got a mention in the PGA "Power Rankings" for this event on the PGA website.

T10 in 2018 and T5 in 2019 - Power was in the mix last week in Las Vegas on the Korn Fery tour while Hearn was just outside the top 10 a few weeks back on the main tour event in Puntacana. 0.5pt ew 7 places PP 100/1. 140/1 available for 5 places with B365.

Edit - Seamus Power is out following a Covid 19 diagnosis.

Smith and Leishman could be the nap in the Zurich with fourball and foursomes this should be very entertaining and the Aussies may take the money down under
    Kurt Kitayama and Calum Hill may repay support in Tenerife and there are good grounds for backing them ew.

Just following various tipsters bets this week... I do like Smith/Leishman but around 10/1 is a bit too skinny tbh.

Horschel/Burns 25/1
    Grace/Varner @42
    Kirk/Todd @34
    Tringale/Castro @65
    Bradley/Steele @46

FRL Darts

Finau/Champ 20/1
    Holmes/Garrigus 100/1 E.W Top 6

• Advertisement

Im/Hun An @40/1 Seven places with PP

... and Rafa Cabrera Bello 20/1 in the Gran Canaria Open - 7 Places