Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

HomePod

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭OU812

Leftwaffe wrote: »
    Where’s the best place to order a Mini now? Going for my third.

Huntoffice also have them but you’ll pay a delivery charge if ordering only one.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭kaerobe

For some reason argos have homepod mini's listed as a large item that requires 2 people to deliver it so therefore 24 euro del fee!!!!

I think ill wait for click and collect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

kaerobe wrote: »
    For some reason argos have homepod mini's listed as a large item that requires 2 people to deliver it so therefore 24 euro del fee!!!!

I think ill wait for click and collect.

Strange, they only charged me €5.95 when I ordered on Saturday morning. Showing as the higher charge now when I try to order again :confused:

Hopefully they stock them in store once lockdown is relaxed. Whenever that will be.

I have my two homepods set up as a stereo paid with sound from my TV4K. Sound is fantastic. Absolutely incredible bass frequencies and crisp dialogue.

However... I’m slightly disappointed with the atmos effects. My soundbar setup seems to able to do it better. Paid a lot more for the soundbar and it’s got actual surrounds as well as updating speakers, so it’s not really surprising.

I *might* sell these on for what I paid for them (I believe eBay has highly inflated prices) and stick to the older kit. Might demo them a couple more times over the bank holiday weekend before I make my mind up.

Right... I’ve decided I’m selling mine for the same price paid -€360 each. Have receipts, bought 15 March, delivered couple days later.

Offer them out here first in case anyone is interested before putting them on adverts & eBay.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭VANG1

Received 2 from Argos today, 5.95 delivery. Delighted with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Right, what do you say to Siri to get Dublin’s FM104 to play on the HomePod? I’ve tried everything. The last resort is obviously using AirPlay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

Right, what do you say to Siri to get Dublin’s FM104 to play on the HomePod? I’ve tried everything. The last resort is obviously using AirPlay.

It’s a disaster for radio channels, an absolute disaster. I asked it to play Newstalk today and it played The Power of Love by Frankie Goes to Hollywood.

We need to create a list of definitive commands for Irish radio channels.

It’s a disaster for radio channels, an absolute disaster. I asked it to play Newstalk today and it played The Power of Love by Frankie Goes to Hollywood.

We need to create a list of definitive commands for Irish radio channels.

I got Newstalk by saying “Hey Siri, play Newstalk radio”. RTE Gold is a funny one. I have to say “Hey Siri, play Radio Gold R Tay A”!! I kid you not!

Recently I’ve noticed Today FM which was fine just saying “Hey Siri, play Today FM” now plays a Matt Cooper podcast. You have to say “Hey Siri, play Today FM radio”.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Billydoc

I got Newstalk by saying “Hey Siri, play Newstalk radio”. RTE Gold is a funny one. I have to say “Hey Siri, play Radio Gold R Tay A”!! I kid you not!

Recently I’ve noticed Today FM which was fine just saying “Hey Siri, play Today FM” now plays a Matt Cooper podcast. You have to say “Hey Siri, play Today FM radio”.

The exact issue happened my wife recently! Twas driving her mad!! Mat cooper podcasts instead of today fm! She thought it was her accent!! She’ll be happy it’s happening other people!

• Advertisement

Billydoc wrote: »
    The exact issue happened my wife recently! Twas driving her mad!! Mat cooper podcasts instead of today fm! She thought it was her accent!! She’ll be happy it’s happening other people!

Get her to try it as I said above add “radio” to the request for Today FM.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭whippet

I find it works fine for a few weeks and then it’s as if it forgets ... “ hey Siri play Today FM” worked fine for months and now it plays the Matt Cooper Podcast ..... ‘hey Siri play Newstalk radio’ worked fine most of the time now it answers ‘News isn’t available on this homepod’

At this stage I just use the GoLoud App on my phone and tap it off the HomePod in the room I’m in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭djdunny

Get her to try it as I said above add “radio” to the request for Today FM.

This was driving me bananas also. Just tried adding the "radio" at the end and it worked.

Cheers notahappycamper

djdunny wrote: »
    This was driving me bananas also. Just tried adding the "radio" at the end and it worked.

Cheers notahappycamper

No bother. It’s a strange one as it always worked with just saying “Today FM”.

I found a command for Newstalk, finally!

“Hey Siri, play FM Newstalk Radio.”

If anyone has one for FM104 let me know please!

I see the HomePod mini will be available from the official Apple store online from June! I didn’t notice that before. €99 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Zhane

HomePod Mini officially release in Ireland in June.

https://www.apple.com/ie/homepod-mini/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,901 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

^^ I wonder will Apple TV Siri support come at the same time.

There’s seems to be a strong link between
    HomePod availability in a market and Siri support on the ATV.

Could be right, the remote is specifically called the Siri Remote on the website. I don’t think it was called that before here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,357 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Good to hear, looks like we might be getting first-class support for Siri in Ireland. That would make things a lot easier.

DubDJ wrote: »
    Good to hear, looks like we might be getting first-class support for Siri in Ireland. That would make things a lot easier.

Confirmed by 9to5mac that Siri coming to Ireland,

https://9to5mac.com/2021/04/20/apple-tv-tidbits-new-remote-sold-separately-siri-support-in-new-countries-thread-support/

I think Siri support for Ireland in iOS 14.5 next week going by the press release on their website for the Apple TV4K.

I think Siri support for Ireland in iOS 14.5 next week going by the press release on their website for the Apple TV4K.

So the HomePod will have proper Siri support from next week? What improvements does that entail?

So the HomePod will have proper Siri support from next week? What improvements does that entail?

Not sure about HomePod. I was referring to someone who asked about Siri and the Apple TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Can confirm it’s there with 14.5 on the beta version. I just checked and was able to turn it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭iniall

Updated the HomePods to 14.5 and now Siri has stopped playing RTÉ Radio 1. Previously, "Hey Siri, play RTÉ Radio 1 FM" would work, with Siri saying, "Now playing RTE acute Radio 1 via Tune In." Now she says, "The app hasn't added support for that with Siri." Maybe Tune In hasn't updated yet? It's annoying when an update breaks a feature that worked fine in an older version. Has anyone else had their radio requests refused on 14.5? Anyone figured out a workaround?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

iniall wrote: »
    Updated the HomePods to 14.5 and now Siri has stopped playing RTÉ Radio 1. Previously, "Hey Siri, play RTÉ Radio 1 FM" would work, with Siri saying, "Now playing RTE acute Radio 1 via Tune In." Now she says, "The app hasn't added support for that with Siri." Maybe Tune In hasn't updated yet? It's annoying when an update breaks a feature that worked fine in an older version. Has anyone else had their radio requests refused on 14.5? Anyone figured out a workaround?

Have you switch Siri language on your phone? The only one that works here in Ireland so far is English (UK).

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭iniall

Have you switch Siri language on your phone? The only one that works here in Ireland so far is English (UK).

No, I've always had it on English (United States) and it's worked fine until now.

• Advertisement

iniall wrote: »

Try “hey Siri play radio radio R Tay A 1” I am not kidding this works. Say radio twice as mentioned. I’ve checked it twice just there and it worked on my HomePod iOS 14.5

Advertisement