Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

List of companies that are obliged to accept waste due to non-repak membership

• 07-04-2021 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭

Some companies that put out a lot of waste ( e.g. packaging ) are not members of Repak.

I believe these companies are obliged to accept from the public ( without charge ) any amount of waste of 'the same class' ( e..g. Power City are not members of repak and take back old electricial equipment )

Would anybody know where to find a list of these non Repak member companies and what classes of waste they are obliged to accept ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,474 ✭✭✭✭guil

Any retailer has to take like for like with electrical appliances as part of weee

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

guil wrote: »
    Any retailer has to take like for like with electrical appliances as part of weee

The product class of interest is not electrical...It Is.....Duvet insides :D( the puffy up stuff that comes with a Tog rating )

• Registered Users Posts: 18,122 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

0lddog wrote: »
    The product class of interest is not electrical...It Is.....Duvet insides :D( the puffy up stuff that comes with a Tog rating )

If you are not registered with repak AFAIK you only have to take back your own waste packaging. Even if you had to take back waste used goods it would only be ones you sold, again AFAIK.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

The op is mixing up repack (packaging) with weee(electrical) which every customer pays with its entitlement to return comparable electrical equipment

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

The op is mixing up repack (packaging) with weee(electrical) which every customer pays with its entitlement to return comparable electrical equipment

I'm aware of a ( non Repak member ) printing company that is obliged to ( and does ) accept paper waste from random callers. So, wouldnt be clear that post above is relevant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,122 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

0lddog wrote: »
    I'm aware of a ( non Repak member ) printing company that is obliged to ( and does ) accept paper waste from random callers. So, wouldnt be clear that post above is relevant.

That dose not mean they should have to. Repak only covers the return of packaging not general waste. Dose this mean I can rock up to an unregistered as hop and hand back the core of the apple I bought or the test of the can of coke I did not doing. Read Repak page regarding what businesses register to avoid

Slava Ukrainii

Advertisement