Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Earphones

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

40% off soungmagiv e10bt (usually £60 image is wrong), my friend has them. Awesome sound and 13 hour battery life, was trying them out last night and bought some for myself today. Have had Soundmagic in the past and they are always really good.

https://soundmagicheadphones.com/

This it?

The picture says the BT version are reduced from £24.00 to £35.99

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Should have said 12 hours battery, not 13 sorry. Realistically it'll be 10-12 hours which beats out most people.
    Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    Sorry it's on their site https://soundmagicheadphones.com/collections/earphones/products/soundmagic-e10bt-in-ear-isolating-wireless-earphones-with-smartphone-controls-mic
    Suckit wrote: »
    https://soundmagicheadphones.com/

This it?

The picture says the BT version are reduced from £24.00 to £35.99

That's it yeah, linked above, should say £59.99 down to £35.99 in pic. I had to use parcel motel to get shipping for £3.99 too, and save a few euro on shipping to Ireland, which was like €11. Full price with parcel motel is £35.99 + £3.99 shipping + €3.50 parcel motel. Bout £43 all in. I used revolut for no currency charges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

The reviews were all done when they cost £70 too. Enjoy, you may like the poor English audio ques that comes with them like I do. When your battery is running low for example an Asian womans voice sounds saying "please charging", not much budget in that department. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,710 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Got Urbanista Seattle on ear bt headphones 69 in amazon France, excellent for price.

• Advertisement

Using the E10bt's now, great!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,016 ✭✭✭corkie

corkie wrote: »
    I7s Plus TWS Bluetooth 4.2 Earbuds Stereo Earphones with Charging Case

€6.60 €10.73 Promotional Price Free Shipping

These arrived in the post today.

Got the black color version.

Battery life is just over approx 1h 30mins for stereo use. Been through two sessions of use, first session turned them off before prompted.

As I got the black pair, they don't light up like the white version (non plus), when charging. And as the indicator for charging on the buds is buried in the box, you have no way of knowing for sure if they are charging and when charged.

Sound is good enough from them, volume levels are okay, but very unlikely to be deafened by them. No sound isolation as they are not in ear.

They are bigger than I thought they would be, and not suitable for people with smaller ears.

Easy to pair to each other and the phone.

No label on the box, to actually say that they are the plus version.

Edit: - No cable to charge them without using the charging box.

Edit 2: - Either side can be used as the master for stereo mode.

"He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him! I'll chase him round the moons of Nibia and round the Antares maelstrom and round perdition's flames before I give him up!" - Khan quoting Moby Dick (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan)

I just saw ThinkGeek are selling Star Trek Wireless Vulcan earbuds for $39.99.
    I am going to hazard a guess that the quality from them is pretty poor.

In fact, I'd be willing to try making a pair with THESE and THIS :D
    They would look much better if they were TWS anyway :).

These get decent reviews.
    Syllable D900P Bluetooth 5.0 TWS @ $25.20
    Pros:
    • Bluetooth 5.0
    • Worthy sound
    • Small size, weight
    • Convenient thoughtful case
    • Easy on / off
    • Working hours

Cons:
    • No battery percentage indication
    • Pairing occurs after 15 seconds (the pairing mode is first activated, and then it is (re)connected to a familiar device)
    • Poor microphone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

MAJJ wrote: »
    Folks, I mentioned earlier about Anker soundbuds, mine broke recently as the earbuds detached and then internal wires snapped. I emailed Anker support and they have an 18 month warranty and are shipping out a new set without any hesitation. I have a number of their products and they have impressed me and the customer service is excellent.

Not meaning to be a shill for Anker, but the replacement set I got, I then promptly lost for a month until I put on a pair of washed trousers and found them in the pocket washed, dried and much to my surprise turned on and worked perfectly first time :)

i7s TWS Bluetooth Camouflage on offer again.

sku_554146_1.jpg

Zapals: -

i7s TWS Bluetooth 4.2 Stereo Earphones with Charging Case - Camouflage ~~~ €6.00

I7s Plus TWS Bluetooth 4.2 Earbuds Stereo Earphones with Charging Case ~~~ €6.86

Or multiple colors from http://www.dx.com : -

i7s TWS Camouflage Wireless Bluetooth Earphone, Mini Stereo Headset Earbuds w/ Charging Box - Camouflage Green ~~~ €7.88

Never used DX.com, how are they? Anyone get stuff from there?

"He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him! I'll chase him round the moons of Nibia and round the Antares maelstrom and round perdition's flames before I give him up!" - Khan quoting Moby Dick (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan)

• Advertisement

That's a pity that you don't like them, maybe you could return them?

I think they are class, I was resisting posting again about how good I find them.

I do think that cable could be better. That definitely sounds like a defect worth returning over, I use them for 2-3 hours a day walking, in the gym, running etc and there are no problems with my pair. Wouldn't accept that from them man!

You are covered by EU law for warranty (2 years) and full refund of any shipping costs if they don't provide a return service.
    https://soundmagicheadphones.com/pages/warranty-information
    https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/shopping/guarantees-returns/faq/index_en.htm

That said, repairing earphones isn't hard, and if you like that sort of thing it can be quite relaxing.
    Some basic how-to's for someone who has never tried it before.
    https://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Repair-Headphones/
    https://www.wikihow.com/Repair-Dodgy-or-Broken-Headphones

Send em an email, they are around a long time and have a good reputation. They have a 30 day return window in general even if there are no flaws

HAVIT G1 Series TWS True Wireless Earbuds, Wireless Charging, IPX5 Waterproof, Bluetooth 5.0

Starting at €67.95 excl. tax

Not really a bargain post, but these look good and what a cool charging box.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 DIEGOCON

MAJJ wrote: »
    Not meaning to be a shill for Anker, but the replacement set I got, I then promptly lost for a month until I put on a pair of washed trousers and found them in the pocket washed, dried and much to my surprise turned on and worked perfectly first time :)

Recently purchased a pair of Anker Bluetooth Headphones, SoundBuds Slim+ Wireless Headphones for pittance on amazon. Use them in the gym and have no issues with sweat etc. Excellent fit due to the different size buds they give you as part of the package, good distance on the bluetooth coverage and the sound quality is well above the price. Love them so far.

Now down to €4.28

Note there is a more expensive upgraded i9s model also available now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭IBrows89

Now down to €4.28

Saying out of stock at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Slightly off-topic, but I'm thinking about rolling my own wireless headphones with MMXC IEMs, a short replacement cable and something like the FiiO BTR3 Bluetooth DAC, but the shortest cable I can find is the FiiO one at 60cm. At that length I might as well skip the Bluetooth DAC and connect directly to my phone. Has anyone else done this? Anybody know where I'd get a shorter cable?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Now down to €4.28

I got a set of the I7S and while they work as advertised, I find them too big for me ears which end up sore after about 30 minutes of use. They are also very cheaply made, particularly the carry case.

I've just ordered the I9S from this seller for €15. I won't have them for a month but according to reviews they are basically identical in size and shape to apple airpods.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

d31b0y wrote:
    for €15. I won't have them for a month but according to reviews they are basically identical in size and shape to apple airpods.

Ah idea on what the sound quality is like on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Probably what you'd expect for 15 quid but I'm no audiophile so as long as they work, that's all that matters to me.
    There's a definite delay so watching video with them will be very off-putting.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,795 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I am looking for some on ear open back, lightweight, Bluetooth headphones with microphone.

Any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

Now down to €4.28

I got a set of these and while the sound is fine, they don't last pissing time before they need to be charged again

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭chonix

Discodog wrote: »
    I am looking for some on ear open back, lightweight, Bluetooth headphones with microphone.

Any recommendations?
    Got these a while back for 2X quid. They are quite good for the price. Albeit if you're an audiophile, you might hear a small hissing noise when there's silence. But mileage may vary. It's not annoying at all.

JBL+T450BT on Amzn UK

• Advertisement

Bluetooth headphones are popular, but science confirms: mostly terrible

Bluetooth audio has come a long way since its noisy beginnings, but it’s still not ready to replace the headphone jack. However, most people won’t be able to hear the difference if they’re older than 24, have some form of noise-induced hearing loss, or are in the presence of outside noise. For this reason, Bluetooth headphones are best for those commuting, or in noisy situations. If you’re listening primarily at home — or in a quiet area — get a set of wired headphones.

If you’re over the age of 24, Bluetooth headphones are more than likely good enough for you. Most people older than that cannot hear the audible effects of Bluetooth — outside of AAC’s shortcomings, and a certain level of noise.

Unless your young and an audiophile you probably can't tell the difference.

Advertisement