Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "Official Offer" Letter To Banks

• 21-10-2013 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭vixdname

Was just wondering if anyone else on here have heard of or used whats called the "Official Offer" method of dealing with financial debt with banks etc.

Theres a Facebook page dedicated to it and various website sharing the information on the web aswell.

Its basically, if you're in debt and cant afford to pay back your mortgage for whatever reason, you write a letter to the bank (Template of letter below) and basically offer to pay them whatever miniscule amount you are willing to give them.
    You pay them via cheque, postal order or with cash over the counter and supposedly the banks have to accept it.
    I dont fully understand the legalitys of it all but it sounds interesting.

You can look it up on youtube aswell and one of the founding members of this method explains in simple terms how this works.

Have any of you heard of or tried this and if so how did ye get on ???

Is this genuinely legal

TEMPLATE:

Official Offer

Offer to (bank) by (person) to now operate on account 123456 £?0.00 effected monthly as satisfaction on all account demands/obligations.

(Signed By:Person)

Rear of paper .... written at an angle across the page OFFICIAL OFFER

Attach Cheque made payable to (BANK)

If you get no response then the offer has been accepted ... so the cheques keep going in to effect performance on the contract.

If a response comes ... Look at it very carefully ! ! ! ... This is where they may try to shift the attention away from the offer .... in an attempt to get their offer in place ... If responded to carefully this cannot happen ...

Go check the 7 elements of contract .. pay particular attention to acceptance ....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz..... Burp!....zzzzzzz.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Five Lamps

Freemans stuff.

I would have thought that "non response" could not be taken as an acceptance.

Isn't that this an attempt by one party to modify a contract that they have already agreed to and would need the agreement of the other party to do so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

vixdname wrote: »

If you get no response then the offer has been accepted ... so the cheques keep going in to effect performance on the contract.

Hogwash. Since when are contract offers accepted by inaction?

I swear the response by b Five Lamps wasnt there when i made my post. I swear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

It might have taken you more than 3 mins to load the page, write your message, and post it. No biggie Beano.

I can see where the freemen are going with this. Send a letter every week, expecting a reply. After the 30th letter and for some reason, there's no response, it's accepted that they are now out of the contract.

I give to you, the new proletariat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

Felthouse v Brindley
    Foakes v Beer (Affriming Pinnels case)

Even the most inept law student that turns up to class by mistake is aware of these cases. Pinnel's case has been law for over 400 years.

Isn't it about time these fecking fraudsters where jailed for peddling this crap to the gullible and the desperate?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

Our survey says... EHH EHH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

I don't understand why they can't just be honest.

You don't like the bailout, unsustainable personal debt, or how the banks operate?

You feel that individuals are commoditized, and sometimes worse off than corporations, that this is morally wrong?

Basically you want law reform?

Great! I agree with all of the above!

But you don't challenge what you consider a shítty law by getting down and rolling around in it, to the point of making yourself look stupid, offensive and bonkers.

All law relies on the public co-operation with it. By challenging it in a meaningful, non-bonkers way, or by electing willing legislators, you can change the law with a lot less hassle, and you won't look so thick. Why go to all this trouble?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

c ould someone find a place far far away from other threads where all the Freemen may play together without annoying the grownups?
    '

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Totally works.

But it needs to be sent from a ship, during a full moon in blue ink and all in caps.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

The word "offer" comes from the middle cockney phrase "off 'er" meaning to kill
    or cause the death of a woman.

As women have breasts and breasts begins with b, every word that begins with b denotes a woman. So a bank is just a legal fiction for a woman. By sending her an "offer" you are disclaiming civil jurisdiction and going directly to her human person.

Your offer is thus a death threat to the lady of the bank, and if she accepts it then she is valuing her life at the derisory amount you have sent. If she doesn't accept then you have scared her and she will no longer pursue you.

You are now free to date her sister. But watch out for the ICB (Investment Cock Block) when two banks/women discuss your bad behaviour.

Seriously, if you believe the stuff you read on those websites you should consider running off to join the moonies. You'll be happier and richer in the long run.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

nuac wrote: »
    c ould someone find a place far far away from other threads where all the Freemen may play together without annoying the grownups?
    '

I find it refreshing to access my inner legal child from time to time.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

I find it refreshing to access my inner legal child from time to time.

Be careful about accessing children anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Livingrobot

Inserted in the Brackets below (Actually the Official Offer process is based on the MAXIMUM amount to say otherwise appears to be a deliberate use of deception).
    vixdname wrote: »
    Was just wondering if anyone else on here have heard of or used whats called the "Official Offer" method of dealing with financial debt with banks etc.

Theres a Facebook page dedicated to it and various website sharing the information on the web aswell.

Its basically, if you're in debt and cant afford to pay back your mortgage for whatever reason, you write a letter to the bank (Template of letter below) and basically offer to pay them whatever miniscule

(Actually the Official Offer process is based on the MAXIMUM amount to say otherwise appears to be a deliberate use of deception)

amount you are willing to give them.
    You pay them via cheque, postal order or with cash over the counter and supposedly the banks have to accept it.
    I dont fully understand the legalitys of it all but it sounds interesting.

You can look it up on youtube aswell and one of the founding members of this method explains in simple terms how this works.

Have any of you heard of or tried this and if so how did ye get on ???

Is this genuinely legal

TEMPLATE:

Official Offer

Offer to (bank) by (person) to now operate on account 123456 £?0.00 effected monthly as satisfaction on all account demands/obligations.

(Signed By:Person)

Rear of paper .... written at an angle across the page OFFICIAL OFFER

Attach Cheque made payable to (BANK)

If a response comes ... Look at it very carefully ! ! ! ... This is where they may try to shift the attention away from the offer .... in an attempt to get their offer in place ... If responded to carefully this cannot happen ...

Go check the 7 elements of contract .. pay particular attention to acceptance ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Inserted in the Brackets below (Actually the Official Offer process is based on the MAXIMUM amount to say otherwise appears to be a deliberate use of deception).

You felt the need to create a new account to respond to a year old thread about nonsense?

Simply correcting an error/deception or do you believe an attempt at deception/error should be disregarded ?

Simply correcting an error/deception or do you believe an attempt at deception/error should be disregarded ?

the whole thing is hogwash and should be disregarded

The Official Offer process has been used very successfully for three years there was a guest caller on peoples internet radio last night explaining the effects it's use had on his life and the life of his Family.
    On the 2210-2014 the Official Offer process was also discussed on the UK Column live and a huge increase in interest has ensued. The reason to respond to this thread was simply as the official offer was 'googled' this site came up in the list as it was examined an error/Deception was spotted, so the process is not corrupted a correction was placed here.
    As for your opinion on the official offer process unles you are legally trained I wouldn't expect you to have a decent conceptual grasp of it.

kind regards

The Official Offer process has been used very successfully for three years there was a guest caller on peoples internet radio last night explaining the effects it's use had on his life and the life of his Family.
    On the 2210-2014 the Official Offer process was also discussed on the UK Column live and a huge increase in interest has ensued. The reason to respond to this thread was simply as the official offer was 'googled' this site came up in the list as it was examined an error/Deception was spotted, so the process is not corrupted a correction was placed here.
    As for your opinion on the official offer process unless you are legally trained I wouldn't expect you to have a decent conceptual grasp of it.

kind regards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

As for your opinion on the official offer process unless you are legally trained I wouldn't expect you to have a decent conceptual grasp of it.

kind regards

Luckily for you, there are several persons who are "legally trained" on this forum, i expect one of them will be along shortly :cool:

Beano wrote: »
    peddle your freeman crap elsewhere
    I agree that the 'Freeman' thing is Crap, in fact I have been saying so for years now.

The Official offer process has nothing to do with any of that bunk.

Kind regards

For your edification Legally trained or otherwise. I am unsure if the link address I posted will be visible as I am a new member here and have yet to complete the post requirement to do so. Therefore I posted the paragraph from the source last line demonstrates that the official offer process is 100% a creature of the existing legal structure.

Source h t t p://w w w .unil ex.info/ins trume nt. cfm ?pi d=2&do=comment&p os=99

2. Obligee entitled in principle to reject partial performance

When performance is due at maturity (be it the whole performance or an instalment), that which is due must be performed completely. In principle, the obligee may reject an offer of partial performance, whether or not it is coupled with an assurance as to the balance of the performance, since it is entitled to receive the whole of what was stipulated. Subject to what will be said below, partial performance normally constitutes a breach of contract. A party who does not obtain full performance at maturity may resort to the available remedies. As a rule, the obligee has a legitimate interest in requiring full performance of what was promised at the time that performance is due.
    The obligee may of course also refrain from rejecting the offer to perform in part, while reserving its rights as to the breach, or may accept it without any reservation, in which case partial performance can no longer be treated as a non-performance.

Also worth looking at is this.

3. Obligee’s right to reject partial performance conditional on its legitimate interest in so doing

There may be situations where the obligee’s legitimate interest in receiving full performance is not apparent and where temporary acceptance of partial performance will not cause any significant harm to the obligee. If the party tendering partial performance proves this to be the case, the obligee cannot then refuse such partial performance (subject to paragraph (2)), and there is no non-performance in such cases. This may be seen as a consequence of the general principle of good faith and fair dealing enunciated in Article 1.7.

Along with

Doctrine of substantial performance is a legal principle which says that if a good faith attempt is made to perform the requirements of the agreement even if it does not precisely meet the terms of the agreement or statutory requirements, the performance will still be considered complete if the essential purpose is accomplished. However this is subject to claim of damages for shortfall. A defendant when sued for non performance cannot avoid paying damages by showing he substantially performed or came near to performing the requirements of the contract.

So if there is a legally trained member 'Coming along' as suggested by Angelfire (exactly what is being implied here I am unsure of) suffice to say, I would welcome an opinion on this topic from someone in that regard, as it would perhaps serve to demonstrate to other members that indeed this process is 100% legitimate, and therefore available to be shared openly with people in dire straits regarding their Mortgages.

Kind regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

How do you overcome Foakes v Beer?

Oh and in reading the letter how do you overcome the fact that silence does not connote consent in Irish contract law? (See Felthouse sp?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Could you please use Irish sources of law - the website cited is some kind of international law database to do with the UN convention for sales of goods (yes really!). I suppose it's true what they say about commerce but given the mechanisms for how Irish law is promulgated I'm not sure it's relevant.

How do you overcome Foakes v Beer?

Oh and in reading the letter how do you overcome the fact that silence does not connote consent in Irish contract law? (See Felthouse sp?)

Certainly the official offer process is not to avoid/evade full performance in any regard.

Could you please use Irish sources of law - the website cited is some kind of international law database to do with the UN convention for sales of goods (yes really!). I suppose it's true what they say about commerce but given the mechanisms for how Irish law is promulgated I'm not sure it's relevant.

Substantial performance Cheshire, Fifoot and Furmston's Law of Contract page 531 Twelfth edition. as mentioned in Gill & Macmillan annotated Constitution of Ireland page 11.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Mod:

Livingrobot,

Posting pseudolegal nonsense is against the forum charter and it is not welcome here.

Please read the forum charter before posting again.

Link:
    It will be considered that any user espousing and or endorsing the freemen on the land movement as well as the sovereign citizen movement and or any other pseudo-legal movement are posting against the interests of justice and in contempt of the long-standing jurisprudence of the Courts. The moderators will have absolute discretion in dealing with users who fall afoul of this rule.

Advertisement