Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Name appearing in only place?

• 04-04-2016 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

Hi,

Wondering if someone could offer me some outside perspective or suggestions because my brain is just gone to mush from mulling over this the past few days.

Have found some of my GG Grandfathers relatives (Mother and siblings) here:
    http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Dublin/Rotunda/Williams_Place_Lr_/1332141/

after scouring all the usual suspects (Ancestry, Irish Genealogy, Familysearch etc.) I have been able to find some sort of birth / baptism record of all the others bar Lilley.
    She's gone by the 1911 census
    http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Dublin/Inns_Quay/Wellington_Street__Lower/36053/

I have searched baptism records, civil birth records, marriage and death records and cannot find mention of her prior to or after the 1901 census. I've tried all variations of names; Lily, Lillie, Lilly, Kane, Cain.
    I'm baffled :confused::confused::confused: Is there something I'm not thinking of??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

Have you tried Elizabeth? My grand aunt was called Lillie but her full birth name was Elizabeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Boscod

There are three Keane births in 1892 in Dublin North. Could she be one of these?

Name Elizabeth Keane
    Event Type Birth
    Event Date Jan - Mar 1892
    Event Place Dublin North, Ireland
    Registration Quarter and Year Jan - Mar 1892
    Registration District Dublin North
    Volume Number 2
    Page Number 453

Name Esther Mary Keane
    Event Type Birth
    Event Date Apr - Jun 1892
    Registration Quarter and Year Apr - Jun 1892
    Volume Number 2
    Page Number 486

Name Isabella Keane
    Event Type Birth
    Event Date Jul - Sep 1892
    Registration Quarter and Year Jul - Sep 1892
    Volume Number 2
    Page Number 423

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

Brainfuzzzz is quite normal in genealogy. At 19 she quite possibly had left home this could be her as a domestic servant

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭-Leelo-

nikkibikki wrote: »
    Have you tried Elizabeth? My grand aunt was called Lillie but her full birth name was Elizabeth.

I was racking my brains trying to think what Lily could be short for, never dawned on me that it might be Elizabeth!
    Boscod wrote: »
    There are three Keane births in 1892 in Dublin North. Could she be one of these?

She may well be, will have a look into those, and any Kane women born that year too, as the family name was Kane but there are a lot of misspellings all over the place, which means twice the work :rolleyes:
    Brainfuzzzz is quite normal in genealogy
    You're not messing there, every night I go to bed with a melted brain. Mind you, its usually when I have the laptop shut down and am just getting into bed that I get a brainwave, so then I end up awake for another few hours looking up stuff on my phone :)

Advertisement