Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

"Giant Figures" in Ireland

• 22-08-2010 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭

When in England last summer I visied Cerne Abbas and saw the giant there. You have other "Giants" in England also and quite similar things in other countrys like the Nazca lines in Peru.

Do we have evidence of anything like this in Ireland? If we had I'm sure I would have heard of it.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

Michael Collins was a big man.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

The Giant's Causeway was built by a giant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

Weren't the Fomorians meant to be giants?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

I'm actually talking about physical carvings in soil or rock to create an image. There are numerous examples in Britain and in other parts of the world.

For example the Uffington White Horse or as I mentioned the Cerne Abbas Giant.

Apparently, its known as Gigantotomy

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

It helped that they had the chalk ground under the turf so when you dig out your giant it really stands out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement