Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Church records site

• 25-11-2009 5:46pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭

www.irishgenealogy.ie

will be launched tonight (but is already mostly) working.

A huge amount of free parish registers for Dublin and Kerry dioceses with more to come. RC and CoI parishes.

The site is a little tricky to manipulate and does not give a soundex function. Also names are transcribed as they were in the register so know your names in latin to be sure you don't miss something.

I found it best to just put in the surname, Dublin and search from there. You can sort via baptism, marriage, burial and by century.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Had a search but could find any hits. I wonder what percent of the records are up and by what system they are placing then online. By parish?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Just had a quick look at the site. Found it most useful as I came across quite a few of the individuals who've cropped up during the course of my research and has shed some useful light on them.

Great facility to have.

Advertisement