Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Babyliss big hair

• 19-12-2010 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭

Babyliss big hair rotating styler
    Hi has anyone bought one of these?I am dying to get one but afraid it wont be as good as it seems..I have below shoulder lenght hair, its manageable but i spend a fortune gett in it blowdried...Im think this may save some money as i cant ever blow dry my own hair sucessfully

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Chickus wrote: »
    Hi has anyone bought one of these?I am dying to get one but afraid it wont be as good as it seems

oh I have it and I love it :D
    I have really curly hair and was ruining it with the straightners, haven't used them since I got this.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Chickus

Thanks for that, I must add it to my shopping list so, :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Saw the ad on tv for these earlier, was also wondering if they are any use.
    Searching argos theres 2 of these showing up..

this one for 62.99

this one for 29.99

only noticable difference from website is the cheaper one has 800w and the expensive one only has 700w..

Saw the ad on tv for these earlier, was also wondering if they are any use.
    Searching argos theres 2 of these showing up..

this one for 62.99

this one for 29.99

only noticable difference from website is the cheaper one has 800w and the expensive one only has 700w..

If you look at the picture for the more expensive one, you'll notice two buttons near the brush - these change the direction of the revolving brush.
    Not sure if the cheaper version revolves for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Gillsha

The cheaper one doesn't revolve.

OP it's definitely worth the money, I have shoulder length hair and can't blowdry it very well, since I started using this everyone is commenting on my hair and how good it looks. I use the hair dryer to nearly dry my hair and then finish with this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭dollybird2

I have this styler and love it. The rotating brush one which is between 50 - 60 euro doesn't compare to the other one.

This styler is great for volume, shine, styling ends of hair, backcombing hair & styling fringes

It isn't great for curling/straightening hair

I find the rotating one straightens my hair perfectly - previously I couldn't get my hair even remotely straight with the hair dryer, always had to use the GHD.
    The version I had does all the hard work for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Chickus

They are sold out around town at the moment ..but an order should arrive in before thursday..300 ordered but have to be distributed to several shops..heres hoping ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

My dad picked one up in harvey norman in airside earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mistyd

was soo lucky got last one in argos last week.. and yes, its fabulous.. i have long, thick hair and usually only looks nice after hairdressers.. So now i dry it myself, really shiny and smooth with revolving styler, takes few gos to get the hang of it properly and i run ghd over ends of hair for literally two mins and its perfect :D at last at last at last lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 lightglow

I ordered mine off Amazon today, £35. Hope it's as good as everyone says! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭mylittlepony

Is the ByBliss Root Boost any good for volume or the Big Hair brush better?
    fine flyaway natural straight hair.
    I want volume, waves and curls. Can the brush do that.
    The last Bybliss product I bought was the curling wand, it took pratice, pateince and time/effort but still not 100% happy with it.
    Wish shops could demo or even if hairdressers use them and sell them in their shops instead of retails, but i know cant for hygeine reasons :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

I tried my moms last night, I wasn't expecting much but I was amazed! It was the revolving one and even though my hair goes straight anywhere near a hairdryer it had the nicest curled ends. Definity want one! It took so little time too

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭filo87

Has anyone seen these in Cork? It's out of stock in all 3 Argos stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭cc-offe

too late for christmas but if you want one afterwards then just make a list of all the small chemists and electrical shops near you and send them an email, i did this the other day expecting it to be hard to get one as all the big shops had sold out, sent the email to around 20 shops and around 15 of them emailed back and said they had them!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

I want this so bad :( afraid to buy it isnt in case it doesnt work , its a lot of money to be spending when your broke!

I want this so bad :( afraid to buy it isnt in case it doesnt work , its a lot of money to be spending when your broke!

Do you have a hickeys pharmacy near you? I got mine in there for €47 on christmas eve and it is AMAAAAZING!

cc-offe wrote: »
    Do you have a hickeys pharmacy near you? I got mine in there for €47 on christmas eve and it is AMAAAAZING!

hmmm im gonna go see is there one local, thanks for the tip, ive decided I need it in my life:D gonna use some money I got for christmas to treat myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

how much is this in boots & do they do student discount on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭detoxkid

My sister got this for Christmas so I gave it a go- have to say I wouldn't bother buying it, very fiddly to use.

• Advertisement

managed to track one down eventually, I thought it was easy enough to use, love the results! need some practice using it though:D

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

Hi i have extremly thick curly hair wud it suit me?
    can it dry from wet? If my hair had 2b dry first i'd be a walking frizzbomb :S

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Gillsha

I don't have curly hair so not sure about that, but you dry your hair with a hairdryer until its nearly dry and then use this to finish off the styling.

foundry wrote: »
    Hi i have extremly thick curly hair wud it suit me?
    can it dry from wet? If my hair had 2b dry first i'd be a walking frizzbomb :S

I have thick curly hair and I have no problems with it.
    It does take practice though, and you need to take small sections at a time to ensure you get the hair smooth.
    At times I'll go back 20 minutes later to give it the once over again once it has settled a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

I just bought this based on all the great reviews. I'm very skeptical when it comes to things like this because of YEARS of crazy frizzy hair and only the GHD being able to tame it.

This is amazing. It's like I just came out of the hairdressers. My hair is really layered and it looks fantastic as I did it in sections and it's now like a big bouncy curly blow dry. Love it and WELL worth the money. I don't see myself needing to go to the hair dressers for a blow dry anymore as this gives me the exact same results, if not better because I can control it exactly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭unepetite

I'm embarrassed to admit I bought one of these on a whim about a month ago, gave it a go, and could not figure out which button to be pressing at what time at all.....my hair just kept getting eaten up by the brush.......so it has stayed in the drawer since. I tried watching online videos and everything, but when it comes to hair "styling" I can just about straighten it :(

unepetite wrote: »
    I'm embarrassed to admit I bought one of these on a whim about a month ago, gave it a go, and could not figure out which button to be pressing at what time at all.....my hair just kept getting eaten up by the brush.......so it has stayed in the drawer since. I tried watching online videos and everything, but when it comes to hair "styling" I can just about straighten it :(

How long is you hair? The way to use it to make sure it's going anti clockwise and when you're trying to dry and style the lengths you start up near the top, let the big hair brush 'grip' your hair and then kind of pull the brush down slowly, only let the brush kind of 'eat up' your hair if you want volume near the roots or if you're stying the ends and curling in or out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 lightglow

I've been using mine for nearly 2 weeks now and I absolutely love it! I can usually only do my hair in one style, which is blowdrying it srtaight and slightly frizzy but this leaves my hair looking like the hairdresser did it, like a curly blowdry. Can't recommend it highly enough!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

Bought this in boots last week (€59.99, down to €53.99 with student travelcard).

Just used it for the second time, couldn't get the hang of it the first!

It seems very good, my hair feels light and bouncy! But I do have very thick hair, so it took quite a while to do all of it..

Just wondering if there is any way to straighten the ends of the hair with this, right now they're flicked out in all directions? Or will i have to go to the GHD for that ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

PlayGirl wrote: »

Just wondering if there is any way to straighten the ends of the hair with this, right now they're flicked out in all directions? Or will i have to go to the GHD for that ?

I too wonder this.

Advertisement