Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Single Mortgage

• 12-12-2018 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭

Would I qualify for a single mortgage? I currently have a joint mortgage for a property for €174000 since 2010 property is now worth avg €240000 Any profits would be split 50/50 but in principle would be the only available funds to me as a deposit. I earn avg €35000 pa and have no dependents.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Would I qualify for a single mortgage? I currently have a joint mortgage for a property for €174000 since 2010 property is now worth avg €240000 Any profits would be split 50/50 but in principle would be the only available funds to me as a deposit. I earn avg €35000 pa and have no dependents.

You could probably borrow 122,500 (3.5 rule).

Mortgage remaining probably 140k I'm guessing ?

Leaves you a 50k deposit, so if you've paid your mortgage on time every time and have no other loans you may get approval for a purchase up to 162k or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

How much of a mortgage would you be looking for?

No record of savings may go against you but it would be worth talking to a broker

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭ladyjuicy08

Something under €200000 if possible due to personal circumstances my current living situation has changed so don't have any saving as wasn't expecting to have to sell Would love to stay here if thought the bank would let me take on the mortgage myself or other option would be selling and buying something by myself

Advertisement