Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dublin Bus looking for Drivers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

I just hope the situation in Bus Eireann improves.

If things continue to get worse, Dublin bus are going to have a steady supply of experienced drivers desperate for work to pick from.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Vic_08

I just hope the situation in Bus Eireann improves.

If things continue to get worse, Dublin bus are going to have a steady supply of experienced drivers desperate for work to pick from.

I would be surprised if some BE drivers weren't considering transferring over, as CIE employees they have a right to apply for any group job and transfer keeping their years of service, they would have to join as a junior but on full pay for their BE service years. Even if DB didn't want to take them on they'd have a hard job justifying a refusal.

It is probably a geography thing as much as anything else, the 4 day week wouldn't be attractive to many either also with BE Dublin being mainly PSO duties the current nonsense may not be too disruptive there.

They are also very different jobs, it used to be that in the summer lots of DB drivers would temporarily transfer to Broadstone and do a few months as spare. Some hated it and went straight back, others preferred it and put in for permanent positions as soon as they came up.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Lola7301

liger wrote: »
    The communication still lacks a bit. Shame as some people might have an offer elsewhere to consider.

See Luas are looking for drivers...!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 dawid niedzwiadek

hi. is here anyone starting in phibsboro training center this monday (16.01)?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 liz_dow

Hey guys ,

My hubby has gotten a job 😀 but i can't find any info online of what (or if 😣) the wages are like during the 6 weeks training ? Panicking a small bit and of course he forgot to ask

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 dubkinrobby

liz_dow wrote: »
    Hey guys ,

My hubby has gotten a job 😀 but i can't find any info online of what (or if 😣) the wages are like during the 6 weeks training ? Panicking a small bit and of course he forgot to ask

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Remy3

580 euro while doing the 6 week training I'm in it at the moment

Remy3 wrote: »
    580 euro while doing the 6 week training I'm in it at the moment

How are you finding the training?

It's very very good , I'm 3 weeks into it now and I love it, haven't done my test yet

Thanks guys , I feel so much better now ! This job is a pay cut but has long term growth which his current job doesn't so it's a bit nerve-wracking and is very exciting at the same time .

• Advertisement

It's very very good , I'm 3 weeks into it now and I love it, haven't done my test yet

Hi Remy.im starting next Monday.do you have to do a back week.thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 38 girlo1111

Hi yep you have to do back week you will start monday and following Thursday week your wages be in your account

Jenod1111 wrote: »
    Hi yep you have to do back week you will start monday and following Thursday week your wages be in your account

As in start on the 1st and get paid on the 11th ?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 girlo1111

liz_dow wrote: »
    As in start on the 1st and get paid on the 11th ?

Yep

Jenod1111 wrote: »

Thanks jenod

Hi yes it's a back week ,

Hi yes it's a back week ,

That 580 is gross wage, I know everyone's tax credits vary slightly but what's the average net pay after tax? I'm going as a single person with the usual tax credits ...

Lola7301 wrote: »
    That 580 is gross wage, I know everyone's tax credits vary slightly but what's the average net pay after tax? I'm going as a single person with the usual tax credits ...

http://services.deloitte.ie/tc/

Best of luck to anyone starting training this week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 maxi61

Is anyone who has been offered jobs having difficulty getting P45 from previous employer.
    My letter offering me appointment ask for me to bring in P45 on first day but as I don't officially come off the payroll of my previous employment until day before I think I may have problems getting this for my start date.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

Would this be a popular posting or more for people close to retiring/don't have the energy or time for full time work?

Just curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 dawid niedzwiadek

maxi61 wrote: »
    Is anyone who has been offered jobs having difficulty getting P45 from previous employer.
    My letter offering me appointment ask for me to bring in P45 on first day but as I don't officially come off the payroll of my previous employment until day before I think I may have problems getting this for my start date.

It's no problem If you won't have p45 with you on first day. It will only affect your credit tax. You'll be on emergency tax credit until you'll bring it. After that you'll get it all back.

Thanks Dawid hope all gone well with you😊

Thanks Dawid hope all gone well with you😊

Ring revenue and give them the Dublin bus reg number that's all you need

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭085andym

When did u do your medical?

085andym wrote: »

I did mine at the very end of September I starting Monday hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭085andym

maxi61 wrote:

Thanks. I did mine very end of November so I could still be waiting a while

085andym wrote: »

How's things Andy.i think I did my medical mid November.so about 2 month's ago

I'm starting Monday to, so il see you in the training centre.😊

• Advertisement

I'm starting Monday to, so il see you in the training centre.😊

See you Monday look forward to meeting you😀

Advertisement