Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Chinese Meetup Group in Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

I joined yesterday. Great idea.

Steven

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭flybynight

There's also already a Dublin Chinese language & culture meetup group that's been running for a couple of years. Meets every 2 weeks on a wednesday evening and also arranges other events like chinese dinners/breakfasts, days out etc. The regular meetup usually has about 20-30 people everytime - good mix of native chinese and those learning chinese or just interested in chinese culture.

It used to be on meetup.com but I think it lapsed as everyone was signing up for events on facebook. Here's the link to the group:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/47683461802/?ref=ts

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

We also have a China forum on boards.ie that discusses Chinese culture:

See link: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=914

• Registered Users Posts: 10 MsEmmaLouise

Hello everyone my name is Emma as you can probably tell. I am nearly 23 years old. My mother is Irish and my father is Chinese. My father only saw me once when I was born and never saw me after that. As far as I know he could be in Dublin. Last I heard he is married and has a family. His name is Kevin Cheung or Kevin Chow??? He used to work in Azzis Restaurant in Dundalk, Co. Louth. He had a friend called Sammy Lau??Bosses Ken Lam or Kam Lam?? Last in Dundalk around 1990 I think. My mothers name is Rebecca so if you know someone at one of these groups who perhaps fit this description please contact me here. I have been looking for him for quite a while now and have had no luck so far. i am engaged to be married in 2016 and would like to find him before that happens and introduce him to my fiance and meet his family too. Please if anyone knows anything let me know. If you could spread it among friends and ask them to ask their friends also if anything sounds familiar. Please get in touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭s982102

Hello everyone my name is Emma as you can probably tell. I am nearly 23 years old. My mother is Irish and my father is Chinese. My father only saw me once when I was born and never saw me after that. As far as I know he could be in Dublin. Last I heard he is married and has a family. His name is Kevin Cheung or Kevin Chow??? He used to work in Azzis Restaurant in Dundalk, Co. Louth. He had a friend called Sammy Lau??Bosses Ken Lam or Kam Lam?? Last in Dundalk around 1990 I think. My mothers name is Rebecca so if you know someone at one of these groups who perhaps fit this description please contact me here. I have been looking for him for quite a while now and have had no luck so far. i am engaged to be married in 2016 and would like to find him before that happens and introduce him to my fiance and meet his family too. Please if anyone knows anything let me know. If you could spread it among friends and ask them to ask their friends also if anything sounds familiar. Please get in touch.

Sorry to hear your story. A member in the largest Chinese community forum has copied the information there. So hopefully this could help you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 MsEmmaLouise

thanks so much for all your help everyone! really hope this works! :)

thanks so much for all your help everyone! really hope this works! :)

No problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

s982102 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear your story. A member in the largest Chinese community forum has copied the information there. So hopefully this could help you.

Just out of interest what is the forum you are referring to?

is it the http://www.0086.ie/portal.php site?

Just out of interest what is the forum you are referring to?

is it the http://www.0086.ie/portal.php site?

Yeah, that is the one.

Advertisement