Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Photobuddies thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭colblimp

This is a great idea. I'd really like to take some photos of a derelict building near Cork but I'm reluctant to go on my own. Anyone interested?

Sounds interesting, any more details?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

This is a great idea. I'd really like to take some photos of a derelict building near Cork but I'm reluctant to go on my own. Anyone interested?

Love to join you as well depending on time/date..
    Let me know if you're going to try to arrange something.
    (And stay away from that Colblimp fella if he suggests a midnight stroll... :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Queen of Pots

I'll have to learn how to turn on the 'notify' aspect of these forums. Sorry...didn't see your replies till now.

The building is a college in Baile Mhuirne - I stayed there a couple of years ago (a *good* couple of years ago) :o. I've seen a few photos of it on the web and I've no idea how easy it is to get into. If there were a few of us interested in going it would be great. If the worst comes to the worst we can build a human pyramid or something. ;)

Thinking of maybe next Sunday week - that would be the 20th? Would that suit anybody?

(No midnight noobs....sorry and thanks! :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Lagnagoushee

I hope to travel to Co Clare for 2 or 3 days in early June. During that time I wish to spend a full day taking photographs in The Burren area. I would be obliged if someone can give me suggestions as to routes to follow, places to get the best pics, even accommodation in the area. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,671 ✭✭✭✭phog

I hope to travel to Co Clare for 2 or 3 days in early June. During that time I wish to spend a full day taking photographs in The Burren area. I would be obliged if someone can give me suggestions as to routes to follow, places to get the best pics, even accommodation in the area. Thanks in advance.

Not sure about accomodation but the one and only time I stayed in West Clare was in a B&B in Ballyvaughan.

As for photographs - what are you into?

There's a "Green Road" that runs from Ballinalackin Castle to Ballyvaughan, it does take vehicular traffic for some of the route but some of it is by foot too, some great photo opportunites along that route.

Off the top of my head these are worth a visit:

Poulnabrone Dolmen.
    Ailwee caves
    Caherconnell Fort
    Blackhead and the fort on top
    Caher River and the Khyber Pass
    Doolin
    There's a castle out the N67 on the left, down by the coast, the road that B&B is on.
    You have miles and miles of coastline, rock formations and beaches.

Edited to add - some of my photo's from around the Burren and a link to "Clare Through the Lens" thread over on the Clare forums

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Fujiguy

Anyone in Walkinstown? im a novice myself but wont bug you with questions, have a small car for local travel, will try add myself to the map!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

Details put up on map,Co.Clare

Clinton

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭jonnybangbang

Hiya, I've added myself to the map with contact details on twitter ( @jonnybangbang) . i'm new to photography and just need to get out and do some practice with the camera and am available any evening and most weekends . if anything just for the company and to compare results of the shoot.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Strawberry Swan

I am an experienced amateur photographer living near Croke Park. I've added myself to the map. I would like to take photos nearby (Clontarf, city centre, phoenix park etc) which I can reach on my bike or meeting up with someone with a car and travel further afield. I'm particularly interested in taking landscape shots by moonlight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Only just seeing this now . Added myself to the map too , in finglas , free most evenings bar weekends or college nights ( :( ) ... Willing to get a bus to meet with people or to help pay for petrol for a trip elsewhere with those who have a car. Mainly interested in Weather , landscape and night-time photography. @hurricanesart on twitter for those who wish to contact me. If its a stormy day i can help with basic weather information and whats best to capture nature's best :).

Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/41948286@N02/ :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Strawberry Swan

You have taken some amazing storm photos alright! I'd be up for going out with ya sometime to take advantage of your expertise.:)
    Here are my flickr photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/7270471@N07/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭dinneenp

call me stupid but how do I add a placemarker?

You have taken some amazing storm photos alright! I'd be up for going out with ya sometime to take advantage of your expertise.:)
    Here are my flickr photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/7270471@N07/

Thanks, most of them are from my chase trips to america :) If any good storm potential day is on the horizon i'll be sure to post here or message you. :)
    dinneenp wrote: »

I had the same problem ... Click Edit and then u can drop a place marker , when you drop that marker you can change the icon to your preferred choice and the title being ur username on here and then ur details . :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Phil Taz

Just added myself, Located in Ballymun Northside of Dublin! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,671 ✭✭✭✭phog

dinneenp wrote: »

Well I'm your twin :o I didn't even realsie that there was a map until the other evening and then I couldn't add my tag.
    Iancar29 wrote: »
    I had the same problem ... Click Edit and then u can drop a place marker , when you drop that marker you can change the icon to your preferred choice and the title being ur username on here and then ur details . :)

Thanks for the tips.

Ok, I'm up and running for trips in the midwest mainly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

Just stuck myself down. Based in cork city and wouldn't mind a bit of company shooting some time.

Stuck myself on the map a few pages back,would consider myself a bit of a novice but anxious to learn,bought a Bridge (the camera type that is) a few weeks ago with full manual functionality and won the camera in the Electric Ireland competition and need some guidance,in Clare/limerick area.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 meenaghans

Just stuck myself on the map there am based around belmullet and am free most evenings.

I mostly take landscape photos but also have an interest in taking portraits.

Hey people..

For those interested in Some landscape / weather photography , theres a chance of some thundery showers on Wednesday , i dont have a car but willing to help pay for petrol if anyone with one is interested. On the map in North Dublin and dont mind getting a bus to meet with people first.

Could be some nice cloudscapes if all goes well..

heres my post in the weather forum.. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79980484&postcount=1849

Will update later this evening as the models are still topsy turning on where / how good the potential will be .

Ian :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

hey ian, next time you are in north county dublin, give me a shout! that goes for anyone else in the lusk/brig/skerries/rush area!
    would be cool to maybe organise an outing in the area sometime

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭red_0007

Additional hint for anyone trying to add themselves on the map - you need to be logged in to a google account in order to make the edits.
    (Took me ages to figure that one out!)

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭steoc

Hi i am heading to Cork City tomorrow for the weekend with the Mrs.
    She will be doing a bit of shopping on Saturday.
    Does anyone want to meet up for a few hours on the Saturday to take a few shots in or around the City?
    Cheers,
    Steoc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭mumof2

Better late than never! Have added myself, but seems Im the only one in West Cork??!!:(

Im hoping to get out and practice L.E but don't like going out on my own after dark tbh.

Mainly shoot landscape/coastal scenery.:D Weekends good or Mornings when kids are in school!!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I'm late to this too but just added myself to the map. I'm near Stillorgan and always keen to find photo buddies. I need more practice and its nice to have others to take pix with. Let me know if anyone wants to join!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Zascar wrote: »
    I'm late to this too but just added myself to the map. I'm near Stillorgan and always keen to find photo buddies. I need more practice and its nice to have others to take pix with. Let me know if anyone wants to join!

I'm near Stillorgan too and also need a kick to get out there more.. so if ever you want an evening photowalk - shout!

Disclaimer - I am mad busy at the moment, but still worth pinging me if you're thinking of something!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Great, I just sent you a PM. Anyone else want to join?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭mumof2

Boo hoo - no one near me!!!! :(

Oh well, all the more reason to be sooooo excited about my first Boards Photowalk on Launch day of the Photobook!!!!!;):D:D

Hi all

Put my name up a while back,had a crap camera then and have just bought a DSLR and looking for a photo buddy in Limerick/Shannon/Ennis area
    Subject doesnt bother me,just wanting to get hands on with it.

Give me a shout if interested.

Clinton

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭niteclubbecks

I'm based in Dublin City.
    Looking for a photo buddy.

Anyone close by?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 ciars84

I have just added myself to the map. I am in North Dublin but spend alot of time in Ashbourne. I am willing to travel especially to join anyone interested in night photography (stars etc..) I am also interested in landscapes, long exposure, sea scapes etc... Always looking for new ideas and some company!

Advertisement