Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Good spots for landscape photography in and around Limerick City?

Options
  • 09-05-2016 11:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭

My photography resolution this year is to break away from portraits (which I am semi decent at) and experiment with landscape photography (which I am as of yet useless at :o ). I'm fairly busy at the moment though so travelling long distances is not an option. I already have a few ideas: Shannon bridge/King John's castle/ the river and city at night etc but would love if anyone would share some good locations. Also, what acessories are indispensable to landscape photography?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

I was going to throw a website together which have a list of all the best places to take porous around the country, but finally found out, check out http://www.panoramio.com.

As for accessories, if you're just starting out, like everything else, start with the basics, with what you have, and move up if you like it.
    If you like it then look into filters, grad filters, nd, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Oh that website is brilliant thanks :D Yeah I've already got a tripod and an ok lens. Need to invest in a few filters though. I was thinking of buying one of those cheap wide angle/macro attachments but not sure if they notably reduce image quality or not (I would imagine they do?).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

If you are planing night time shoots a cable release is really useful to help reduce camera shake. Along the river by UL and the Living bridge is nice.

15/20 minute drive of limerick you have some lovely spots. Cratloe, Curraghchase, Woodcock hill, Clare Glens, Caslteconnell, Adare ect.

Advertisement