Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

A true story about me. (Memories)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

looksee wrote: »
    You are only just back for heavens sake! :D

well you never know when you might need a bolt hole do you? :D

And then there was the time I went shopping without my glasses on a warm day, in a supermarket (aldi) I went with my girlfriend. I have said it was a warm day and the aldi was hot inside so I went and bought myself a carton of milk and also one for the girlfriend too. At any event ater the groceries were paid for I went outside and presented a fresh carton of milk to my young lady, with a happy sort of pride, she asked me why. I explained that it was to help,if she was thirsty. she burst out laughing and made me look at the carton and I could make out a word that said milk. she laughed all the harder and pointed out she was not a cat. Then she let me use her reading glasses. I made out a picture if a black and white cow which it was not it was a black and white cat. I had bought two cartons of cat's milk for kittens...… dear lord I will never live that down. especially as we don't have even a whisker of a cat between us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

A. I've never heard of a supermarket selling Cat's milk, so learned something new today.

B. You're a real charmer. A carton of milk for the good lady.

C. I'd never think of a carton of milk on the go.

You never cease to amaze and amuse me. Thank you.

A. I've never heard of a supermarket selling Cat's milk, so learned something new today.

B. You're a real charmer. A carton of milk for the good lady.

C. I'd never think of a carton of milk on the go.

You never cease to amaze and amuse me. Thank you.

thank heaven she looked at it before we tried it :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Don't worry Rube, it's just overpriced, lactose-free milk with added fish and vegetable oils. Your fur will be sssoooo glossy, you'll look purrrfect in time for Christmas! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

We'd can get him a ball of wool for Christmas.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Cheap skate, splash out on some catnip, at least! :D

mistakes like this could happen to anyone, at least I am not the Mr Bean that Colette thinks I am. :)

Rubecula wrote: »
    mistakes like this could happen to anyone...:)

Eh, no actually.

mistakes like this could happen to anyone, at least I am not the Mr Bean that Colette thinks I am. :)

Just to be on the safe side, DO NOT touch any paper bag if you're on a plane. Trust me.

• Advertisement

New Home wrote: »
    Just to be on the safe side, DO NOT touch any paper bag if you're on a plane. Trust me.
    :pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I'm really sorry you gave me that vision!! Away with you! Ugh! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Interesting as I bought some long life lactose free milk i n LIDL as they had run out of the UHT I keep in stock.. Tasted fine and also was good for my cats

The stuff they sell in small bottles for cats has a few extra ingredients compared to the one aimed at humans, Graces. :)
    Ingredients: Milk, Water, Nonfat Dry Milk, Malt Extract, Trisodium Phosphate, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Guar Gum, Corn Syrup Solids, Lactase, Taurine, Carrageenan, Sodium Caseinate, Mono and Diglycerides, Dextrose

o have been buying goat milk recently too

The stuff they sell in small bottles for cats has a few extra ingredients compared to the one aimed at humans, Graces. :)

Well yes but they say cats are lactose intolerant so it is the absence.. . My mob are very well fed and need no extras ;) They are postiviely bouncing and glowing with good health, especially the two new small ones.... Heaven help me and th eolder cats if they got any more lively :eek:
    I honestly do not think cats in general are lactose intoleranr anyways...

When I lived on a North Sea island I had a goat called Poppy and never had but her milk all those years.. made cheese too sometimes.

I wish you well with it Rube. We were, more or less, brought up on it and I never liked it. My grandmother's goats were demons too; would eat the clothes on the line and were more stubborn than any mule.

Graces7 wrote: »
    When I lived on a North Sea island I had a goat called Poppy and never had but her milk all those years.. made cheese too sometimes.

I never had goats cheese before the holiday I mentioned previously, I had it toasted while there … sadly my OH did not appreciate the malodorous effects it had on my digestive system in the night … hence when I woke up in the morning I was alone with all the windows wide open :D:D:D

I never had goats cheese before the holiday I mentioned previously, I had it toasted while there … sadly my OH did not appreciate the malodorous effects it had on my digestive system in the night … hence when I woke up in the morning I was alone with all the windows wide open :D:D:D

Thanks Rube. Another darned memory I didn't need! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

well that was a bit insane .

I had expected a nice quiet holiday period with my loved ones over Christmas but you know by now what I expect and what I get are usually mutually exclusive. and so it proved to be/

Last year I was ill for Christmas and had to come home early. Thus year I was not going to be affected by the same thing again. No pain in my right leg was going to stop me enjoying myself this year I even had an invite to a party. Well the good news is my right leg didn't. My left leg however.... GRRRRRR

just to make things a tad worse of course my car hit a pothole at speed on the Christmas eve when I was travelling to the arms of my loving family. my phone didn't work and I ended up on a dark country lane destroyed front wheel and all.

I had to wait nearly three hours for a mechanic to help me it was Christmas eve after all. got to the city in the early hours and cursed my luck. The following week I finally git new tyres and wheel on the car nut the car has all sorts of electric sensors on it and they were also damaged and so needed replacing . I had to wait until after new year.

the party? well, we were both too ill to go/ Christmas turkey? what is that? we had beans on toast. but overall it was a great big waste of time. :(

well that was a bit insane .

I had expected a nice quiet holiday period with my loved ones over Christmas but you know by now what I expect and what I get are usually mutually exclusive. and so it proved to be/

Last year I was ill for Christmas and had to come home early. Thus year I was not going to be affected by the same thing again. No pain in my right leg was going to stop me enjoying myself this year I even had an invite to a party. Well the good news is my right leg didn't. My left leg however.... GRRRRRR

just to make things a tad worse of course my car hit a pothole at speed on the Christmas eve when I was travelling to the arms of my loving family. my phone didn't work and I ended up on a dark country lane destroyed front wheel and all.

I had to wait nearly three hours for a mechanic to help me it was Christmas eve after all. got to the city in the early hours and cursed my luck. The following week I finally git new tyres and wheel on the car nut the car has all sorts of electric sensors on it and they were also damaged and so needed replacing . I had to wait until after new year.

the party? well, we were both too ill to go/ Christmas turkey? what is that? we had beans on toast. but overall it was a great big waste of time. :(
    :D At least you're still in the land of the living. I was starting to fear you'd left us for good.

All I can say is; if it's going to happen to anybody it'll be Rubes.

And at least this time there were no motorbikes involved.... or were there? :D

(Welcome back and happy new year, Rube. :))

Poor Rube, even your legs are plotting against you! Face the new year with the knowledge that you survived 2018 and now you can fight back......have a greater 2019!

may I just say happy new year to you all have a free hug ticket on me :)

may I just say happy new year to you all have a free hug ticket on me :)

and back at you from the windy isle...

To continue with the life and tribulations of being me Last Tuesday evening I wanted a nice hot cuppa annoyingly I got to the fridge and found I had no milk left. "Sid it" thinks me I had just time to get to the local shop before it shut So off I set. I beetled around the shop bought my milk (or at least put it in the basket) Then as the girls said I had a few minutes I went and added a few other items to the Load.

Right That will do for me think and headed for the till. OMG I had no wallet with me. I felt mortified I had kept the poor girls over to wait for me and now I had come out without my money. I had no option but to apologise profusely and put the goods back on the shelves the girls were very kind though.

So I left the shop still dying for a cuppa. Tea Coffee anything would have done. Anyway I went home picked up my wallet from the coffee table And decided that it would be possible if I was to drive I could get to the Spar in the next village and be back in time for the telly I wanted to see

Al seemed to be going fine then ….. Until I reached the slip road to the dual carriageway. (A55 if these detals are important to you) Anyway unbeknown to me the temp had dropped alarmingly And I hit a patch of black ice.

The car skidded and hit the Armco barrier denting the side and the front wing which I had just had repaired under the insurance. I was fed up and came home / I was also a bit shaken up. In fact I was so shaken up I had not realised I had banged my head on the car door in the bump.

Later o in bed I woke up to a blinding headache and a feeling of being unwell. I put on the light and found I couldn't see out of one eye. "OMG I am aving a stroke" I think so I Phoned the ambulance right away … No Says the para medic you are not having a stroke (You may have already had minor stroke though) go see thee doctor tomorrow. Oh and here are a couple of paracetomol for the headache.

So to cut a long story short I am now sitting here unable to see out ogf one eye I did go to the doctors and they sent m to the hospital for the check ups and it was only then I remembered I my have banged my head in the incident. I have some eyedrops to help with the pain and possible infection and I gi=o back on Thursday. But now everybody and his dog wants t see me and needs me to do things for them And frankly I can not see wnything at all so I ask you folks to forgive any typos on the screen

by the way I consider myself to be lucky there were a dozen or more incidents tht night on the same patch of road and in one of them there was a 5 car pile up

To continue with the life and tribulations of being me Last Tuesday evening I wanted a nice hot cuppa annoyingly I got to the fridge and found I had no milk left. "Sid it" thinks me I had just time to get to the local shop before it shut So off I set. I beetled around the shop bought my milk (or at least put it in the basket) Then as the girls said I had a few minutes I went and added a few other items to the Load.

Right That will do for me think and headed for the till. OMG I had no wallet with me. I felt mortified I had kept the poor girls over to wait for me and now I had come out without my money. I had no option but to apologise profusely and put the goods back on the shelves the girls were very kind though.

So I left the shop still dying for a cuppa. Tea Coffee anything would have done. Anyway I went home picked up my wallet from the coffee table And decided that it would be possible if I was to drive I could get to the Spar in the next village and be back in time for the telly I wanted to see

Al seemed to be going fine then ….. Until I reached the slip road to the dual carriageway. (A55 if these detals are important to you) Anyway unbeknown to me the temp had dropped alarmingly And I hit a patch of black ice.

The car skidded and hit the Armco barrier denting the side and the front wing which I had just had repaired under the insurance. I was fed up and came home / I was also a bit shaken up. In fact I was so shaken up I had not realised I had banged my head on the car door in the bump.

Later o in bed I woke up to a blinding headache and a feeling of being unwell. I put on the light and found I couldn't see out of one eye. "OMG I am aving a stroke" I think so I Phoned the ambulance right away … No Says the para medic you are not having a stroke (You may have already had minor stroke though) go see thee doctor tomorrow. Oh and here are a couple of paracetomol for the headache.

So to cut a long story short I am now sitting here unable to see out ogf one eye I did go to the doctors and they sent m to the hospital for the check ups and it was only then I remembered I my have banged my head in the incident. I have some eyedrops to help with the pain and possible infection and I gi=o back on Thursday. But now everybody and his dog wants t see me and needs me to do things for them And frankly I can not see wnything at all so I ask you folks to forgive any typos on the screen
    by the way I consider myself to be lucky there were a dozen or more incidents tht night on the same patch of road and in one of them there was a 5 car pile up

Jesus, Rube... that's terrifying!!! I'd go to the A&E if I were you, Thursday is a long way away... Be well, and stay clear of milk of any kind, it doesn't seem to be any good to you. :(:/

• Advertisement

Jesus, Rube... that's terrifying!!! I'd go to the A&E if I were you, Thursday is a long way away... Be well, and stay clear of milk of any kind, it doesn't seem to be any good to you. :(:/
    you think it is terrifying you really should see it from my side lol oh hang on even I can't see it lol lol

Advertisement