Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What baler out there suitable for a case 885xl? Non chopper prefably??

• 16-01-2021 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Well lads

I am looking a round baler for my case 885xl for my own use.
    I have a drum mower and haybob.
    Twine or net doesn't bother me.
    Welger/krone/claas
    What non chopper balers are out there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Be better to post this in the Farming section..

• Registered Users Posts: 5 barry1055xl

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Be better to post this in the Farming section..

Thanks how do I do that? I had tried to get in a different section and it said loddy closed

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Click on the button "Topics"
    Click on "Society and Culture"
    Now click on "Farming and Forestry"
    There are general chat threads, machinery threads, sheep etc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,007 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I can move it to Farming & Forestry

• Registered Users Posts: 5,957 ✭✭✭emaherx

Well lads

I am looking a round baler for my case 885xl for my own use.
    I have a drum mower and haybob.
    Twine or net doesn't bother me.
    Welger/krone/claas
    What non chopper balers are out there?

I assume you are looking for an old baler?

I run a class 46 on an MF 390T, it's a reliable simple baler with low HP requirements. There are a few versions with wide or narrow pickups. Narrow pickup would suit following rows from a haybob.

Net was an option on them too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,260 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

As above, it’s an old baler you want I assume?

RP12s or RP200 Welger narrow pick up would be within the Case’s limits.

Can be frustrating things to use though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lab man

Get a class 46 they are really trouble free if u do buy one bring it to an engineer and get grease nipples put on the bearings as they are a 6206 bearing on the non chain side same bearing as a icon fertiliser spreader . Also theres a pressure block up near a plastic wheel near the net system the spring can be weak in it either buy a new block or put pennies in it tho strengthen the spring to make a more solid bale

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭einn32

lab man wrote: »
    Get a class 46 they are really trouble free if u do buy one bring it to an engineer and get grease nipples put on the bearings as they are a 6206 bearing on the non chain side same bearing as a icon fertiliser spreader . Also theres a pressure block up near a plastic wheel near the net system the spring can be weak in it either buy a new block or put pennies in it tho strengthen the spring to make a more solid bale

Yeah I ran one years ago on a Case 895 tractor. It was a good set up and the tractor never struggled.

I worked a rp12 years ago it grand but it didn't like damp grass. I remember it sticking to rollers.

Yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,260 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

I worked a rp12 years ago it grand but it didn't like damp grass. I remember it sticking to rollers.

Talc powder on the rollers does prevent that.

I always found the narrow pick up was more troublesome than the rollers!

I think baling is always better left to contractor unless one has a fully equipped workshop but everyone’s circumstances is different of course

Advertisement