Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Differed holiday

• 05-01-2021 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,034 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    So we had a holiday to Majorca booked for 2020 which is being deferred until July 8th.
    We had originally booked for 2 adults and 2 kids.
    We are now pregnant and due end of august/start of September.
    So questions are:
    Will we be allowed travel with coronavirus restrictions (I know this is crystal ball stuff but i said I’d ask.)
    Do we need to get a fit to fly letter off our gp to fly.
    Would be within our rights getting a full refund due to the holiday being deferred from last year?

Personally I’m not sure if it’s safe to travel in July with my wife expecting in early September, but I don’t know what the situation with regard to covid will be in July.
    My wife won’t be able to get the vaccine as she’s pregnant either.

Also I realise I’ve spelt deferred wrong!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Travel insurance ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,034 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Travel insurance ?

We have travel insurance alright but they aren’t paying out on covid cancellations so will they pay out on our own status changing after we booked the holiday? As in getting pregnant?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Depends on the policy .

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭AFK123

We had booked holiday last year before Covid happened and found out that wife was due a week after baby was due. We got letter from doctor that wife couldn't travel and insurance company refunded us full costs. You will need to check your policy but probably covered once you have doctor letter

AFK123 wrote: »
    We had booked holiday last year before Covid happened and found out that wife was due a week after baby was due. We got letter from doctor that wife couldn't travel and insurance company refunded us full costs. You will need to check your policy but probably covered once you have doctor letter

Great, thanks for that.
    Our policy is with aa so we’ll check that today.
    How does that work with the holiday company?
    Does aa pay us the total cost (less any excess applicable) and then look to get it back off the holiday company or is it a cost the aa just swallow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭AFK123

tom1ie wrote: »
    Great, thanks for that.
    Our policy is with aa so we’ll check that today.
    How does that work with the holiday company?
    Does aa pay us the total cost (less any excess applicable) and then look to get it back off the holiday company or is it a cost the aa just swallow?

Not an expert here but for us we made claim and got the flight money and non refundable deposit money for accommodation from insurance. My guess is it stops there and insurance company doesn't look for money back from holiday company and that's the cost of doing business

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

I would still go if the destination country is open and accepting tourists. July is only a few months away, I'm sure the situation will still be more or less the same , ie , tests on the way over and tests on the way back, simple as which is fair enough!

I would still go if the destination country is open and accepting tourists. July is only a few months away, I'm sure the situation will still be more or less the same , ie , tests on the way over and tests on the way back, simple as which is fair enough!

So we’ll be flying back past the 35wk mark so the airline will require a fit to fly cert.
    so to get a fit to fly cert we need a gp to sign off on the cert which Im not 100% sure if they do that.
    So the travel agent have confirmed they will refund minus the deposit, (which was 150x4) once we get confirmation that we can’t fly on medical grounds.
    I have contacted my travel insurance company multiple times by email and got automated responses every time as an answer.
    I have also rang them and was fobbed off on the phone by a person who hadn’t a clue what the answer was.

Advertisement