Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lego prices at Legoland UK

• 29-12-2020 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,713 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all

Just looking for some advice here. We're thinking of travelling to the UK once we're vaccinated and would like to bring the kids to Legoland

We all love lego, so I'm guessing it's fairly likely we won't escape without a lego set or two. I'm wondering how the prices compare to buying lego in the shops?

I know lego isn't cheap anywhere, but if they jack up the prices or anything in the park then I'd probably just try and avoid the park shop all together

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,337 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

It's not cheap

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

I found the park shop more expensive than stores or online

• Registered Users Posts: 10,713 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

It's not cheap

Is it ever? Not really expecting a discount, more wondering if it'd be safer to bypass the shop entirely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Is it ever? Not really expecting a discount, more wondering if it'd be safer to bypass the shop entirely

Haven't been myself, but I'd guess it's almost impossible to avoid the shop at places like this. You'll probably have to exit through the gift shop.

ozzy jr wrote: »
    Haven't been myself, but I'd guess it's almost impossible to avoid the shop at places like this. You'll probably have to exit through the gift shop.

Yeah that's the usual trick isn't it? So far I've managed to make sure the kids are so exhausted they're basically comatose by the time we get to the gift shop and just want to get to bed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,181 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Don’t exoect to have kids vaccinated before August.

If you stay in the resort hotels you can avoid the gift shops. It’s no cheaper than Smyths not much dearer

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Ennione

Legoland is fantastic. My kids loved it far more than Disney when they were young. As far as I can remember the prices in the gift shop were not much different to Lego prices anywhere. Ie Pricey, but not anymore so than anywhere else.

If you can get a deal in the Lego Hotel, it is wonderful, (actually the food was shocking), but the hotel rooms and facilities are first rate.

I hope you can get there in 2021!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I'd recommend the German Legoland (near Munich) if you want discounts; there is a parts shop there that actually is cheap. Sets not much cheaper than here if even. No requirement to speak German either, English is fine there or at the Danish one.

Ennione wrote: »
    Legoland is fantastic. My kids loved it far more than Disney when they were young. As far as I can remember the prices in the gift shop were not much different to Lego prices anywhere. Ie Pricey, but not anymore so than anywhere else.

If you can get a deal in the Lego Hotel, it is wonderful, (actually the food was shocking), but the hotel rooms and facilities are first rate.

I hope you can get there in 2021!

Me too, I think it's one that the adults can enjoy as well as the kids. Hopefully we'll be able to go at some point

• Registered Users Posts: 16 limez

You actually don't need to exit through the gift shop. So that's one thing. And you can take your own food in.

While your own kids might not be vaccinated, the UK may have good coverage earlier, but guess we shall see. Casually looking at it as an Easter option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,797 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

We have been to the German legoland (also ran by merlin) dozens of times and the shop there has almost everything exactly at recommended retail price.
    The one thing the legoland shop does have are special legoland only sets like the legoland train and a ninjago ride, plus some of the rarer sets like the Disney fairy castle or the vw camper van but they’d also be at full Lego prices

We have been to the German legoland (also ran by merlin) dozens of times and the shop there has almost everything exactly at recommended retail price.
    The one thing the legoland shop does have are special legoland only sets like the legoland train and a ninjago ride, plus some of the rarer sets like the Disney fairy castle or the vw camper van but they’d also be at full Lego prices

Lego train sets certainly sounds like a good reason to go there, I haven't seen many of those around for years :)

Advertisement