Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

holiday flights summer 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Booked Italy in June.

Had family and friends who went there in summer 2020 and all was ok, so it can only be better in summer 2021. If we have to take a test at both sides, that's fine. Italy is doing well with vaccinations and is heavily reliant on tourism.

5 months is a long time with covid.

5 months ago in Ireland and things were relatively normal with the country open and people holidaying around the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭brookers

Booked Italy in June.

Had family and friends who went there in summer 2020 and all was ok, so it can only be better in summer 2021. If we have to take a test at both sides, that's fine. Italy is doing well with vaccinations and is heavily reliant on tourism.

5 months is a long time with covid.

5 months ago in Ireland and things were relatively normal with the country open and people holidaying around the country.

If you book a holiday say in Italy or Greece, do you have to quarantine, do you have to be vaccinated, do you take a test. I heard this am that sicily is still in the red zone and nobody can leave their homes only for shopping and then the police check the cars for the shopping. They are also concerned about the rates of infection in ireland......I would be really nervous booking anything...

brookers wrote: »
    If you book a holiday say in Italy or Greece, do you have to quarantine, do you have to be vaccinated, do you take a test. I heard this am that sicily is still in the red zone and nobody can leave their homes only for shopping and then the police check the cars for the shopping. They are also concerned about the rates of infection in ireland......I would be really nervous booking anything...

Small refundable deposit paid and can get vouchers if flights are canceled. Great price. 2 + 2 for a week for less than 1,000

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

booking.com is searchable for "Free Cancellation" - zero risk option

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭brookers

Small refundable deposit paid and can get vouchers if flights are canceled. Great price. 2 + 2 for a week for less than 1,000

Would give my right arm to get away, sun, tavernas offering up lovely greek salad and sword fish, no work, no home schooling, no cooking 95 meals a day and snacks.....bliss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭JimmyChew

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/varadkar-says-mandatory-quarantine-will-probably-be-for-a-year-if-brought-in-1070313.html

The chances of getting a week or 2 away on cheap booze and tapas are starting to look very slim.
    A lot of resorts just won't survive this.

A very sad state of affairs.

• Site Banned Posts: 109 ✭✭Physicskid9

Have booked Portugal for April. Thirty euro flight so no problem cancelling if this thing isn't under control by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭mick087

Watching Prime Time yesterday i don't think foreign holidays will happen this year.
    Might be an idea to look for something at home.

mick087 wrote: »
    Watching Prime Time yesterday i don't think foreign holidays will happen this year.

Sick of it at this stage. If the government had of gotten the finger out and vaccinated the population quicker there's really no reason foreign holidays shouldn't have been possible this summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

mick087 wrote: »

The prices been asked for holiday homes are ludicrous, if people are unable to travel abroad this year , holiday home owners intend riding irish people with their prices.

• Advertisement

LuasSimon wrote: »
    The prices been asked for holiday homes are ludicrous, if people are unable to travel abroad this year , holiday home owners intend riding irish people with their prices.

That's not good.But i suspect your be right; the greed factor im sure will pay a part.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭dubrov

Flights might still be running but the country on the other side could be insisting on a quarantine. In that case, no refund

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭heffo500

Sick of it at this stage. If the government had of gotten the finger out and vaccinated the population quicker there's really no reason foreign holidays shouldn't have been possible this summer.

I think the problem is there is no enough vaccine available.

heffo500 wrote: »
    I think the problem is there is no enough vaccine available.

Yes could be a case of passport one hand and vaccine cert in the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

We just gave up any thoughts of going abroad or booking hotels.
    Have friends in Clare who fancy a couple of weeks in Dublin.
    We thought we might fancy a couple of weeks on the West coast for chance.
    So just going to swap houses for the two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Do you think we will be allowed to travel without quarantine if we have the vaccine?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I have a voucher from last year and I’m going in September/October as long as I have had the vaccine before then

The summer is a long way off. We've dropped a huge amount in a few weeks. This obsession with travel is just this week's / months focus, the mob will have moved onto the next 'culprit' in a week.

Asking people who have provided a negative test to quarantine is nonsense. If this was the best way, why don't we quarantine everyone who tests negative in the country.

So, the 148,566 people who tested NEGATIVE in Ireland in the past 7 days should be whisked off to Citywest by this logic!!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭JojoLoca

The summer is a long way off. We've dropped a huge amount in a few weeks. This obsession with travel is just this week's / months focus, the mob will have moved onto the next 'culprit' in a week.

Asking people who have provided a negative test to quarantine is nonsense. If this was the best way, why don't we quarantine everyone who tests negative in the country.

So, the 148,566 people who tested NEGATIVE in Ireland in the past 7 days should be whisked off to Citywest by this logic!!

Yeah, this seems to be a norm now to blame something else every couple of weeks. Now it's travel, earlier it was schools and teachers, Christmas shopping, restaurants etc. before that. They will move onto something else in a week or two.
    Last year there was a lot of talk about restriction free travel once you are vaccinated. Now they want to lock people up in the hotels, even with the negative test results and possibly vaccinated as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭JojoLoca

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    Do you think we will be allowed to travel without quarantine if we have the vaccine?

That's how they were selling it to the people last year, restrictions free travel once vaccinated, vaccine travel passports etc. Now, instead of planning for it, and for the slow reopening of everything while vaccines are being administered , they are threatening us with more restrictions. So for the moment it seems like the quarantine/self isolation will still apply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

A vaccine cert won't make a difference. You can still carry the virus so you pose as much risk to the country you visit as if you weren't vaccinated. The only thing is you wouldn't be a burden on their healthcare system.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭heffo500

Gael23 wrote: »
    My meter is in a box on the side of the house externally so the charger could go right beside it fo this was allowed

??

heffo500 wrote: »
    ??

Posted in wrong thread

• Registered Users Posts: 20,036 ✭✭✭✭neris

Due to go to Spain in March/April for 2 weeks to see my parents who are there for the foreseeable future and bored stupid with curfews and early nights but dont think we,ll be going if things here stay as they are. Due to go back in June for a wedding that was cancelled from last year and I can see it either been a very small wedding or not going ahead at all. The uncertainty in the last few days with garda checkpoints and the airport still open and planes flying doesnt make any sense

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Caranica wrote: »
    A vaccine cert won't make a difference. You can still carry the virus so you pose as much risk to the country you visit as if you weren't vaccinated. The only thing is you wouldn't be a burden on their healthcare system.

I guess that makes sense.
    If you have all these vaccinated people running around without a care in the world, spreading to people in a country where everyone hasnt been vaccinated it wouldnt be ideal for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

People on this thread booking holidays for April?!?

They are either incredibly stupid or incredibly selfish, or both.

It really does beggar belief.

davo2001 wrote: »

August/ September doesn’t seem far fetched though

• Registered Users Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Gael23 wrote: »
    August/ September doesn’t seem far fetched though

It didn't last year either and that didn't work out so well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

Really does look as if Foreign holidays are not possible this summer with so much red tape. Especially familys , how could you pay for 4 or 5 tests both sides and get fines on top of it .

• Advertisement

davo2001 wrote: »

How is it incredibly stupid? I bought a flight for 30 euro. If it's not appropriate to go I won't.

Advertisement