Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Xiaomi Fimi X8 SE 2020 gimbal problem

• 12-08-2020 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hello,

I received my drone 2 weeks ago and updated the software on the Fimi Navi 2020 app last week- at first I had one or two incidents where it said 'gimbal not ready' but I recalibrated the gimbal and it was fine at first.

But now I get the message 'gimbal not ready' every time when I start up, but when I try to recalibrate it, it gets to 45% then the message ''drone vibration detected, please keep it steady' and does not proceed beyond 45%.

I checked the IMU and it is ok, and I recalibrated the compass too but I cannot get the gimbal to work. The drone is only 2 weeks old and I have contacted fimi but so far no response.

Please help!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Hi, thanks for sharing this. I hadn't seen it before on the Fimi X8, although have seen similar issues on the previous Xiaomi Mi Drone. Unfortunately it sounds like a hardware issue on the gimbal, I would immediately contact the supplier and Fimi.

Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance, but I don't think there's an easy/quick fix.

To other Fimi users - Has anybody experienced similar gimbal issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Voky0077

Hello,

just got my brand new Fimi X8 SE 2020 with the same issue.
    I unboxed it and tried to calibrate the gimbal with an error either saying vibration detected or place the drone horizontally. It always stops at 45%.

Have you been able to fix the error or have you got any response from Fimi?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Voky0077

Voky0077 wrote: »
    Hello,

just got my brand new Fimi X8 SE 2020 with the same issue.
    I unboxed it and tried to calibrate the gimbal with an error either saying vibration detected or place the drone horizontally. It always stops at 45%.

Have you been able to fix the error or have you got any response from Fimi?

Since no one responded and someone would come across this issue as well, here is a result of my complaint:

I contacted Fimi, provided evidence of the issue (photos, video, BlackBox files).
    They offered that I can send the drone back to them, to China, and if they acknowledge the defect, they will repair the drone for free. And I would still have to pay for the shipping to China, but in this case, they will provide a new battery (aka 2nd). Otherwise, they can still repair it, but I would have to pay for the repair (and shipping, ofc).

So I agreed, packed the drone, sent it to China (shipping around 20 E from Europe). A few days after receipt of the shipment, they emailed me that they acknowledge the defect and repaired the drone for free, with new battery on the way.

Summary:
    I got repaired drone, 2nd battery and it cost me ~20E and a lot of patience.
    Their QC is not the best, but they were willing to help.

Hope it will help someone else in case of issues with the drone.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Tweaky

€ 20 to ship back to China is very good value. Can you share what company you shipped it with . Thanks

Advertisement