Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rebuilding Ireland home loan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭deise121

anyone else who have applied to waterford, how long was the wait for you? about 6 weeks ago i got an email stating the application was with the underwriter and would hear back in a number of weeks. so far, nothing yet

Does anyone else find it frustrating that the RI website lists a contact number, which tells you to use the online chat on the website, but the website doesn't have a chat function.

Why not just take the contact number down and tell people to contact their councils instead. Irritating.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Does anyone else find it frustrating that the RI website lists a contact number, which tells you to use the online chat on the website, but the website doesn't have a chat function.

Why not just take the contact number down and tell people to contact their councils instead. Irritating.

This is a weird thing - the website does have a chat function, but it only works on certain browsers/devices etc. I can't get it to work on my laptop at home but for some reason it works on my work PC?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cgxct

Did anyone else’s application take ages at the housing agency? It’s been nearly 6 weeks and Wicklow coco said they will update us when they hear anything but it seems to be dragging? Did anyone have a similar experience?

This is a weird thing - the website does have a chat function, but it only works on certain browsers/devices etc. I can't get it to work on my laptop at home but for some reason it works on my work PC?!

Can I ask how you've accessed it? On my desktop I've tried chrome and Firefox and on my Samsung phone I've used Samsungs browser and chrome. Hasn't shown up on any of those for me unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

It'll appear during office hours I think you'll find. When you're home they're home.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭rachaelf750

ED E wrote: »
    It'll appear during office hours I think you'll find. When you're home they're home.
    Check the bottom left on the screen, and change the functions to allow chat.

Check the bottom left on the screen, and change the functions to allow chat.

That's fixed it. I'm annoyed at them for making that 'off' by default, and annoyed at myself for never noticing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 janandbren

Does anyone know what to include with application if you are getting a gift from parents? We have 12% of purchase price ourselves but we are getting an additional gift of 25k from parents. Can we just include letters from them until drawdown? We may not need the 25 by drawdown as we will have saved more but as for now would just written letters do or is there a template?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Lauren52

janandbren wrote: »
    Does anyone know what to include with application if you are getting a gift from parents? We have 12% of purchase price ourselves but we are getting an additional gift of 25k from parents. Can we just include letters from them until drawdown? We may not need the 25 by drawdown as we will have saved more but as for now would just written letters do or is there a template?

Hi, I just included a letter from my dad saying he was gifting me money, then I also included a print out of his bank balance.

By the time it came around to approval (16mts - we applied in 2019 for Kildare and there was a huge back log) we did not need the gift there was no issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭3283winnie

Wondering if anyone has a guide on time so I applied in March was sent to the housing agency the end of March I have rang sdcc to ask for an update I have been asked to send new payslips and bank statements any idea how long more after this or what the next step is thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8 GizmoIE

No, it's a bit of a pain in the arse for Dublin in particular - you can only buy in the catchment of the council who approves your loan. That means for Dublin you probably have to apply to the three different councils and SDCC in particular takes 6+ months to approve.

You can only apply to four councils at most iirc too
    About the 6 months, as far as i know, same practice in other banks, they need to see let's call it "positive tendency" on your account, at least one of the broker was explaining that somewhere :)

GizmoIE wrote: »
    About the 6 months, as far as i know, same practice in other banks, they need to see let's call it "positive tendency" on your account, at least one of the broker was explaining that somewhere :)

what's the point of sending in a year's worth of banking statements if they're just going to do that then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 c.m.a

Hi

Has anyone recently been bought a house recently with Wicklow county council? I am wondering what documents they will ask for drawdown stage?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 18 89char9

Hey, I've been saving but I had to withdraw some money from my savings. Since I withdrew the money I've continued to save and will have the 30%of the deposit saved when I apply. I'm just wondering if that time I withdrew some of my savings will be a problem. Anyone know? Thank you in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

89char9 wrote: »
    Hey, I've been saving but I had to withdraw some money from my savings. Since I withdrew the money I've continued to save and will have the 30%of the deposit saved when I apply. I'm just wondering if that time I withdrew some of my savings will be a problem. Anyone know? Thank you in advance.

No one can no for certain. Once you have your deposit saved I don’t see why it should be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

GizmoIE wrote: »

Ah just to clarify - I mean SDCC literally take six months or more to approve you. I submitted my application 3rd of Feb, as of last week it still hadn't even gone to the Credit Committee.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 LaurenMcHugh

c.m.a wrote: »
    Hi

Has anyone recently been bought a house recently with Wicklow county council? I am wondering what documents they will ask for drawdown stage?
    Thanks

Hey, we’re just waiting on Wicklow coco to release funds this week. We were asked for last 3 payslips , proof of funds and letters from work stating we don’t receive any subsidies due to the pandemic.

Hey, we’re just waiting on Wicklow coco to release funds this week. We were asked for last 3 payslips , proof of funds and letters from work stating we don’t receive any subsidies due to the pandemic.

Perfect thanks. We are signing contracts this week . Vendor is getting fed up waiting on us because the whole process is so slow. Can I ask how long it has been for you from signing contracts to drawdown ?

Perfect thanks. We are signing contracts this week . Vendor is getting fed up waiting on us because the whole process is so slow. Can I ask how long it has been for you from signing contracts to drawdown ?

We signed contracts on the 9th June and then we both had to have telephone interviews for the Mortgage Protection which slowed us down and then I had to wait on hospital results which slowed us down again. And then the funds are being released Thursday so not too bad considering we had a few bumps in the road

• Advertisement

We signed contracts on the 9th June and then we both had to have telephone interviews for the Mortgage Protection which slowed us down and then I had to wait on hospital results which slowed us down again. And then the funds are being released Thursday so not too bad considering we had a few bumps in the road

Thank you for the info , hopefully it will be just as quick for us too .So worth it when you get to the end .Good luck in your new home.

Thank you for the info , hopefully it will be just as quick for us too .So worth it when you get to the end .Good luck in your new home.

No problem. The Revenue side of things seem to be a lot faster at handling things than the rest of process. Thanks you too!

Who do we contact about finding out if the limits for these loans are being raised? Every house in my area has a starting price of between 230k and 250k. I'm going to be outbid on ****ing everything once we're approved. Surely they'll be changing the loan amount due to the current real estate market?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

deise121 wrote: »
    Who do we contact about finding out if the limits for these loans are being raised? Every house in my area has a starting price of between 230k and 250k. I'm going to be outbid on ****ing everything once we're approved. Surely they'll be changing the loan amount due to the current real estate market?

Your TD or County Councillor, that's a Government decision

Your TD or County Councillor, that's a Government decision

Anything I’ve ever brought up to any politician has fallen on deaf ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 janandbren

Anyone know average time cork city council takes for a decision?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Why do they ask for an address in the "DETAILS OF PROPERTY TO BE MORTGAGED"? The amount I get will dictate the property I will buy.

Why do they ask for an address in the "DETAILS OF PROPERTY TO BE MORTGAGED"? The amount I get will dictate the property I will buy.

my local council said to leave it blank

It's a bizarre application form. Both the amount you want and the house you want are left blank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭antimatterx

It's a bizarre application form. Both the amount you want and the house you want are left blank.

What hahahaha? That is bizzare.

Advertisement