Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

De'Longhi Magnifica Bean to Cup Espresso/Cappuccino Maker £199

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RunRoryRun

All lights flash on when I start it up cold so don't think it's a bulb. I might try resetting it fully maybe

There is definitely no harm in descaling without the warning light

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭Barr

The one thing I have noticed since I bought my Ecam22.110.B is the light for descaling has come on twice in 2 months .

The old machine only needed to be done about twice a year and it was always fine for 6 years.

Is there any way of lenghtening the descaling intervals . The water in my area is fine so doubt it will need to be descaled every month at this rate .

• Registered Users Posts: 15,965 ✭✭✭✭event

For me above, its only the 2nd time its come on in nearly 2 years

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I've seeing similar very brief time periods between indication of descaling needed.. probably every 2 - 3 months. Not sure if it's determined based on number of cups, number of times it's been switched on/off etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

If you live in a hard water area you should descale a coffee machine ever 8 weeks or so.

If you don’t eventually the pump will get clogged and water won’t flow through.

Trust me. I had to replace the pump in my Gaggia Classic a few years ago.

A machine prompting you shouldn’t be what you use as a gauge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

If you live in a hard water area you should descale a coffee machine ever 8 weeks or so.

If you don’t eventually the pump will get clogged and water won’t flow through.

Trust me. I had to replace the pump in my Gaggia Classic a few years ago.

A machine prompting you shouldn’t be what you use as a gauge.
    Yep, live in a soft water area so I've been leaving it an additional few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Basq wrote: »
    Yep, live in a soft water area so I've been leaving it an additional few weeks.

I’m jealous.

Are ye taking into account that the machine asks you to set the warning up in advance after doing the ph test?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭Barr

Are ye taking into account that the machine asks you to set the warning up in advance after doing the ph test?

Come to think of it , when I setup the machine at the start of the thread, it came with a ph test and I have some vague recollection of setting intervals.

The newer one came with nothing like that . Maybe now its automatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Jo Satan

I don't think it is automatic.
    I think it is based on a timer.
    I upgraded to the ecam22.110.b mid December.
    The descale light is now on for the second time.
    I did not do the water test like I did with the older Esam 4200 as there was no test strip in the package.

I will change the hardness to 2 and see how it goes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭bladespin

Not sure if it's the same machine but Lidl have a DeLongi coming up soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Jo Satan

I just set the hardness to 2 and and the descale light has gone off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭McSween

I used de longhi descaler yesterday. There is another listed somewhere on this thread. - if somebody can remind me what the make was. Thanks

Oust

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭McSween

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭dmn22

Any good deals on this machine or similar ones to be had at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Brego888

McSween wrote: »

They'll probably leave it at that price for a few months and then do a "massive reduction" down to around €400 still making a huge profit. Think I paid £200 for this a couple of years ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Harvey Norman price match, so find it cheaper anywhere else and they'll match it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭dball

https://www.adverts.ie/small-kitchen-appliances/delonghy-magnifica/23484007

spotted this earlier, not mine, but id be quick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Brego888

dball wrote: »

Really?
    €300 for 2nd hand machine isn't great value when you can get a new one delivered on amazon for €330 odd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,965 ✭✭✭✭event

Ad says selling cos he got a new one.
    Then comments says he doesn't drink coffee??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

event wrote: »
    Ad says selling cos he got a new one.
    Then comments says he doesn't drink coffee??

laughed when i read the ad....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭franglan

Anyone have this issue previously with machine. Goes through the process right up to grinding beans at that point the grinds tray warning light comes on and stays on with no coffee grinded or coffee dispensed? Note recently changed grind setting and water temperature on machine (didn't know you could do this) in last 10 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

franglan wrote: »
    Anyone have this issue previously with machine. Goes through the process right up to grinding beans at that point the grinds tray warning light comes on and stays on with no coffee grinded or coffee dispensed? Note recently changed grind setting and water temperature on machine (didn't know you could do this) in last 10 days.

Check if there are stray beans stopping the tray from sitting in fully. It can be hard to find them sometimes - I used to find a monthly clean and vacuum worked wonders

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭WLad

I actually had exactly this issue. I tore it apart to figure out what was going on but it turns out I had accidentally turned the coffee knob all the way down to using ground coffee, maybe its the same issue for you? I felt so dumb when I realised.

WLad wrote: »
    I actually had exactly this issue. I tore it apart to figure out what was going on but it turns out I had accidentally turned the coffee knob all the way down to using ground coffee, maybe its the same issue for you? I felt so dumb when I realised.
    Yeah I may have done that, how did you sort it in general?

FYI have cleaned, hoovered! and did full descale with no affect.

Yeah I may have done that, how did you sort it in general?

FYI have cleaned, hoovered! and did full descale with no affect.

Turn the coffee knob to the right!

Turn the coffee knob to the right!

As in coffee concentration knob on front or grinder setting on top?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 blee23

Sorry but I can't help with issue, but can I ask how you change water temperature??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭romperstomper

As in coffee concentration knob on front or grinder setting on top?

Turn coffee concentration setting to 12 o clock

Advertisement