Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great After-timing Thread (screenshots req'd)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

i see, good call, so do you do 8 every week or just randomly picked it this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭supremenovice

Kod-box wrote: »
    i see, good call, so do you do 8 every week or just randomly picked it this week?

Funny story.
    I usually stick with a number until it comes out.
    Ive been doing 37 since November:eek: and it hasnt come out yet.
    In fact, it hasnt come out as the bonus since Feb '08, approximately 250 draws!!!
    I got so cheesed off by my fruitless perseverance that I decided to change my mind for once. And so, when the page opened to select a number, the mouse arrow pointed to 8, so I said F it and I went all in.
    And would you believe it...LOL.

• Moderators Posts: 8,686 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Would of been a disaster if 37 came out that week. :pac:

Pick 25 next time. ;)

x PyRo wrote: »
    Would of been a disaster if 37 came out that week. :pac:

Pick 25 next time. ;)

25? Ah I think I might head back to my friend 37 again, and possibly 29 as a saver.

25 is my lucky number, I've won hundreds on roulette just putting money on 25. :pac: Great number!

• Advertisement

Its all about 33, lads ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭ForzaKid

16 or 25 for me!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

talk about clogging the tread,
    btw, im a big 8 fan......:pac:

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

98383519.jpg
    47538636.jpg

Looks like an anoraks bet there.
    Nice one all the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

3 and 23 are nearly always there or thereabouts in the lottery!

Ohhhh yeahhhhhh...

120238.jpg

I had a feeling that'd happen. :pac:

lol thats madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Only two bets I had in that race, don't think I'll ever beat it!

76515.jpg

I had him backed too.... €15 @ 180s on betdaq.
    What a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

piccn.jpg

150 on the above treble. The over 2.5 was in the Sao Paolo v Avai game. I was gonna do over 2.5 on the Gremio game but decided for the Avai one at the last second. Was 0-0 up to the 61st minute so didn't think it was gonna come through. Ended up being the only game over 2 goals in the Brazil league i think. Love when you get that bit of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Got a seven-fold accie up tonight on the Europa League, which made up for having got tanked on a five-fold and a six-fold by fecking Linfield fluking a draw against Rosenborg the other night.
    On the other hand, the odds were pretty stingy!
    (Total stake zero because it was a 50 euro free bet.)

accie.jpg

One game I avoided like the plague was the one I attended - Cliftonville V HNK Unpronounceable from Croatia at Windsor Park tonight. The reds were 4/1 to win at 'home' before kick off. I hope someone was on it, because they won 1-0 and it oughta been about 3. Gutted for Sporting Fingal after seeing the flurry of late goals, but they've loads to play for now in the home leg. On the other hand, them losing brought the accie home!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

You got lucky with the Fingal match, 95th min or something. Brought a smile to my face anyway.

When they were still 1-0 up away with like ten minutes to go, I assumed another Irish team had sunk another accie on me (fecking Linfield!).
    I don't normally do them, since they're mug bets, but I felt pretty strongly about all the games I backed this week, and the only way to drum up decent odds was on accumulators.
    As for SF, I'm glad to bank my money, but do feel bad for them (as a Pats fan, even) and hope they make use of those away goals in the return leg.

• Advertisement

In all fairness though, that's terrible value in the above accumulator.
    I wouldn't risk 50€ for 49.99 return (If I'm missing something do tell me.)

Doocey wrote: »
    In all fairness though, that's terrible value in the above accumulator.
    I wouldn't risk 50€ for 49.99 return (If I'm missing something do tell me.)

Already stated it was poor odds myself. Though I question the concept of 'value' gambling anyway (except in the case of clear arb opportunities or hedging existing bets to copperfasten profits.)
    A bet is value if it wins in my opinion. If it loses, it wasn't much value, was it?
    To be honest, I'm aware accies are for mugs (as I already said), but I didn't foresee any likelihood of upsets in any of those ties.
    I got caught out by Linfield earlier in the week, and Fingal ran that one close. I accept most punters wouldn't go near an even money seven-fold with a bargepole. Then again, most punters lose money long-term.

Tl;dr version: Bet won, therefore it's of value to me. Stuck it in here because as a ballsy sevenfold at evens, I'm proud of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

Already stated it was poor odds myself. Though I question the concept of 'value' gambling anyway (except in the case of clear arb opportunities or hedging existing bets to copperfasten profits.)
    A bet is value if it wins in my opinion. If it loses, it wasn't much value, was it?
    To be honest, I'm aware accies are for mugs (as I already said), but I didn't foresee any likelihood of upsets in any of those ties.
    I got caught out by Linfield earlier in the week, and Fingal ran that one close. I accept most punters wouldn't go near an even money seven-fold with a bargepole. Then again, most punters lose money long-term.

Tl;dr version: Bet won, therefore it's of value to me. Stuck it in here because as a ballsy sevenfold at evens, I'm proud of it.

FAIL.......

prob 1 of the worst posts in the gambling forum.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

coughlan08 wrote: »
    FAIL.......

Stop coming across as a condescending arsehole. He has an opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭glanman

SantryRed wrote: »
    Stop coming across as a condescending arsehole. He has an opinion.

He is not coming across as one, that is just the way he is and always has been.

coughlan08 wrote: »
    FAIL.......

I'm prepared to open my online account for scrutiny and compare it to yours and we'll see who did better over the World Cup.
    I'm looking at just under 800% ROI for the tourney. How did you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

I'm prepared to open my online account for scrutiny and compare it to yours and we'll see who did better over the World Cup.
    I'm looking at just under 800% ROI for the tourney. How did you do?

just ignore him mate! he's known for his cockyness around here

So the teen-sounding netspeak and the smiley in his post were a bonus?
    I feel so special now.

Fair enough man, it's your money and you can bet on whatever you like. I just think that's a pretty poor bet, and a bet someone would do that is chasing a loss. Saying that, you're probably far more profitable that a lot on here.

A win's a win, well done :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Nice win and I wouldn't post but for your theory of value.

One bet doesn't matter a jot.
    It's why losers keep gambling. People really think that getting a winner means they are doing something right.

But some people try to make a profit and others bet for a pastime. Nothing wrong with either of them.

It was a nice win and of course watching 7 results come your way makes an evens bet feel more satisfying.

Advertisement