Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cross Pens

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,121 ✭✭✭lau1247

Good Afternoon,

We are very sorry to have to inform you that you order has pulled through with an error.

Unfortunately our system appears to have more than one discount code applied for your order.

We are not sure how this can be possible as discount codes cannot be stacked in this way.

With this error being on your order we have had no alternative but to cancel this with immediate effect.

This will also cancel any pending payment.

Please feel free to order again, however please do not stack any codes as our system will only reject the order or this will cause a file error again.

We are very sorry for the disappoint this will cause you.

Kind Regards
    George

Out of interest, does your account order history now say cancelled or the transaction now removed? Just curious

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

I'll tell you a story!

The mother was up in my grandmother's house earlier today, rooting.

She found an old Cross pen in a drawer, took it out and it writes away like new.

My grandmother died in 1997,almost 24 years ago, and nobody has been in that house since. That pen is probably in that drawer for 30 years. I don't know if the quality is still as good, but I was blown away by that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Good Afternoon,

We are very sorry to have to inform you that you order has pulled through with an error.

Unfortunately our system appears to have more than one discount code applied for your order.

We are not sure how this can be possible as discount codes cannot be stacked in this way.

With this error being on your order we have had no alternative but to cancel this with immediate effect.

Please feel free to order again, however please do not stack any codes as our system will only reject the order or this will cause a file error again.

Kind Regards
    George

Engraved order? I’m almost positive no one will get an engraved delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Agent_47

I'll tell you a story!

The mother was up in my grandmother's house earlier today, rooting.

She found an old Cross pen in a drawer, took it out and it writes away like new.

My grandmother died in 1997,almost 24 years ago, and nobody has been in that house since. That pen is probably in that drawer for 30 years. I don't know if the quality is still as good, but I was blown away by that.

Moral of the story, most Cross pens end up in a drawer, but they were better made then!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 KinsellaJ

To be honest the engraving cost me €6 or €7, if they shipped it without the engraving I would be happy! The engraving was just an added bonus!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Nunu wrote: »
    Engraved order? I’m almost positive no one will get an engraved delivery.

Nope not engraved , I registered online after I ordered to see could I track it but nope nothing appeared on the account..I rang them in uk last week and they said it was being processed...didn't mention about stacking codes etc...

Not to worry...some you win some you lose!

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Good Afternoon,

Kind Regards
    George

Looks like we've been rumbled so...
    Had you emailed them?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,267 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

My account still says processing for the second order

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭fdevine

I've had no correspondence from Cross other than the initial order confirmation, but I've just had an email and text from DHL to say that it's due to be delivered tomorrow.

Same here, for two of three orders

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

Ordered in the early hours of the morning on the 4th and naught yet other than the initial order confirmation. Around €35ish. Still showing as processing under the My Orders section on the website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Fountain pen gift set arrived today, sure enough the lid seems welded to the bottle, will try heat it up and see if that helps, did anyone manage to get it off easily.

I've another order too, both under €22. Did get a text yesterday about this one arriving, fingers crossed the other arrives also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭Ryath

cruizer101 wrote: »
    Fountain pen gift set arrived today, sure enough the lid seems welded to the bottle, will try heat it up and see if that helps, did anyone manage to get it off easily.

I've another order too, both under €22. Did get a text yesterday about this one arriving, fingers crossed the other arrives also.

I don't think it's gummed up just they over tightened the lid to be square with the bottle. I got it open alright but with it hand tightened closed now it's about 10 degrees off square. I waited till it was at room temp and wrapped in a towel to be safe if it spilled or snapped. It did take a fair bit of effort I tried to be gentle and ease it open bit by rather than using full strength.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Has anyone a number to call them on please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Has anyone a number to call them on please?

This was recommended earlier - 0044 1582 422793 (press the key for sales I think)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 watchman.ie

Pens and glasses arrived today bought with double discount, well happy, thanks :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭padraig.od

Sorry to hijack but this is the busiest pen related thread I know of. I'm thinking buying a Fisher, but don't want to buy from UK. Anyone know of penworld.eu legitimate? And if they dispatch from EU?

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭capefear

Did anyone receive their order with engraving. Mine still saying processing and I ordered the last day of the offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

My order is still showing the following status:

"Shipper has generated a shipment label, but the shipment has not yet been handed over to DHL"

No update since last Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,115 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

My order is still showing the following status:

"Shipper has generated a shipment label, but the shipment has not yet been handed over to DHL"

No update since last Saturday.
    Mine too, I will have to email them to see there it's at. Order was just under €40.

Mine too, I will have to email them to see there it's at. Order was just under €40.

Don't bother emailing, ring the UK number if you want an update.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Gammymammy

I ordered 3 pens on the 1st January. Received an email today to say that my order was cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Gammymammy wrote: »
    I ordered 3 pens on the 1st January. Received an email today to say that my order was cancelled.

Jesus thats a dreadful service

Just got an email about one order from the 5th, cancelled due to stacked codes.
    Odd as I placed two for similar pens at the same time, to keep the value low.
    One arrived, one cancelled.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Put in 2 orders, one on the 1st, the second on the 5th. Money was taken from PayPal for one, and the credit card pre-auth has expired for the second. Haven't heard anything from Cross at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,267 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Just got an email about one order from the 5th, cancelled due to stacked codes.
    Odd as I placed two for similar pens at the same time, to keep the value low.
    One arrived, one cancelled.

Your got an email today? Or you read it today? Think they only work Monday to Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Received the cancellation email this evening. Very kind of them to suggest that I reorder, now that the main discount has been reduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 DroidJoi

How many codes were people stacking for the cancelled orders?

Some people managed to use 4 codes according to some comments.

Was one of the first to order with only 2 codes. Least discount...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Rang them the other day was told somebody would ring back :pac:

lawred2 wrote: »
    Your got an email today? Or you read it today? Think they only work Monday to Friday.

Got the email today, 12.46 pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭bullmccabe2010

Ordered three pens in three separate orders on Jan 2nd. Two were engraved and one wasn’t. Haven’t heard a thing since, but one arrived this morning and it’s one of the engraved ones. I’d given up hope on the engraved ones and I was hoping the one without engraving might make it. All were with the stacked codes too. Thanks OP!

Advertisement