Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PIPING Slurry with agitator and quad ??

• 16-01-2021 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Just wondering fields are all around the tank . I have NC 3000 slurry agitator and lots of lay flat hose. If I made a fitting for the quad and connected the pipe. Would the agitator pump the the watery slurry. Anyone doing this ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

What size piping?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭jjjjjjjk

What size piping?

I have 4 inch piping lay flat in the shed fields are all near. Just need an idea to fit splash plate to quad if it would work .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Not on you nelly would a quad pull a full 4 inch pipe. Every metre of slurry in the pipe would 2.5kg. I've done a bit with umbilical and a quad wouldnt shift a full pipe far before the wheels were spinning.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭einn32

Not on you nelly would a quad pull a full 4 inch pipe. Every metre of slurry in the pipe would 2.5kg. I've done a bit with umbilical and a quad wouldnt shift a full pipe far before the wheels were spinning.

Yeah that's what I thought. Tis hard enough to pull them pipes empty with a quad.

einn32 wrote: »
    Yeah that's what I thought. Tis hard enough to pull them pipes empty with a quad.
    I have a ford 5000 and put something like this on it would it work then. With the agitator at the slurry tank

• Advertisement

jjjjjjjk wrote: »
    I have a ford 5000 and put something like this on it would it work then. With the agitator at the slurry tank

I've only ever used agitators to transfer slurry from one tank to another over a short distance. I don't see why it wouldn't work depending on gradient and slurry thickness.

Would it build up enough pressure to spread .all the fields are very near .

You would need serious pressure to get a good spread from that attachment I would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭White Clover

Best thing to do is go ahead and buy it , see how you get on.
    Don't forget to report back, it might help someone else out....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,468 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Near is subjective in this conversation.
    Someone mentioned above that every meter of pipe would have 2.5kg of slurry.

It wouldn’t be long until you were trying to shift 500kg and then produce pressure on top of that, amd without any head height to the spreader. I’ve no experience of the pumps for piped systems but I’d presumed they were different to a regular agitator and required significant more hp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,051 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Would you not be quicker and cheaper to get the professionals in to spread it they have the gear

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

Best thing to do is go ahead and buy it , see how you get on.
    Don't forget to report back, it might help someone else out....

:D:D:D
    Be sure and record the pressure points on a mobile phone camera...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭alps

Photograph on newspapers of a guy 2 years ago with a Gator or similar doing exactly what jjjjjjjjjk suggested. Dont know what diameter the pipe was, but I could see a 3in being half the capacity and weight of a 4in..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,020 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

alps wrote: »
    Photograph on newspapers of a guy 2 years ago with a Gator or similar doing exactly what jjjjjjjjjk suggested. Dont know what diameter the pipe was, but I could see a 3in being half the capacity and weight of a 4in..

That was a tanker on a roadway with umbilical pipe attached going to the utv on a slope below the tanker...I think?

Advertisement