Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cameras (CCTV or Smart) & GDPR

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Clareman wrote: »
    To a certain degree, there is no assumption of privacy in a public place but there is the assumption of a certain amount of privacy, for example, someone can take a picture/video of a street with people on it including a bank with an ATM but they can't take a picture/video of a person using the ATM. There are a lot more laws at play here rather than GDPR though, I wouldn't like to be a test case for any of this thought but the chances of being a test case are slim once you don't act the dick.

Oh I here you was just thinking out loud....

Suppose it's like you say if one sees they're posted online or talk of the town for example and turns out the footage is from the neighbours house say.., I fully understand and appreciate how that is good to have protection.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Oh I here you was just thinking out loud....

Suppose it's like you say if one sees they're posted online or talk of the town for example and turns out the footage is from the neighbours house say.., I fully understand and appreciate how that is good to have protection.

The way I try to explain it is if you put a notice up on a notice board in a shopping center looking for a childminder for 2 children along with your name and phone number, that's fine, but if the shopping center were to tell everyone your name, phone number and that you had 2 children you'd have a massive problem.

Advertisement