Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Introduce yourselves

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 holly_24

sounds great ill keep an eye on this so :) thanks so much. I am so excited to be back in the saddle. i could spend all night looking at youtube and XC vids will be great to get back out!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Welcome to the madhouse Dave and Holly! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭fat and slow

cantering_zps61a15f09.jpg
    me on my cousins pony 'flash'

horseridingteam_zpsa4e4d882.jpg
    professional horse riding team

meuncleandsisonhorse_zps97c51af5.jpg
    my sister learning to trot

My name is Tim, I'm 26 i started horseriding this christmas for fun when i was visiting my cousins over xmas, Currently doing 2 lessons per week.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=82966513

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Welcome! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭emma-fly

Hi everyone,
    Ive been posting comments every now and again on this thread so its about time I introduce myself properly!

Im 23 and originally from Cork.I moved to Dublin 9 months ago for work. Back in Cork my dad, my sister and I ride out and hunt together alot. We currently have 3 horses, a 6 year old 16"1 bay sports mare, a 21 year old 16"2 chestnut gelding that has been in our family since he was 4 and a 12 year old 16"3 bay gelding.

Ive recently tried to get into more competitive riding, by taking some showjumping and dressage lessons with an aim to ODE and do working hunter showing. Its difficult to practise when I live in Dublin and my horses live in Cork though :(

If anyone ever needs a hand with looking after a horse or riding out and I can get there by bus/luas I will be more than happy to help out as I am having serious withdrawls at the moment( Im sure you noticed Im posting on everything here at the moment!)

Well I think thats enough from me :)
    Emma

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Anastazia

Nice to meet you Emma-fly..:D LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭mariannewims

Ditto with Emma, it's about time I introduced myself properly!

I'm a longterm lurker having had major health problems which meant I couldn't ride for years so reading horsey magazines and browsing on here gave me some tenuous link to the horse world!

Thankfully my health has been improving for a while now and I'm able to start having a life again!
    I started back having lessons at Thornton Park nearly 2 years ago and fate brought me to be in the fortunate position to be leasing Borderfox's gorgeous gelding Spirit for the last year and a half. He has totally changed my life and I'm loving being back in the saddle.

We've started getting out and about to the beach and some shows this year and are having great fun. It's a challenge trying to get my riding to a good level again after so long out of the saddle and ill health that left it hard to walk let alone ride for so long but I'm loving it! We're going to Stradbally in June which is a dream come true for me, off with the horse and a great gang from the riding club for a weekend will be amazing.

Thanks for keeping me somewhat connected to the horse world while I was ill and now offering invaluable advice now I'm back in the saddle :)

Here's a few snaps of us out and about on the beach and doing some primary dressage and jumping. All credit to Borderfox for the photos, I can't emphasise enough how amazing it is leasing a horse off a photographer ;););)

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Heydeldel

Great pics! Thanks for sharing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I love seeing photos of Spirit - he always seems like such a happy chap. My OH has started taking lessons in Thornton Park so I've been lucky enough to see the man himself in the flesh a few times too. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭mariannewims

Haha, he is Valentina! I've never met such a happy horse, he's a cheeky chap and I love being around him. He's total therapy :)
    Hope your other half is enjoying Thornton, the lessons are fantastic I must say. If you ever see me at Spirit's stable do say hello!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Haha, he is Valentina! I've never met such a happy horse, he's a cheeky chap and I love being around him. He's total therapy :)
    Hope your other half is enjoying Thornton, the lessons are fantastic I must say. If you ever see me at Spirit's stable do say hello!

Will do! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kazi

Ditto with Emma, it's about time I introduced myself properly!

I'm a longterm lurker having had major health problems which meant I couldn't ride for years so reading horsey magazines and browsing on here gave me some tenuous link to the horse world!

Thankfully my health has been improving for a while now and I'm able to start having a life again!
    I started back having lessons at Thornton Park nearly 2 years ago and fate brought me to be in the fortunate position to be leasing Borderfox's gorgeous gelding Spirit for the last year and a half. He has totally changed my life and I'm loving being back in the saddle.

We've started getting out and about to the beach and some shows this year and are having great fun. It's a challenge trying to get my riding to a good level again after so long out of the saddle and ill health that left it hard to walk let alone ride for so long but I'm loving it! We're going to Stradbally in June which is a dream come true for me, off with the horse and a great gang from the riding club for a weekend will be amazing.

Thanks for keeping me somewhat connected to the horse world while I was ill and now offering invaluable advice now I'm back in the saddle :)

Here's a few snaps of us out and about on the beach and doing some primary dressage and jumping. All credit to Borderfox for the photos, I can't emphasise enough how amazing it is leasing a horse off a photographer ;););)

im in dublin now along time from donegal orginally been away for yrs, always in2 horses havent ridden for 25 yrs plus and then mostly bare back we have ponies, but me here they in donegal, especially my father acquired a beautiful grey 16,2 mare (lady) who she has lit that bulb again, especially because of her temperment she is the 1 2 help me hopefully recapture my dream and build my confidence and i dont want her going 2 waste either:(, i also have had long term health problems but started enquiring of riding schools/livery 2 start from scratch just this week and possibly help/volunteer in livery? as free time on my hands, also luv seeing this board as came on it while looking, :) im on northside, going 2 ring up about a place in swords i believe but any other suggestions would be so greatfully recieved:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭BizzyLizzie

Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd pop in and say hi. I used to ride yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeears ago as a child/teenager. Was at a decent enough standard, jumping well on mediumy sized fences and did a few small stable competitions. I've been missing it for years but due to numerous reasons like being a broke college student and then breaking my ankle I haven't been back...til now! First lesson in about 10 + years tomorrow and I cannot wait!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,547 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Given that my name change has come into effect this morning, I feel I should re-introduce myself to this forum!

Formly known as sup_dude, I figured changing my name to Latin might make it less silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Hundzia

Hi! Been reading you occasionally for years now but never felt urge to involve in. Till now, when I figured out I forgot my password :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Hi been riding since i was 12. Stopped when i was a student taking it up again now as my Dad is buying three horses at the end of the year.

Yall seem like cool peeps.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,285 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Think I need top spend some time in the forum

Don't ride myself, but I've 4 kids that do, and a grandchild that I'm certain will be getting a miniature pony before too long

The kids competed in North County Dublin for 2-3 years in show-jumping and eventing. I'm in the process of retiring (down to 1 day a week) and we've picked up a 50 acre equestrian place in Wexford. 12 Stables plus a large barn included, although the roof blew off the stables a few weeks after we completed the purchase. That's all fixed now and we have 4 horses plus a pony settled in there. Another horse is currently in rehab but should be down with us in the New Year

20 acres are let to a local farmer and another 7 or 8 have been left rough

We have a decent sized outdoor arena and I've spent most of the summer replacing and putting up new fences. Planning on using one field to grow grass for hay, and a small one will become a place where we'll grow our own veg and possibly plant an orchard.

The horses are grazing the other fields and one of my tasks has been to partition them to allow grass to grow while they graze other paddocks

I was actually brought up on farms in North Yorkshire, but have not lived on one in over 40 years. A bit like back to the future I guess. My dad wrote a book covering years up to my own birth and the role horses had on farms pre, during and post-war and the gradual takeover of tractors and other farm machinery. One of my tasks in retirement is going to be to get that book in a state for publication. He became quite a talented artist in his later years (he passed away nearly 3 years ago) and I have plenty of illustrations to go with it

Advertisement