Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Reading my old Nostradamus book

• 07-04-2020 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Yes this book is still on my dusty attic book shelf from decades ago - back then I was less cynical than I am now but flicking through it tonight I found this interesting titbit (century II no. 29)

The man from the East.

‘The man from the East will come out of his seat and will cross the Apennines to see France. He will cross through the sky, the sea and the snows and he will strike everyone with his rod’

The edition that I have from 1973 reprinted in 1981 and the author can’t decide what this one is about. But I reckon It could be cobbled and massaged in future editions to fit this pandemic. !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭upupup

here is another Quatrain............

In the feeble lists,

Great calamity through America and Lombardy.

The fire in the ship, plague and captivity;

Mercury in Sagittarius, Saturn warning.

..........captivity/lockdowns?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

I just think it's all so vague that anyone can attach their contemporary meanings to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭lurker2000

Yes - reminds me of the fortune tellers i went to back in the day. ;There's a fair haired guy and a dark haired guy interested in you. He has a P or a J in his name' (Paddy and John being the most popular boys names!). 'I hear a dog barking, do you have a dog'? Ans: no. 'Well it must be in a garden near you!'. 'Whose had a miscarriage that you know' .. Me: about six people etc etc etc . somewhere something will fit if you generalize enough.

Advertisement