Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Goal Keeper Assistance Needed

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭slingerz

sound.

lost by a point but i kept a clean sheet, had good kickouts and was very comfortable under the high ball fielding 3 or 4 of them. counts for nothing now though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

I ended up playing in goals for a season and after a shaky start found it great. Despie being a free taker when I was a forward I found kicking the ball out a diferent challenge altogether. The problem was I was not following the same routine and was concentrating to much on distance which lost the accuracy I had. Our club coach took me through a few drills at the time and got me working aand thinking. We found the best solution for me was to take frees as a forward would, I never changed my routine as a forward so, I started to slow down a little and done all the things mentioned here like placing the valve away fro me and taking the same amount of steps It took a month or two but my kickouts usually hit the half way from a score and maintained a fair bit of accuracy.

At training I would take frees as a forward would using my routine to score points and then tried to use the same on match days.. Routine, Routine, Routine, Routine
    As for the kicking tee's I dont like them and I always kicked from the ground.

Can you get someone to analise what you are doing? Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Louthdrog

LeoB wrote: »
    As for the kicking tee's I dont like them and I always kicked from the ground.
    What? Those things are a god send. Always had problems with my kicking. Was pretty good with the rest of my game but the kickouts were just not working. Had a big championship game for my college this year so the week before i literally got a bag of balls and a midfielder. Spent a good few hours trying different techniques and different tees.
    In the space of a few weeks, my kickouts went from the weakpoint of my game to possibly its strongest. Its all about practice and perfecting your technique.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Louthdrog wrote: »
    What? Those things are a god send. Always had problems with my kicking. Was pretty good with the rest of my game but the kickouts were just not working. Had a big championship game for my college this year so the week before i literally got a bag of balls and a midfielder. Spent a good few hours trying different techniques and different tees.
    In the space of a few weeks, my kickouts went from the weakpoint of my game to possibly its strongest. Its all about practice and perfecting your technique.

You got it in the last bit...... Practice and Technique. I just dont like them. It can give an advantage instead of working on the basic skill of kicking from the ground

Advertisement