Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pokémon Go - Gen II

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Unverified confirmations on the Silph Road, meaning no screen shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭ABlur

AMGer wrote: »
    Anyone spin a Pokestop yet?

Just did a run around the local ones here in Limerick no incubators at any.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CraigM84

you just saved me a trip out to check, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭hdl

I'm not taking any chances, I'll wait until tonight to spin a stop :p

does it matter whether it is your first stop of the day or not? was gonna go to resupply later in the day

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

CraigM84 wrote: »
    does it matter whether it is your first stop of the day or not? was gonna go to resupply later in the day
    Niantic/PokemonGo official announcement said that 1st spin of the day gives a single use incubator, for 10 days. So possibility of 10 'free hatches' overall.
    Eirebull wrote: »
    Does a lure work if there is never a Pokemon in sightings?
    I think the Lure's work by pulling in 'extra' pokemon from the surrounding pool. They dont actually work from the sightings list. Thus a lure will not attract anything unusual but will increase activity at around that pokestop.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

delly wrote: »
    Assume this is some form of parental control, is there no manual override?

Nope, just doesn't like the OS. Chinese, I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Shiranui

To poke-experts here.

Any of the gen2 babies lead to any strong mons?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

All speculation but we'll see. I won't be spinning a Pokestop until it's confirmed with evidence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I spun at 15.45 and got regular stuff. I had spun earlier in the day to get my 7 day streak.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Mthor5

Have a question about using Three phone credit on an iphone. I did the swapping into an android phone and making the pokecoins purchase and it worked fine. Swapped the sim back into the iphone and the only option to buy coins is through itunes. Do I have to swap the sims every time?, or did I mistakenly think after the first time buying through android it would work on the iphone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Did it start ? Spun a pokestops but didn't see an incubator pop out. Have a few on the go so I can't tell if I got an extra one or not :(

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭brianomc

I haven't spun one yet. Went for a walk with my dad earlier and almost made the mistake of spinning a few times. I'll head out later tonight to try.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

I'd also like to know when it's live. Just after having Christmas dinner, and have to walk half a mile from my parents house to reach the nearest pokestop.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Go go go, just got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭bkrangle

It may be live now, new gifts are in the shop anyway

Journal

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭hdl

Just finished dinner here. Need to sit back for a while before I go out to find a pokestop :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

AMGer wrote: »
    Did it start ? Spun a pokestops but didn't see an incubator pop out. Have a few on the go so I can't tell if I got an extra one or not :(
    Reports are I'd you spun a Pokestop before the event started you lose out on the incubator! Does your journal list an incubator?

• Advertisement

Anyone know whats in those boxes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

Anyone know whats in those boxes?

Just tap on the box in the shop and it shows you.

Kavrocks wrote: »
    Reports are I'd you spun a Pokestop before the event started you lose out on the incubator! Does your journal list an incubator?

i can confirm this, if you spun a stop before event started you dont get an incubator

**** u Niantic :P

on the bright side though, i did hatch a mini electabuzz :D

CraigM84 wrote: »
    i can confirm this, if you spun a stop before event started you dont get an incubator

**** u Niantic :P

Are people meant to hold off until San Francisco wakes up? Quite typical of Niantic from what I've seen

by the looks of it, but i had ran outta pokeballs last night so needed to get more earlier than event started so got no incubator today, but least lvl 30 is just around the corner with the lucky eggs and crap ive saved so not the worst

Maybe tomorrow will be the "first" day for us, of this incubator event

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Been spinning pokestops all day but no incubator.

On the positive side I found a rural level 9 gym for team yellow that was almost level 10. I levelled it up and lodged a Pokemon. Now we play the waiting game.....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,215 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Pokemon go Christmas event starts the day after Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

I got an incubator, so it's started only managed to get 1 2k egg, so hope it's something I don't have yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭jmcco04

Thanks for the tips to hold off on hitting the stops! Had planned to head out before dinner but decided to wait. Struggled to get up after dinner but Jus took the dog around the block to hit the nearest pokestop and got my incubator!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement