Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

My first 3DS game purchase has been made (again) and would you believe it's another fuc'kin Pokémon game lol I also grabbed Crystal and Yellow on the VC.

I got an unexpected wage this week as well so I've went and ordered the New 3DS XL.

cwYanOT.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Burzum

Got three DC promo items, two white label games going to try for a full set costs permitting and Ready 2 Rumble promotional inflatable.

[IMG][/img]20200709-152552.jpg

[IMG][/img]20200709-152630.jpg

[IMG][/img]20200709-152543.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,211 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

DaveyDave wrote: »
    I've always wondered about those bus games, wouldn't mind having a go if they're in English?
    Ah you can figure out the menus fairly quickly, just the buttons and when to his them is a bit of a 'suck it and see'

TBG2 seems a little more complicated menu wise :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

My nephew would love that, he stops at red lights in GTA

If you like that you should check out the vipers youtube channel .
    Are ya doin' a bit of donantin ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I got you some san pellegrino John

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

My friend posted my a Xbox 360 and got it today, she didn't want to move with it and in exchange I'm donating a few bob to different charities (a proper Ms Doyle moment "no no no you take the money")

Any recommendations? Came with Kinect and a heap of Dance games
    Anything weird, JRPGs, horror. No idea what's already on it except something Castlevania

Hadn't much to post retro wise, game wise just buying games to stream on PS4

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Child of Eden is really good, even uses Kinect well if you can get it to work, but otherwise plays like the Rez follow-up it really is.
    The Bioshock games, if you don't already have them, same with the first two Dead Space titles.
    Enslaved: Odyssey to the West is pretty great as well, well worth picking up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

My friend posted my a Xbox 360 and got it today, she didn't want to move with it and in exchange I'm donating a few bob to different charities (a proper Ms Doyle moment "no no no you take the money")

Anything weird, JRPGs, horror. No idea what's already on it except something Castlevania

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Alan Wake is definitely in the weird category.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,592 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

GC Loaders finally turned up so looking forward to getting to work on one of the Gamecubes when I get a bit of free time.
    Have put a lot of discs into storage for space reasons so haven't had the Cube on for a bit, so this gives me an excuse to get busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭paul79

McDermotX wrote: »
    GC Loaders finally turned up so looking forward to getting to work on one of the Gamecubes when I get a bit of free time.
    Have put a lot of discs into storage for space reasons so haven't had the Cube on for a bit, so this gives me an excuse to get busy.

Mine turned up Friday looking forward to installing and setting it up ,all my games are in the parents attic the cube has some brilliant games .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,592 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

paul79 wrote: »
    Mine turned up Friday looking forward to installing and setting it up ,all my games are in the parents attic the cube has some brilliant games .

Aye. I'll probably hold off anyway until the 3D printed mount appears just to have things neat. Only got shipped from the UK on Friday, and I've had some terrible delivery times of late outside of normal Amazon stuff.
    Though more so from the continent (the GC loaders themselves took nearly two weeks after shipping from Holland to appear at An Post), had a replacement Supergrafx PSU appear from France only yesterday.....took a month and a half.:(

DHL etc have done sterling work of late during the pandemic delays, but there's still stuff in the wind right now for me travelling through the national posts.
    Still, small potatoes in the grand scheme of things.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Child of Eden is really good, even uses Kinect well if you can get it to work, but otherwise plays like the Rez follow-up it really is.
    The Bioshock games, if you don't already have them, same with the first two Dead Space titles.
    Enslaved: Odyssey to the West is pretty great as well, well worth picking up.
    I'll definitely try Child of Eden I loved the music.
    I liked Heavenly Sword and think Enslaved was the same crowd?
    No Bioshock or Dead Space I don't think I dunno why just haven't.

It was resting in my account!
    I did donate a bit already, I'm no good at picking, just gave me a list of types of charites

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Now I have two 3DS systems in the span of 5 days :P

The hardest part about collecting games for this will be narrowed to two things:

1 - Haven't got a clue what the best games are for it that aren't already on Switch in some capacity
    2 - They're pricey

The only handy thing I like about it is the ability to play all those Pokémon games I missed out on (I'm currently 11-ish hours into Yellow)

3U0hN9t.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Picking up a PS2 with a few games today, looking through the CEX site at the PS2 games. So many good games but im trying to limit myself from blowing a load of cash as they all add up fast with delivery :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Tons of great games for PS2 and many cheap. The higher end games have never been more expensive however.

Kylo Ren wrote: »
    Tons of great games for PS2 and many cheap. The higher end games have never been more expensive however.

Yeah seen some dear ones, luckily many of the games that i would have been interested in that are 15 euro plus on CEX have been ported to PS4 already for half the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,369 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Wow, you're not kidding there about ps2 games getting expensive.

Just thought I'd check Koun as I bought it last year for about 50 - 60 euro thinking it was probably going to explode in price and quite wanted to give it a go

- sold auctions in the last whole have been between 120gbp and 250gbp. :eek:

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »

Just thought I'd check Koun as I bought it last year for about 50 - 60 euro thinking it was probably going to explode in price and quite wanted to give it a go

Crazy, its 35 euro in CEX, but not in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 34,369 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

sugarman wrote: »
    :eek:

I picked that up in a charity shop about 2 years ago for €1. :D

Wow, that's some return on your investment! Fantastic game though, worth hanging on to.
    bmorrissey wrote: »
    Crazy, its 35 euro in CEX, but not in stock

You may be waiting a while... :D

You may be waiting a while... :D

Yeah 9 euro in cash to trade it into CEX.....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,777 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I should have picked that up ages ago. Thought a cheap unknown From Software survival horror wouldn't jump in price but Dark Souls and their later work has people really interested in rediscovering their earlier stuff and finding to be excellent.

I was surprised myself, my friend was saying she wished she had it, it was like high on her wishlist and I was like "sure that's cheap, I got it for like a fiver years ago" not knowing what it goes for.
    I suppose it was long before Dark Souls, I saw the trailer on a PS2 trailer disc as a teenager and got it, very glad I picked up.
    Wish I picked up Rule of Rose when it was e60 though

Picking up a PS2 with a few games today, looking through the CEX site at the PS2 games. So many good games but im trying to limit myself from blowing a load of cash as they all add up fast with delivery :(

Check link to my advert have a few ps2 games there, ranging from fair to very good condition.
    You can have as many as you want for free just cover postage if you need it, not the best titles mostly filler but something may catch your eye.

Same for anyone else, free to take.

https://www.adverts.ie/games/bundle-of-ps3-ps2-wii-games/20940859

Burzum wrote: »
    Check link to my advert have a few ps2 games there, ranging from fair to very good condition.
    You can have as many as you want for free just cover postage if you need it, not the best titles mostly filler but something may catch your eye.

Same for anyone else, free to take.

https://www.adverts.ie/games/bundle-of-ps3-ps2-wii-games/20940859

Yeah id defiantly be interested in some of them. 100%

Yeah id defiantly be interested in some of them. 100%

Throw me a pm and we sort it out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Few bits in today. I have all of the CG Portrait discs already, but some of these new ones are in better condition.

R1efDHN.jpg

X0YxG7F.jpg

lcQ9M29.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,777 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Always hated shadows of the empire and it baffles me it has defenders.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement