Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Teaching Leaving cert applied

Options
  • 06-07-2020 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I’m struggling to find the answer to this and hoping someone can help.
    Is there a certain qualification/training needed to teach the Leaving Cert Applied Modules?
    I’ve heard and found out information about the modules themselves, but not what is needed to teach them.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ulsen

In secondary schools you need a teaching qualification to teach LCA, in places like youthreach you don't necessarily need a teaching qualification but they may offer LCA. PDST run CPD in LCA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Random sample

I presume it depends on the individual modules. Which module are you looking at? In my school the ag science teacher does horticulture; home ec teacher does childcare and hotel, catering and most other subjects fit neatly into qualifications that teachers would normally have, like languages, maths etc.

For secondary schools, a degree in the general area of the module and a pme would be the standard.

Advertisement