Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Assetto Corsa Competizione

• 30-05-2019 9:24am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭

17.jpg

https://www.assettocorsa.net/competizione/

Surely this deserves its own thread :)
    Finally V1 is out of early access and fully released.
    New cars and tracks that didnt make it into early access all included in whats now the official Blancpain GT Series videogame.
    As the sim developed it was clear kunos were going full bells and whistles in the realism department and it seems they have delivered a top class modern sim.
    Personally i was looking forward to a sim dedicated to just one series to really go to town on everything the race weekend involves and they nailed it bigtime imho.
    What struck me playing some of the recent builds in early access is just how good a job kunos did with the physics.
    I would go so far as to say no other sim does as good a job at replicating a GT3 car going over kerbs and bumps [yes the cars in this series absolutely hammer the kerbs that you see F1 cars avoid :)]
    While driving these beasts hard you fully appreciate why the real life cars run with traction control, they really are a handfull.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭_HULK_SMASH!

Was really looking forward to this, bought in at the Early access stage, Ive been disappointed so far, mainly because I run triple screens and it still doesn't look right.. Also at this stage my aging system is now at the minimum specs recommended to run this. Disappointing when all my other sims run fine..

Ill come back to it when I upgrade my PC.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Yeah apparently tri screens and VR are badly executed.
    Also some are getting major performance issues, personally i have a high spec PC and get well over 100fps max settings @1440P .
    The backend needs work but out on the track its absolute quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭tipp_tipp_tipp

Simple question about this game, can you actually run a 24 hour race in it?

Yes if you so wish, especially with the upcoming update where you can save your progress.
    This update currently available as The Public Beta" 1.0.7 update on steam is the biggest update yet.
    The best part for me is the new 5 point tyre model, it totally transforms this sim,its going down great with the community with pretty much everyone raving about it.
    More info here
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/introducing-the-5-point-tyre-model-for-acc.59307/

Official thread here.
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/public-beta-1-0-7-update-out-now.59488/

@HULK SMASH im hearing there is a performance boost with this update, just fyi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭tipp_tipp_tipp

Thanks for that. Probably don't have the hardware to run this, but hoping to change that in the next couple of weeks. Love GT3s so will probably give this a shot.

• Advertisement

Worth noting you can accelerate time to whatever speed you desire.
    For example i often run 60 or 90 min races with accelerated day/night to get that 24 hour transition, add in in whatever weather you desire or just dynamic weather and its very immersive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Just found out that this is coming to PS4 and Xbox1 in June.
    It's not available for pre order online yet though.
    I'll definitely order it for the free pack that's on offer but I just hope that Kunos do a better job at launch than they did for the original AC.

Got myself a wheel and back doing some racing, feels great to be back after months of injury.

Loving AMS2 and ACC at the moment.

I bought the DLC for ACC and just ran my first race at Kyalami, great track.

Watching it back there YT sucks the quality out of it so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,943 ✭✭✭Doge

Dcully wrote: »
    Got myself a wheel and back doing some racing, feels great to be back after months of injury.

Loving AMS2 and ACC at the moment.

I bought the DLC for ACC and just ran my first race at Kyalami, great track.

Watching it back there YT sucks the quality out of it so much.

Welcome back man!
    I have been lazy enough on the Sim Racing front with so many other hobbies taking over. The only bit of racing i have done lately is in The Getaway on PS2. :pac:

AMS2 is meant to have a pretty decent VR experience if Jimmy is anyone to go by:

• Advertisement

Im not seeing anything on steam yet but apparently ACC is free to play this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭ctlsleh

I have moved from AC to ACC......anyone else noticing that ACC feels like the world isn’t moving as fast as it should?
    AC gives you a linear feeling of Fast you are travelling, so when you’re braking you can get the sense of what’s the right speed.......with ACC, I’m not getting the same sense of speed at all......can’t play it, very disappointing........!!

Is it just me?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Returning to sim racing on the PC after upgrading my graphics card. I picked up ACC while it was on sale on Steam and finally got to turn a few laps tonight.

I'm finding that the rear view mirror (on all cars) and the dash display (on some cars) looks really blurry. All of my settings are on ultra. Any ideas on this? Or is it a widespread issue? Took a screenshot of the dash attached - it's a bit strange. Everything else looks great on ultra, apart from the rear view mirror and the dash.

I'm also struggling to get the same type of FBB from ACC that I would have gotten from iRacing in the past. It feels like everything is pretty weak - it's almost impossible to tell you are on the curb or on the grass. Going over the high curbs in the last chicane in Barcelona, and there's almost no FBB - I have a T300RS. I know that ACC doesn't have any feedback that isn't authentic, but finding it difficult to get a feel for what the car is doing and where it is on track.

Despite this, really enjoying it so far and hope to sync plenty of hours into it over the next few weeks.

Something wrong somewhere if your dash is lower res than everything else.

FFB in ACC while very very good is lacking a bit compared to some other sims but not by much.
    Search the usual outlets for specific wheel settings in your wheels software after that watch this video where Aris offers his suggested settings for wheels, timestamps are in the comments below the video to find your wheel.

ctlsleh wrote: »
    I have moved from AC to ACC......anyone else noticing that ACC feels like the world isn’t moving as fast as it should?
    AC gives you a linear feeling of Fast you are travelling, so when you’re braking you can get the sense of what’s the right speed.......with ACC, I’m not getting the same sense of speed at all......can’t play it, very disappointing........!!

Is it just me?

Could be your FOV setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭ctlsleh

Dcully wrote: »
    Could be your FOV setting.

are there different FOV settings for ACC vs AC?

i have a 24" monitor, i sit about 2 feet away and have the FOV set for about 24 if i remember correctly.

24 is very low so you it will feel slow.
    There are a few FOV calculators around but dont treat them as gospel, by all means try its suggested value but i find they are mostly a bit too low so i usually increase a bit.
    I do understand going for low fov especially on a small monitor, it helps hitting apex better etc but on a 24" monitor i wouldnt put it too low as it will feel very slow.

Console gameplay

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Having a lot of problems with micro stutters on ACC (other games are fine). It seems to happen only when going through corners - maybe once or twice per lap. The FPS remains high. I tried RTSS and it graphs out the frame pacing issues nicely (see attached).

Limiting the FPS doesn't seem to help, nor does significantly lowering the graphics or turning on the low latency functionality in the nVidia control panel. Very strange.

Just picked up a copy of this yesterday. Looking forward to having a go of it later on.

They've announced a PS5 patch for early next year but I've been dying to play it for ages now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Enjoy... it's a phenomenal game/sim but it does take time to get used to it. Coming from iRacing though, you should be fine.

The mirrors thing is the same for me, I'm running a 6900XT and the mirror resolution is not great. Compare this to AC, the mirrors are crystal clear.

FFB is trial and error really, totally subjective. Lots of guides out there but I have mine set as follows on a Logitech G29 (soon to be a CSL DD).

Gain:100%

Min Force: 12%

Dynamic Damping: 50%

Road Effects:20%

I prefer a heavy, stiff wheel. Other might not like these settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Anyone still active in this thread? Just realised I responded to a year old comment, idiot...

Anyways, let me know if active, wouldn't mind organising some Boards wacky races.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Yep, still my main sim. About to start season 4 in the community I race with (Dads Go Sim Racing).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,943 ✭✭✭Doge

Still active here on PC. Really enjoying the RallySimFans version of Richard Burns Rally which is free and feels much better than Dirt Rally!

The PS5 update has gone live.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I'm bumping this old post for anyone on Xbox or PS5 who's playing ACC and fancies joining a league. I'm part of a league running races on a Wednesday and Sunday evening at 7:30/8pm. There's a broad mix of drivers from aliens to relative newbies so all are welcome. The current season finishes next week, after which point there'll be a few pre-season races for newbies to join and test the water, with the new season starting on March 20th.

We've got a Discord channel called RPM Motorsport here: https://discord.gg/ywfjkrmqJP so come along if you fancy it.

Advertisement