Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I felt like things can't get better from hear after world 1, then I played 2.1 and 2.2 and boy its unbelievable..

Well, I've had a fairly stressful day today. Threw on the VR and played 2-2 of Astrobot.... and the stress was gone. I just sat there for a while enjoying the scenery and then playing it, it somehow became more epic. It's such a pity that only VR owners will get a chance to experience this.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,807 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Drumpot wrote: »
    I find sometime the screen isn’t perfectly clear, is that cause I haven’t been wearing my glasses or is it prob headset settings?

If I don't wear my glasses, it's the same as not wearing them in real life, I will have blur. But something to get used to is to look with your head. VR doesn't track your eyes, so if you use your eyes to look away from centre, it can be blurry. Move your head rather than your eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Anybody know where you can get those move controllers at a decent price ? A pack of them on amazon costs over £150, is that the normal price?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Drumpot wrote: »
    Anybody know where you can get those move controllers at a decent price ? A pack of them on amazon costs over £150, is that the normal price?

Theres an Iron Man VR pack with the moves available for pre order for €95 on Smyths. Due to be released early July if you can wait.

Great interview with Iron Man devs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Theres an Iron Man VR pack with the moves available for pre order for €95 on Smyths. Due to be released early July if you can wait.

I can wait, that’s a great deal, thanks for letting me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭coolisin

Pistol whip out at the end of July.
    Jaysus I'll be inside for the entire summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

coolisin wrote: »
    Pistol whip out at the end of July.
    Jaysus I'll be inside for the entire summer!

Great news. Been really looking forward to this one. Cheers for the heads up!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,639 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'm going to give Dirt Rally a go in VR later. Competing in the Monte Carlo driving a Group B monster will be a challenge for sure.

Pistol Whip looks interesting. Superhot meets Beat Saber. I'm in!

• Advertisement

So I've mostly been playing Astrobot but can anyone tell me if this kind of game helps build up resistance to motion sickness or am i better off doing short bursts of resi 7? Just trying to figure out the best way to prepare for walking dead and iron Man when i get the moves in July.

And any idea how long it takes to build resistance or is it completely dependent on the person? Like how long were you playing resi 7 before you were 'comfortable'?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭coolisin

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    So I've mostly been playing Astrobot but can anyone tell me if this kind of game helps build up resistance to motion sickness or am i better off doing short bursts of resi 7? Just trying to figure out the best way to prepare for walking dead and iron Man when i get the moves in July.

And any idea how long it takes to build resistance or is it completely dependent on the person? Like how long were you playing resi 7 before you were 'comfortable'?

There is a lot of movement in it so it would help!
    Personally I found firewall with its quick burst play great. 10mins in the lobby 1 in game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

Any time spent in VR will build tolerance - your brain has to separate what it expects your physical body to be doing compared to what it sees on a screen in front of it. It took me about 4-5 days with maybe 2 hours playtime a day to push through it - once you do you’ll be smooth motioning with the best of them :)

I played resi 7 about day 4/5 and had no problems - apart from the overall creepiness and unsettling feeling of it haha

Also as coolisin said, short burst or rounds of firewall will help too. It’s all about the separation and once your brain realises that it isn’t reality and shouldn’t expect your body to move in the same way you’ll be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 11,639 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'll have to keep a watchout for Firewall. I've seen it bundled with the aim controller which I can also use with Farpoint.

coolisin wrote: »
    There is a lot of movement in it so it would help!
    Personally I found firewall with its quick burst play great. 10mins in the lobby 1 in game
    Blaze420 wrote: »
    Any time spent in VR will build tolerance - your brain has to separate what it expects your physical body to be doing compared to what it sees on a screen in front of it. It took me about 4-5 days with maybe 2 hours playtime a day to push through it - once you do you’ll be smooth motioning with the best of them :)

I played resi 7 about day 4/5 and had no problems - apart from the overall creepiness and unsettling feeling of it haha

Also as coolisin said, short burst or rounds of firewall will help too. It’s all about the separation and once your brain realises that it isn’t reality and shouldn’t expect your body to move in the same way you’ll be grand

Thanks lads, just the info I was looking for. I started world 5 of Astrobot last night so will finish that out and go back to Resi 7 to see the difference then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Prey, which I thought was a decent game a few years back, looks like it could be getting a VR update.

https://gamerant.com/prey-vr-ps4-game-leaked/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Sitting playing Days Gone using my TV and I was moving my head going whys he not turning...

I think its safe to say, I've gone mad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

kerplun k wrote: »
    Prey, which I thought was a decent game a few years back, looks like it could be getting a VR update.

https://gamerant.com/prey-vr-ps4-game-leaked/

This could be interesting - I’ve had it sitting in the stack for a while but a VR mode could definitely change that. And let’s not forget it does have one of the most banging intro tunes ever....

So is the Days of Play Sale still going ahead tomorrow?... Will we expect more VR titles to go on sale?.

I don't see anything anywhere saying it's cancelled. They might not be as into advertising it maybe, but can't see why cancelling it would make any difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,794 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Thinking of trying playing while wearing contacts see how that works

CastorTroy wrote: »

Don't want to be that guy, but, same as real life! But I have astigmatism, so my contacts are about 30-50% more expensive than normal ones, so it would drive the cost of VR gaming up!

Sale is starting to show up on PSPrices.com. More will show as the day goes on.

Superhot VR - 12.50
    Skyrim VR - 25

https://en.psprices.com/region-ie/games/vr/?platform=my&sort=date

Sale is starting to show up on PSPrices.com. More will show as the day goes on.

Superhot VR - 12.50
    Skyrim V - 25

https://en.psprices.com/region-ie/games/vr/?platform=my&sort=date

US PSN prices:

Borderlands 2 VR - 20$ US
    Blood and Truth - 20$ US
    Firewall Zero Hour - 10$ US

And I do believe I saw Eagle Flight in there for around $7

EDIT: Blood and Truth is 15euro on Irish store

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

CastorTroy wrote: »

I've started doing this over the past few days and found it a good bit more comfortable.

EDIT: Blood and Truth is 15euro on Irish store

Awesome! Gonna load up on some for the Moves like this and Superhot. Dent in my wallet today but good good times when I get my sticks :)

Awesome! Gonna load up on some for the Moves like this and Superhot. Dent in my wallet today but good good times when I get my sticks :)

Yeah i purchased it and Borderlands 2 VR, I dont know how many times I have bought Borderlands 2 now at this rate..

Borderlands can be played with the Aim Controller so cant wait to try that..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,794 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Don't want to be that guy, but, same as real life! But I have astigmatism, so my contacts are about 30-50% more expensive than normal ones, so it would drive the cost of VR gaming up!

I've got dailies that I use for boot camp, but since that isn't happening at the moment figure I'll try them out. When adjusting the headset I keep hitting the glasses.
    Will try them out and see how I get on

• Advertisement

Contemplating getting Intruders Hide and Seek and Arca... Has anyone tried them?

Advertisement